What is Magnum?
Magnum is the nickname for 1 of our 3 'Server Release Candidate' channels. When a new version of server is ready for the main grid it needs to prove itself in a release candidate channel for one week first. This is what we used to call a pilot roll. Once a 'Server Release Candidate' has proven itself it will be rolled out to the entire main grid. Magnum will then be given a new 'Server Release Candidate'. We might have as many as three 'Server Release Candidate' channels on the main grid at the same time. The others are BlueSteel and LeTigre. These can and probably will change on a weekly basis.
Magnum Release Channel
This is the Magnum Release Channel. Information on this release candidate is below. For more information on beta projects, see: Beta Server Office Hours.
We will normally roll Release Candidates to the grid Wednesday mornings when we have them. If we don't have one we won't roll anything. The RC has to be stable on the main grid for 6 days. If so it will be rolled to the full grid next the next Tuesday morning. During the course of the 6 days RC cycle regions on the RC cycle may be restarted more frequently.
"You gotta tame the beast before you let it out of its cage."
Magnum can be on about 10% of the grid. These 4 regions will always have the latest up to date Magnum RC code. You are welcome to use them as needed. They are available to members of the group "Second Life Beta". Please join this group: http://world.secondlife.com/group/19657888-576f-83e9-2580-7c3da7c0e4ca
If they are closed that means there is no RC using that channel.
- Magnum Sandbox 1
- Magnum Sandbox 2
- Magnum Sandbox 3
- Magnum Sandbox 4
How To File Bugs
- Log in.
- Choose "Affects Version/s" that matches the server version from "Help->About Second Life..."
- Be verbose and descriptive.
- Be sure to add your environment.
- Released: 2011-01-05
- Running same code as main channel (Second Life Server release notes)
- Compression feature enabled
- This compresses the data sent between regions when teleporting or crossing region boundaries. During this RC phase, it will only show improvement when going between two Magnum regions.
- Deployed: 2010-12-08
- Deployed code from the main channel (Second Life Server release notes)
- Deployed: 2010-11-10
- Sims running same code as main channel
- Using new Inventory API backend-service
- Bug Fixes
- : A folder with one or more items currently worn will not show the un-worn items also in that folder
- Deployed: 2010-11-03
- Bug Fixes
- : Five minute wait due to "System Logging You Out" happens every time when wearing scripted attachments.
- : Online friends not showing online
- Several stuck presence issues resolved.
- Several simulator crash fixes.
- Known Issues
- : Meta-bug to collect reports of inventory issues with the new Inventory API.
- : Inventory: folders with many items, and some of those items are worn, don't show the un-worn items.
- Deployed: 2010-10-26
- Running same code as main channel, see Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/10#10.10.18.212360
- Additionally, Display Names configuration is enabled.
- Deployed: 2010-09-28
- Running the same code as the main channel, see Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/10#10.09.21.210146