Architecture Working Group
AWG's mission is to develop the protocols that will open up the Second Life Grid from something operated solely by Linden Lab to where others can run parts of the grid.
- Basic info here.
- Learn more about scope, timeframe, getting started, process and best practices in About AWG.
Formal meetings will likely be held 3-4 times/year and located in Second Life to facilitate broad participation. Meetings will be coordinated on SLDev.
- AWG Meeting 2: Scheduled for 18 March 2008, 8am-noon Pacific Daylight Time. See invitation posted to sldev for details.
- Location: Pooley Stage
- To receive event notices, IM Liana Linden for an invite to the AWG Participants group.
- This event will use Voice. Please test your microphone beforehand.
- AWG Meeting 1: Agenda, transcript, work items, participant responses and other resources.
Zero's Office Hours
Engineering Director Zero Linden hosts technical discussions about Second Life Grid development at his office hours 2x/week. Date, time, location and transcripts available at User:Zero Linden.
NB: Task-based work groups are encouraged to self-organize community meetings to move forward particular work areas and discuss hot topics as needed. See Resources below.
Documents and Resources
The current, and first, draft of "Second Life Grid - Open Grid Protocol" can be found here:
Please Note: The draft page is locked because we want a stable reference for discussion and to base the next draft on. Each section in the draft has a link on the right to a discussion for that particular section. Discuss!
The current state of the group's design:
- Second Life Grid: Description, motivation and goals.
- Structural Design: Overview of structure, description of agent and region domains, etc.
- Second Life Grid Protocols
- Second Life Grid Glossary
- AWG Use Cases contributed by work group members.
Related efforts, groups and work: