Beta Server Office Hours/Minutes/2011-08-11

From Second Life Wiki
< Beta Server Office Hours
Revision as of 19:29, 11 August 2011 by Oskar Linden (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

This meeting was held on August 11th, 2011

Agenda

  • This week wasn't as painful as some of the other weeks lately.

Updates

  • Crazy week again... the release notes might be slightly out of date.
  • Second Life Server (main channel)
  • The maint-server from BlueSteel got the nod for promotion and went out on Tuesday.
    • New Features
      • Enhancements for marketplace item delivery.
    • Bug Fixes
      • Fix for SVC-7104 "Granting/revoking perms broken for non-web-profile viewers"
      • Fix for SVC-7059 "(Spanish) [DATE I18N] Date in English in Group profile > Terreno/Bienes > L$ del grupo > Detalles tab and Ventas tab"
      • Fix for SVC-7067 "Postcards sent from LeTigre sims fail with error code also can not upload sound files on LeTigre"
      • Fix for SVC-6973 "France Villas Sim, we have been having MAJOR issues on this sim since the last update on the Havok software..We presently have 4 open tickets on it and TJ linden said to file a bug report"
      • Changed logging for TIMEWARP issues.
      • Removed some unused IM code.
    • https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/11#11.08.02.237522
  • BlueSteel RC Channel
  • This is the "scripting maint-server" project.
    • New Features
      • Allow scripters to set a lower memory limit on mono scripts
        integer llSetMemoryLimit(integer limit) Set the maximum memory a script can use to limit.
      • Ability to set prim media on linked prims without sleeping the script.
        integer llSetLinkMedia(integer link, integer side, list params) Equivalent to llSetPrimMediaParams called on link prim in the link set.
        list llGetLinkMedia(integer link, integer side, list params) Equivalent to llGetPrimMediaParams called on link prim in the link set.
        integer llClearLinkMedia(integer link, integer side) Equivalent to llClearPrimMedia called on link prim in the link set.
      • llSetLinkCamera
        llSetLinkCamera(integer link, vector eye, vector at) Equivalent to calling both llSetCameraEyeOffset and llSetCameraAtOffset on link prim in the link set.
      • Allow HTML in llHTTPResponses to browsers embedded in viewers for content you own
        llSetContentType(key request_id, integer content_type)
        • CONTENT_TYPE_TEXT (default) "text/plain"
        • CONTENT_TYPE_HTML "text/html", only valid for embedded browsers on content owned by the person viewing. Falls back to "text/plain" otherwise.
      • Extend llGetLocalPos function to llGet*PrimitiveParams under PRIM_POS_LOCAL
        PRIM_POS_LOCAL Sets and gets the 'local' position via llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast and related.
      • llLinkSitTarget, llAvatarOnLinkSitTarget
        llLinkSitTarget(integer link, vector offset, rotation rot) Equivalent to calling llSitTarget on link prim in the link set.
        key llAvatarOnLinkSitTarget() Equivalent to calling llAvatarOnSitTarget on link prim in the link set.
      • Add llSetVelocity() and llSetAngularVelocity() functions to LSL
        llSetVelocity(vector force, integer local)
        llSetRotationalVelocity(vector force, integer local)
      • Add ability for llSetLinkPrimitiveParams* and llGetLinkPrimitiveParams functions to switch link targets
        [PRIM_LINK_TARGET, integer link_num] Will cause subsequent parameters to effect link_num prim independent of original prim being effected. Compatible with all PrimParams functions.
    • Bug Fixes
      • Fix for SVC-7060 "Reliable message RevokePermissions does not revoke permissions on objects that have been granted PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION"
      • Fix for llDialog spamming that cripples the viewer.
      • Fix to make shift copying copy all prim properties.
      • Fix to prevent LSL scripts from using non-finite numbers in physical functions.
    • https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/11#11.08.08.237997


Upcoming Stuff

Interesting Stuff

Any Other Items

Transcript of Oskar Linden's Beta Server Office Hour for August 11th, 2011:

  • [2011/08/11 15:01] Jacky Scharf: Hi Oskar
  • [2011/08/11 15:01] Oskar Linden: hi everyone
  • [2011/08/11 15:02] Fancy Greeter: Maestro Linden has arrived! (Or, returned?)
  • [2011/08/11 15:02] Conover's Flight-Helper 6.3.3 (WEAR ME!): Flight-helper is ready and operational.
  • [2011/08/11 15:02] DreamGirl224: *kicher*
  • [2011/08/11 15:02] Rex Cronon: greetings everybody
  • [2011/08/11 15:02] Eddi Decosta: hi latif :)
  • [2011/08/11 15:02] Rex Cronon: hi oskar
  • [2011/08/11 15:02] Latif Khalifa: hello :)
  • [2011/08/11 15:03] Oskar Linden: how is everyone today?
  • [2011/08/11 15:03] Marigold Devin: Marigold Devin waves hi to everyone from the back
  • [2011/08/11 15:03] Rex Cronon: hi
  • [2011/08/11 15:03] Homeless: good and you?
  • [2011/08/11 15:03] Lares Carter: doing okay
  • [2011/08/11 15:03] Oskar Linden: it's been a rough week
  • [2011/08/11 15:03] Jacky Scharf: It's a bad day, but it's ok.
  • [2011/08/11 15:03] Oskar Linden: but we're hangin' in there
  • [2011/08/11 15:03] Eddi Decosta: hi its a shark meeting? :)
  • [2011/08/11 15:03] Rex Cronon: we waiting for news from u oskar:)
  • [2011/08/11 15:04] Oskar Linden: news huh?
  • [2011/08/11 15:04] Oskar Linden: what kind of news do you want?
  • [2011/08/11 15:04] Liisa Runo: what was the rollback?
  • [2011/08/11 15:04] Oskar Linden: weeeeeeeeeell first things first
  • [2011/08/11 15:04] Rex Cronon: that is why they r callded news. u r the one that has them:)
  • [2011/08/11 15:05] Oskar Linden: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta_Server_Office_Hours/
  • [2011/08/11 15:05] Oskar Linden: oops
  • [2011/08/11 15:05] Kadah Coba: Try again
  • [2011/08/11 15:05] Acheron Gloom: remove the / ;p
  • [2011/08/11 15:05] Oskar Linden: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta_Server_Office_Hours
  • [2011/08/11 15:05] Acheron Gloom: at the end
  • [2011/08/11 15:05] Oskar Linden: my bad
  • [2011/08/11 15:05] Oskar Linden: so...
  • [2011/08/11 15:05] Oskar Linden: things started off ok
  • [2011/08/11 15:06] Oskar Linden: oh I just realized some of my links in there are wrong
  • [2011/08/11 15:06] Oskar Linden: when things start to get a bit hairy I don't have time to update the release notes to catch up
  • [2011/08/11 15:07] Oskar Linden: all the good fixes from BlueSteel made it to the main channel
  • [2011/08/11 15:07] Oskar Linden: we even started doing pre-merges last week
  • [2011/08/11 15:07] Oskar Linden: which is a first for us
  • [2011/08/11 15:07] Oskar Linden: in an attempt to make Tuesdays easier on QA
  • [2011/08/11 15:08] Oskar Linden: after the main channel deploy tuesday morning we had a host of merge issues with the two new rc's
  • [2011/08/11 15:08] Oskar Linden: maestro has details
  • [2011/08/11 15:08] Oskar Linden: it had to do with the apache fixes from the week before
  • [2011/08/11 15:08] Oskar Linden: some files had wrong chmod perms
  • [2011/08/11 15:09] Oskar Linden: caused headaches that took most of Tuesday to fix
  • [2011/08/11 15:09] Pauline Darkfury: Is that why there was a double-roll with BlueSteel this week?
  • [2011/08/11 15:09] Oskar Linden: nope
  • [2011/08/11 15:09] Oskar Linden: getting there :-)
  • [2011/08/11 15:09] Oskar Linden: we postponed the Magnum roll to get some more fixes in
  • [2011/08/11 15:10] Oskar Linden: last night I noticed SVC-7176
  • [2011/08/11 15:10] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-7176] Items are being auto returned from my parcel whenever anyone sits or clicks the item https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7176
  • [2011/08/11 15:10] Oskar Linden: actually it was Moon Metty who brought it to my attention
  • [2011/08/11 15:11] Oskar Linden: I asked Maestro to look into it and then I had to head out
  • [2011/08/11 15:11] Oskar Linden: what happened after that Maestro?
  • [2011/08/11 15:11] Oskar Linden: I can never tell if maestro is typing or not
  • [2011/08/11 15:11] Maestro Linden: well, we repro'ed it
  • [2011/08/11 15:11] Oskar Linden: heh
  • [2011/08/11 15:11] Maestro Linden: basically, the issue was,
  • [2011/08/11 15:12] Maestro Linden: if you had objects in a parcel which wouldn't be allowed to enter the parcel by the 'object entry' rules
  • [2011/08/11 15:12] Maestro Linden: if an avatar sat on the object and then stood up, the object would be returned to owner after a few seconds, as though it had just entered the parcel
  • [2011/08/11 15:12] Kadah Coba: Eep
  • [2011/08/11 15:13] Oskar Linden: that's pretty bad
  • [2011/08/11 15:13] Pauline Darkfury: Mmm, that's what I guessed the issue was, nasty!
  • [2011/08/11 15:13] Latif Khalifa: Andrew mentioned some changes to object return system to return the most recent object and objects that fill the parcel due to PE, is this related to that change?
  • [2011/08/11 15:13] Rex Cronon: sorry. but i don't see the problem with that
  • [2011/08/11 15:13] Maestro Linden: so that was letigre's rollback cause
  • [2011/08/11 15:13] Acheron Gloom: Its seperate Latif
  • [2011/08/11 15:13] Oskar Linden: it wasn't PE related. it was in a different branch
  • [2011/08/11 15:13] Acheron Gloom: as far as I know.
  • [2011/08/11 15:13] Maestro Linden: no, that was Magnum/mesh, Latif
  • [2011/08/11 15:14] Latif Khalifa: ah ok
  • [2011/08/11 15:14] Pauline Darkfury: Andrew's fix to sudden-bloat return is probably not live yet, I'd guess?
  • [2011/08/11 15:14] Maestro Linden: oh, and Bluesteel had 2 bugs as well
  • [2011/08/11 15:14] Oskar Linden: not sure if it got in Pauline
  • [2011/08/11 15:14] Oskar Linden: it's tricky tracking so many changes
  • [2011/08/11 15:14] Oskar Linden: I get confused :-(
  • [2011/08/11 15:15] Maestro Linden: bluesteel had svc-7174 and svc-7175
  • [2011/08/11 15:15] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-7174] llTargetOmega() is not working on Second Life RC BlueSteel 11.08.09.238148 https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7175
  • [2011/08/11 15:15] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-7175] llResetOtherScript("New Script") sometimes does not reset the script "NewScript" until it receives another event https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7175
  • [2011/08/11 15:15] Pauline Darkfury: I'm just happy it's in the pipeline, as long as it doesn't sit in the queue past mesh going grid-wide
  • [2011/08/11 15:15] Maestro Linden: both of those were fixed in a roll-forward this morning
  • [2011/08/11 15:15] Maestro Linden: we were planning to maybe do a roll-forward for hte object return bug in letigre as well, but the fix attempt last night introduced other issues
  • [2011/08/11 15:16] Maestro Linden: so it was rolled back instead
  • [2011/08/11 15:16] Homeless: amazing how fixes always break things
  • [2011/08/11 15:16] Kelly Linden: I'm interested in feedback on script and sim performance on the BlueSteel channel.
  • [2011/08/11 15:17] Oskar Linden: anyone checked BlueSteel out yet?
  • [2011/08/11 15:17] Acheron Gloom: I have a bit.
  • [2011/08/11 15:17] Oskar Linden: can kelly retire now?
  • [2011/08/11 15:17] Pauline Darkfury: Have only had time to check my BlueSteels seem to be running ok, no detailed look at script perf yet
  • [2011/08/11 15:18] Acheron Gloom: Nothing to report yet, though I have to test some things that were broken before on the beta grid... Not worth mentioning until I test though.
  • [2011/08/11 15:18] Fancy Greeter: Coyot Linden has arrived! (Or, returned?)
  • [2011/08/11 15:18] Liisa Runo: retire? are you joking?
  • [2011/08/11 15:18] Oskar Linden: unless we hear otherwise BlueSteel will probably get the nod for promotion next week
  • [2011/08/11 15:18] Oskar Linden: I am joking
  • [2011/08/11 15:18] Oskar Linden: yes
  • [2011/08/11 15:19] Coyot Linden: hi
  • [2011/08/11 15:19] Oskar Linden: well anyone with interest in scripting performance check out BlueSteel this weekend
  • [2011/08/11 15:19] Coyot Linden: sorry to be late
  • [2011/08/11 15:19] Liisa Runo: i played with the new LSL stuff in bluesteel, some usefull stuff there and all seemed to work good.
  • [2011/08/11 15:19] Rex Cronon: hi
  • [2011/08/11 15:19] Eddi Decosta: hi Coyot
  • [2011/08/11 15:19] Lares Carter: heya Coyot
  • [2011/08/11 15:19] Acheron Gloom: The only thing I was curious about for the script maint project specifically was possibly having a way to get the current script-time of an obejct isntead of the 30 minute average
  • [2011/08/11 15:19] Jacky Scharf: Hello Coyot.
  • [2011/08/11 15:20] Acheron Gloom: But that'd be better for the scripting office hours themselves, It hink
  • [2011/08/11 15:20] Kelly Linden: In short we track 1 script time number for all scripts. That number right now is 30min avg.
  • [2011/08/11 15:20] Kelly Linden: We could change what that 1 number we track is, but tracking more additional data points would be problematic.
  • [2011/08/11 15:21] Acheron Gloom: Even if it wasn't saved, it was just that current frame or something?
  • [2011/08/11 15:21] Kelly Linden: We just don't track that.
  • [2011/08/11 15:21] Kelly Linden: we accumulate it all in the stat we do track.
  • [2011/08/11 15:21] Acheron Gloom: Acheron Gloom nods
  • [2011/08/11 15:21] Pauline Darkfury: The more I think about it, the more I think it should really be a 60s average, tbh
  • [2011/08/11 15:21] Acheron Gloom: What about a way to get the number of frames elapsed? Unless I'm wrong we could do some math to grab different time intervals, as long as we had that number.
  • [2011/08/11 15:22] Pauline Darkfury: 30m is useful for some purposes, but it does mask short term heavy load
  • [2011/08/11 15:22] Acheron Gloom: And maybe it'd be useful for other things, I don't know. It might be too specific for its own function...
  • [2011/08/11 15:22] Kelly Linden: I'm definitely open to a shorter cycle, it is easy to change. I think 60s is too short, but 5 or 10min might be a reasonable compromise.
  • [2011/08/11 15:22] Kadah Coba: I've been noticing (at least on main channel) that when there is low or no spare time, scripts sleep for up to several seconds every few seconds.
  • [2011/08/11 15:22] JS Streamwechsler: whispers: Paskis' Radio TV - Initialised
  • [2011/08/11 15:22] JS Streamwechsler: whispers: Warning, it appears that the land here is owned by someone else, or group owned. You will need to use the subwoofer, deeded to a group, to use the Radio TV on group land.
  • [2011/08/11 15:22] JS Streamwechsler: whispers: Paskis' Radio TV - Ready!
  • [2011/08/11 15:22] Kelly Linden: that is probably better on BlueSteel evil, but not gone.
  • [2011/08/11 15:23] Kadah Coba: And timer events were having only a minimum tick of half a second too.
  • [2011/08/11 15:24] Kelly Linden: how many active scripts?
  • [2011/08/11 15:24] Kadah Coba: Script time and active scripts in the region was very low
  • [2011/08/11 15:24] Kadah Coba: Under 4k scripts I think
  • [2011/08/11 15:24] Kelly Linden: homestead?
  • [2011/08/11 15:24] Kadah Coba: Full main land region
  • [2011/08/11 15:25] Kelly Linden: region name?
  • [2011/08/11 15:25] Kadah Coba: Smithers Bluff
  • [2011/08/11 15:25] Kadah Coba: This was about a week or so ago
  • [2011/08/11 15:25] Kadah Coba: I thought it was very odd
  • [2011/08/11 15:25] Kelly Linden: coulda been non-script lag
  • [2011/08/11 15:25] Kadah Coba: There's not much in the region
  • [2011/08/11 15:26] Kadah Coba: And it was doing it over a couple days
  • [2011/08/11 15:26] Pauline Darkfury: yeah, it's not a particularly heavily loaded region
  • [2011/08/11 15:26] Oskar Linden: TIMEWARP?
  • [2011/08/11 15:26] Kadah Coba: It was even lower at the time, that was before Pauline had any renters in the sim
  • [2011/08/11 15:27] Kelly Linden: That would be my next guess. Impossible to diagnose a couple weeks after the fact though.
  • [2011/08/11 15:27] Pauline Darkfury: it's just a jump to the left :p
  • [2011/08/11 15:27] Kadah Coba: True, Kelly
  • [2011/08/11 15:28] Oskar Linden: Kadah be sure to call kelly earlier with performance issues
  • [2011/08/11 15:28] Pauline Darkfury: Looking at Smithers Bluff with Moon's dilation graph, it generally seems good. It has the standard Class 7 very low number of scripts to hit 100% thing, but appears to perform well
  • [2011/08/11 15:28] Kelly Linden: yeah my pager number is: <insert oskar's cell number here>
  • [2011/08/11 15:29] Kadah Coba: I didnt think it was an issue at time time, I figured it was just the new way things were time sliced, or whatever
  • [2011/08/11 15:29] Kelly Linden: The number of scripts to hit 100% should be improved in bluesteel.
  • [2011/08/11 15:29] Oskar Linden: you guys can call me on the weekend. I'm cool with that
  • [2011/08/11 15:29] Oskar Linden: bring beer
  • [2011/08/11 15:29] Oskar Linden: meet at my place
  • [2011/08/11 15:29] Pauline Darkfury: Given the timescale, that might have been before Kelly's latest main channel perf fix
  • [2011/08/11 15:29] Latif Khalifa: Pauline, those dilation graphs are of less use now that scripts are more decoupled and don't freeze sims
  • [2011/08/11 15:30] Marigold Devin: cool
  • [2011/08/11 15:30] Pauline Darkfury: Yup, but they do show odd pauses nicely, and the latest shows the timeslice/overload factor
  • [2011/08/11 15:30] Kadah Coba: The scripts were running pretty fast, they were just sleeping a lot and timer events would fire faster than half a sec
  • [2011/08/11 15:30] Kadah Coba: woudlnt*
  • [2011/08/11 15:31] Pauline Darkfury: mmm, timers limited to 0.5s is odd, and hopefully easy to test/monitor
  • [2011/08/11 15:32] Kelly Linden: I've been toying with the responsiveness of timer events a little today
  • [2011/08/11 15:33] Kelly Linden: How much of the beta meeting should we take up with script talk Oskar?
  • [2011/08/11 15:33] Coyot Linden: t < 0
  • [2011/08/11 15:33] Coyot Linden: :P
  • [2011/08/11 15:34] Oskar Linden: as much as people want
  • [2011/08/11 15:34] Maestro Linden: .. so, is anybody here going to SLCC?
  • [2011/08/11 15:34] Oskar Linden: if people want to talk scripts they can talk scripts
  • [2011/08/11 15:34] Oskar Linden: or SLCC
  • [2011/08/11 15:34] Motor Loon: (Oskars s o good to us)
  • [2011/08/11 15:34] Oskar Linden: maestro wants drinks bought for him
  • [2011/08/11 15:34] Coyot Linden: him == maestro or him == oskar?
  • [2011/08/11 15:35] Maestro Linden: Maestro Linden couldn't care less if Oskar gets drinks =P
  • [2011/08/11 15:35] Oskar Linden: if you get maestro drunk enough he might start talking like this "So this one time with Oskar..."
  • [2011/08/11 15:35] Marigold Devin: oooooooooo
  • [2011/08/11 15:35] Oskar Linden: him == maestro
  • [2011/08/11 15:35] Kadah Coba: Kadah Coba can't make SLCC this year :(
  • [2011/08/11 15:35] Marigold Devin: and that's how rumors start
  • [2011/08/11 15:35] Oskar Linden: I suggest that anyone going to SLCC attempt to get maestro drunk
  • [2011/08/11 15:35] Oskar Linden: that's your homework
  • [2011/08/11 15:35] Coyot Linden: lol
  • [2011/08/11 15:35] Pauline Darkfury: lol
  • [2011/08/11 15:35] Marigold Devin: Well, it'd be nice if someone'd upload some photos after the event somewhere public for those of us who can't make it
  • [2011/08/11 15:35] Oskar Linden: so who all is going to SLCC?
  • [2011/08/11 15:36] Kadah Coba: Why? Does he turn in to a pengin or something when drunk?
  • [2011/08/11 15:36] Pauline Darkfury: Not me, too far away
  • [2011/08/11 15:36] Coyot Linden: Warning. The Maestro on top of your television is about to explode.
  • [2011/08/11 15:36] Jacky Scharf: SLCC?
  • [2011/08/11 15:36] Kadah Coba: I was trying to but registration issues and costing too much prevented me.
  • [2011/08/11 15:36] Oskar Linden: Second Life Comingling Convention
  • [2011/08/11 15:37] Motor Loon: Motor Loon giggles
  • [2011/08/11 15:37] Rex Cronon: each year takes place
  • [2011/08/11 15:37] Jacky Scharf: If it's in Germany I'll go to it.
  • [2011/08/11 15:37] Marigold Devin: FranSansisco
  • [2011/08/11 15:37] Jacky Scharf: >.<
  • [2011/08/11 15:37] Rex Cronon: http://www.slconvention.org/
  • [2011/08/11 15:37] Kadah Coba: It will only be in sanfran or boston, alternatingly
  • [2011/08/11 15:37] Draconis Neurocam: its in compton
  • [2011/08/11 15:37] Oskar Linden: it's harder to do internationally
  • [2011/08/11 15:37] Latif Khalifa: Yeah, too far and compliated for me too (visa's, tsa, etc etc)
  • [2011/08/11 15:38] Oskar Linden: I was hoping to go but had RL stuff get in the way
  • [2011/08/11 15:38] Kadah Coba: The group that took over fixed it to 2 different venues and jacked up the registration price
  • [2011/08/11 15:38] Marigold Devin: Maybe when teleportation is possible in RL
  • [2011/08/11 15:38] Motor Loon: I'd go if I could afford the damn planeticket
  • [2011/08/11 15:38] Rex Cronon: there will be some sims dedicated to it
  • [2011/08/11 15:38] Pauline Darkfury: Should be able to do the I-94W visa-waiver for it? But costs/distance/time/etc
  • [2011/08/11 15:38] Oskar Linden: it's an investment for sure
  • [2011/08/11 15:39] Pauline Darkfury: And you do have to put up with being groped by the TSA
  • [2011/08/11 15:39] Kadah Coba: $300
  • [2011/08/11 15:39] Pauline Darkfury: :(
  • [2011/08/11 15:39] Kadah Coba: Plus hotel and travel
  • [2011/08/11 15:39] Kadah Coba: And tax
  • [2011/08/11 15:39] Oskar Linden: after you get to the convention the gropings are entirely voluntary
  • [2011/08/11 15:39] Rex Cronon: +plane ticket
  • [2011/08/11 15:39] Marigold Devin: Marigold Devin slaps Oskar (but I don't know why o.O)
  • [2011/08/11 15:39] Oskar Linden: so....
  • [2011/08/11 15:39] Manshy Moonstone: 'M
  • [2011/08/11 15:39] Manshy Moonstone: i have to i have my horse there
  • [2011/08/11 15:39] Oskar Linden: we had a Linden U class today
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Manshy Moonstone: . - " " " " " " - .
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Manshy Moonstone: . ' '.
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Manshy Moonstone: / O O \
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Manshy Moonstone:  : `  :
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Manshy Moonstone:  : . - - - - - - .  :
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Manshy Moonstone: \ ' ' /
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Manshy Moonstone: ' . . '
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Manshy Moonstone: ' - . . . . . . - '
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Manshy Moonstone: they will die
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Oskar Linden: Coyot taught the class
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Coyot Linden: Coyot Linden once sang the National Anthem
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Oskar Linden: Coyot would you like to tell us about the Linden U that you led
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Coyot Linden: while being frisked by the TSA
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Coyot Linden: SURE
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Coyot Linden: The Linden U was on how we release server and other core functionality
  • [2011/08/11 15:40] Coyot Linden: It explained the RC process you all know and love
  • [2011/08/11 15:41] Coyot Linden: as well as how internal nodes like login servers
  • [2011/08/11 15:41] Coyot Linden: get deployed
  • [2011/08/11 15:41] Pauline Darkfury: So, Hamster Care & Feeding 101 ;)
  • [2011/08/11 15:41] Oskar Linden: more or less
  • [2011/08/11 15:41] Coyot Linden: as well as database upgrades
  • [2011/08/11 15:41] Coyot Linden: That's pretty much it
  • [2011/08/11 15:42] Kadah Coba: Database upgrades = adding more hamster tubes
  • [2011/08/11 15:42] Oskar Linden: it was a good class
  • [2011/08/11 15:42] Coyot Linden: heh
  • [2011/08/11 15:42] Coyot Linden: thanks, oskar
  • [2011/08/11 15:42] Oskar Linden: we're trying to take some of the strain out of our schedule
  • [2011/08/11 15:42] Oskar Linden: the hours between merge and release are too few to get in adequate QA
  • [2011/08/11 15:43] Coyot Linden: BRB
  • [2011/08/11 15:43] Oskar Linden: speaking of adequate QA, I will be on vacation next week!
  • [2011/08/11 15:43] Oskar Linden: all of it
  • [2011/08/11 15:43] Marigold Devin: noooooooo
  • [2011/08/11 15:43] Oskar Linden: every single day
  • [2011/08/11 15:43] Kadah Coba: Lucky
  • [2011/08/11 15:43] Oskar Linden: and I won't be checking my email
  • [2011/08/11 15:43] Rex Cronon: have fun
  • [2011/08/11 15:44] Latif Khalifa: Isn't the team that is developing a branch constantly merging from "trunk" ie. whatever is in production?
  • [2011/08/11 15:44] Fancy Greeter: Maestro Linden has arrived! (Or, returned?)
  • [2011/08/11 15:44] Oskar Linden: we are post-ponying next weeks UserGroup meeting
  • [2011/08/11 15:44] Oskar Linden: yes Latif
  • [2011/08/11 15:44] Manshy Moonstone: eny one from the support can help me ?
  • [2011/08/11 15:44] Oskar Linden: but trunk changes every Monday
  • [2011/08/11 15:44] Oskar Linden: Manshy this is not a support group meeting
  • [2011/08/11 15:44] Oskar Linden: I directed you to the website
  • [2011/08/11 15:45] Oskar Linden: we can't help you here
  • [2011/08/11 15:45] Oskar Linden: I'm sorry
  • [2011/08/11 15:45] Pauline Darkfury: https://support.secondlife.com/
  • [2011/08/11 15:45] Manshy Moonstone: OOOOOKEY DOOOOOKEY
  • [2011/08/11 15:45] Latif Khalifa: ah so got only couple of days to test RC after they merge in trunk, i see
  • [2011/08/11 15:45] Manshy Moonstone: .,i|ii|i,. • THANK YOU • .,i|ii|i,.
  • [2011/08/11 15:45] Manshy Moonstone: `'li||il'` `'li||il'
  • [2011/08/11 15:45] Oskar Linden: right Latif
  • [2011/08/11 15:45] Oskar Linden: and there are almost always some new issues with the merge
  • [2011/08/11 15:46] Oskar Linden: so trying to get the merges done earlier gives more time to find the issues
  • [2011/08/11 15:46] Oskar Linden: so next Thursday you can all take a break
  • [2011/08/11 15:46] Oskar Linden: no usergroup meeting
  • [2011/08/11 15:46] Oskar Linden: I'll update the wiki
  • [2011/08/11 15:47] Jacky Scharf: Is it better to roll out new RCs and trunks every 2 weeks? So you've got more time to find and fix issues. And you've got the same tome to develop new features und bugs.
  • [2011/08/11 15:47] Oskar Linden: coyot is out next week too :-)
  • [2011/08/11 15:47] Jacky Scharf: -tome +time
  • [2011/08/11 15:47] Oskar Linden: hard to say jacky
  • [2011/08/11 15:47] Oskar Linden: but it's a thought
  • [2011/08/11 15:47] Pauline Darkfury: weekly restarts are actually good for overall grid performance, I think
  • [2011/08/11 15:48] Marigold Devin: take a break? or break stuff?
  • [2011/08/11 15:48] Motor Loon: hehe in my experience, sims need more than weekly restart to stay healthy
  • [2011/08/11 15:49] Jacky Scharf: Pauline: Scheduled weekly restarts without any rollout after 1 week, that's all. ;-)
  • [2011/08/11 15:49] Flip Idlemind: So is there still an issue with the change your password, get your account updated thingy
  • [2011/08/11 15:49] Pauline Darkfury: Heavily loaded sims do sometimes need 2 or 3 restarts a week, but weekly is generally sufficient for light/medium load
  • [2011/08/11 15:49] Oskar Linden: I haven't had time to look into it again Flip[
  • [2011/08/11 15:49] Homeless: Quick question, I can't upload meshes to ADITI. I'm using an older account with payment info and passed the quiz. But I get the warning message that I can't upload. Why is this?
  • [2011/08/11 15:49] Oskar Linden: and I think Coyot has been too busy as well
  • [2011/08/11 15:49] Oskar Linden: I don't know homeless
  • [2011/08/11 15:50] Oskar Linden: ok we've got 10 minutes left
  • [2011/08/11 15:50] Homeless: I didn't get the message on AGNI
  • [2011/08/11 15:50] Rex Cronon: maybe u r in the wrong sim?
  • [2011/08/11 15:50] Oskar Linden: maestro anything upcoming you want to talk about?
  • [2011/08/11 15:50] Homeless: it was a mesh sandbox, the option to upload model was available
  • [2011/08/11 15:50] Jacky Scharf: New Feature: Preventing Mesh?
  • [2011/08/11 15:51] Jacky Scharf: .
  • [2011/08/11 15:51] Kadah Coba: Maestro, re svc-7060, I was trying to test it but the change you made was for attachments correct?
  • [2011/08/11 15:51] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-7060] Reliable message RevokePermissions does not revoke permissions on objects that have been granted PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7060
  • [2011/08/11 15:51] Maestro Linden: nah i don't have anything in particular
  • [2011/08/11 15:51] Acheron Gloom: What do you mean preventing mesh?
  • [2011/08/11 15:51] Oskar Linden: a joke I think
  • [2011/08/11 15:51] Acheron Gloom: Oh.
  • [2011/08/11 15:51] Acheron Gloom: :(
  • [2011/08/11 15:51] Acheron Gloom: My humor is broken apparently, I see the joke now.
  • [2011/08/11 15:51] Maestro Linden: I think the change should only apply to the root prims of attachments, kadah
  • [2011/08/11 15:52] Maestro Linden: but HUDs are attachemnts too
  • [2011/08/11 15:52] Flip Idlemind: Wait so you still can't revoke permissions from deformers that you sat on?
  • [2011/08/11 15:52] Jacky Scharf: Yus, it was a joke. ;-)
  • [2011/08/11 15:53] Kadah Coba: Ah ok, I thought so. I'll need to make some changes on the viewer to test that. Revoking from rez'd objects is working fine though.
  • [2011/08/11 15:53] Maestro Linden: from andrew's earlier comment: "If you call it on a child-prim of an attachment, or on any prim of an unattached object then it should work."
  • [2011/08/11 15:53] Kadah Coba: Yes flip as long as its still rezed and you have the UUID
  • [2011/08/11 15:53] Maestro Linden: so I guess that means seats as well
  • [2011/08/11 15:54] Kadah Coba: Phoenix and Firestorm are able to revoke those (optionally) on sit, stand and both.
  • [2011/08/11 15:54] Kadah Coba: Doing it for attachments that acquire your perms is the problem.
  • [2011/08/11 15:55] Kadah Coba: AFAIK, you cannot get the UUID of someone else's attachments
  • [2011/08/11 15:55] Kadah Coba: HUD attachments*
  • [2011/08/11 15:55] Jacky Scharf: You can't, because you can't see them.
  • [2011/08/11 15:55] Rex Cronon: so sombody can wear a deformer that has your anim perms and mess with u?
  • [2011/08/11 15:55] Pauline Darkfury: You can manually grab the UUID of visible attachments, I think, but not HUDs
  • [2011/08/11 15:56] Kadah Coba: Sit on the cube, I can demonstrate >_>
  • [2011/08/11 15:56] Rex Cronon: lol. don't click on anything. i might be unsafe:)
  • [2011/08/11 15:57] Rex Cronon: it might*
  • [2011/08/11 15:57] Maestro Linden: You should probably talk to Andrew if there are still problems with certain objects after the SVC-7060 fix, Kadah
  • [2011/08/11 15:57] Oskar Linden: does andrew still have his friday afternoon office hour?
  • [2011/08/11 15:57] Maestro Linden: yep
  • [2011/08/11 15:57] Kadah Coba: Kadah Coba has flips anim perms apparently
  • [2011/08/11 15:58] Rex Cronon: that think too talkative can't u use textabove?
  • [2011/08/11 15:58] Rex Cronon: that thing*
  • [2011/08/11 15:58] Pauline Darkfury: It's more useful to do stuff like that in chat, Rex, gives history, etc. At least for diagnostic tools
  • [2011/08/11 15:59] Kelly Linden: llOwnerSay is your friend, and ours.
  • [2011/08/11 15:59] Rex Cronon: sure. especially if u use ownersay:)
  • [2011/08/11 15:59] Draconis Neurocam: or regionsayto
  • [2011/08/11 15:59] Pauline Darkfury: Well, yeah, OwnerSay can be useful ;)
  • [2011/08/11 15:59] Kadah Coba: Maestro, the only issue I think thats left on svc-7060 is the one from VWR-13228
  • [2011/08/11 15:59] Flame of Jira: [#VWR-13228] Object can obtain and retain permissions indefinitely without avatar's knowledge and no way of knowing who took it - possible security issue https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-13228
  • [2011/08/11 16:00] Maestro Linden: oh, and that issue is difficult
  • [2011/08/11 16:00] Kadah Coba: Yeah
  • [2011/08/11 16:00] Pauline Darkfury: Yeah, that's a long standing issue that would be rather nice to fix eventually, but understand it's far from easy
  • [2011/08/11 16:00] Kadah Coba: Why cant all perms be cleared on take?
  • [2011/08/11 16:00] Maestro Linden: because there's a lot of legitemate content that relies on retaining permissions
  • [2011/08/11 16:00] Rex Cronon: i think u might be able to find who animates u:)
  • [2011/08/11 16:01] Pauline Darkfury: Biggest issue with it that I see is that you can't actually audit debit perms
  • [2011/08/11 16:01] Kadah Coba: The issues is with take in to inv
  • [2011/08/11 16:01] Latif Khalifa: Yes, *a lot* of content that uses it legit, and very few actual problems
  • [2011/08/11 16:01] Oskar Linden: well we have now hit 4 o'clock :-)
  • [2011/08/11 16:01] Kadah Coba: The viewer is able (with new code) to revoke on stand, as long as the object is still rezed
  • [2011/08/11 16:01] Marigold Devin: supper time :-))
  • [2011/08/11 16:01] Oskar Linden: you are all welcome to keep chatting but this linden needs to go get some coffee and sun
  • [2011/08/11 16:01] Jacky Scharf: Jacky Scharf .oO( Regarding to SLCC 2011: Is it possible to see one or more Linden at the "Rezzdays 2012" from June 1st to 3rd in Berlin, Germany? ) .
  • [2011/08/11 16:01] Oskar Linden: and MGD needs her din din
  • [2011/08/11 16:01] Fancy Greeter: Simon Linden has arrived! (Or, returned?)
  • [2011/08/11 16:01] Rex Cronon: tc oskar
  • [2011/08/11 16:02] Marigold Devin: Thanks for the time and info. Been good
  • [2011/08/11 16:02] Pauline Darkfury: perms should be auto-revoked if it's no longer rezzed?
  • [2011/08/11 16:02] Jacky Scharf: Hello Simon and thanx and tc Oskar
  • [2011/08/11 16:02] Lares Carter: thanks for the meeting
  • [2011/08/11 16:02] Pauline Darkfury: Thanks, Lindens :)
  • [2011/08/11 16:02] Latif Khalifa: thanks :)
  • [2011/08/11 16:02] Oskar Linden: have a good one. remember no meeting next week!