Difference between revisions of "Beta Server Office Hours/Minutes/2011-10-06"

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "Category:Beta Server Office Hours - Minutes This meeting was held on October 06th, 2011 == Agenda == * Oskar is back!! Also, this is the 99th Server Beta User Group meeting.…")
 
m (layout fix)
 
Line 526: Line 526:
 
* [15:59] Oskar Linden: thanks for coming
 
* [15:59] Oskar Linden: thanks for coming
 
* [15:59] Oskar Linden: next week is the big 100!!
 
* [15:59] Oskar Linden: next week is the big 100!!
[16:00] Nalates Urriah: Thx for an informative meeting
+
* [16:00] Nalates Urriah: Thx for an informative meeting
[16:00] Oskar LindenOskar Linden /dances
+
* [16:00] Oskar LindenOskar Linden /dances
[16:00] Talia Malaspina: Wheeeeeee!!
+
* [16:00] Talia Malaspina: Wheeeeeee!!
[16:00] Lucia Nightfire: lol, I asked two minutes before clock out, heh
+
* [16:00] Lucia Nightfire: lol, I asked two minutes before clock out, heh
[16:00] Rex Cronon: tc oskar. tc everybody
+
* [16:00] Rex Cronon: tc oskar. tc everybody
[16:00] Moundsa Mayo: Oskar and Maestro(and the others in absentia) - thanks for your time and all your hard work!
+
* [16:00] Moundsa Mayo: Oskar and Maestro(and the others in absentia) - thanks for your time and all your hard work!
[16:00] Rex Cronon: and have a nice day:)
+
* [16:00] Rex Cronon: and have a nice day:)
[16:00] Maestro Linden: thanks for coming, everybody!
+
* [16:00] Maestro Linden: thanks for coming, everybody!
[16:00] Talia Malaspina: I wonder whether that mesh question person got the help they wanted.
+
* [16:00] Talia Malaspina: I wonder whether that mesh question person got the help they wanted.
[16:01] Conover's Flight-Helper 6.3.3 (WEAR ME!): Flight-helper is ready and operational.
+
* [16:01] Conover's Flight-Helper 6.3.3 (WEAR ME!): Flight-helper is ready and operational.
[16:01] Lucia Nightfire: only an 8ball would know that one, heh
+
* [16:01] Lucia Nightfire: only an 8ball would know that one, heh
[16:01] Lares Carter: thanks for the meeting
+
* [16:01] Lares Carter: thanks for the meeting
[16:01] Oskar Linden: I don't know what you mean by ban ceiling lucia
+
* [16:01] Oskar Linden: I don't know what you mean by ban ceiling lucia
[16:01] TankMaster Finesmith: oh hey, my t-shirt and lazer pointer just arrived from LL
+
* [16:01] TankMaster Finesmith: oh hey, my t-shirt and lazer pointer just arrived from LL
[16:01] TankMaster Finesmith: :D
+
* [16:01] TankMaster Finesmith: :D
[16:01] Oskar Linden: don't burn your eye out
+
* [16:01] Oskar Linden: don't burn your eye out
[16:01] NielArcher: bye all
+
* [16:01] NielArcher: bye all
[16:01] TankMaster Finesmith: haha
+
* [16:01] TankMaster Finesmith: haha
[16:01] Talia Malaspina: Ow my eye!!!
+
* [16:01] Talia Malaspina: Ow my eye!!!
[16:01] Lucia Nightfire: Andrew said he was plannign on rasiing the ban ceiling from 800 meters to inf in an up and coming versoin
+
* [16:01] Lucia Nightfire: Andrew said he was plannign on rasiing the ban ceiling from 800 meters to inf in an up and coming versoin
[16:02] Oskar Linden: oh
+
* [16:02] Oskar Linden: oh
[16:02] TankMaster Finesmith: my cat will have fun tonight...
+
* [16:02] TankMaster Finesmith: my cat will have fun tonight...
[16:02] Oskar Linden: not sure about that
+
* [16:02] Oskar Linden: not sure about that
[16:02] Oskar Linden: you'll have to ask him
+
* [16:02] Oskar Linden: you'll have to ask him
[16:02] Talia Malaspina: Infinity?? So much for flying from my house to...freakin ANYWHERE!!!
+
* [16:02] Talia Malaspina: Infinity?? So much for flying from my house to...freakin ANYWHERE!!!
[16:02] Lucia Nightfire: I will, not sure if he relayed anythign to you guys
+
* [16:02] Lucia Nightfire: I will, not sure if he relayed anythign to you guys
[16:03] Lucia Nightfire: its only explicit bans that are covered
+
* [16:03] Lucia Nightfire: its only explicit bans that are covered
[16:03] Lucia Nightfire: not access or pass lists
+
* [16:03] Lucia Nightfire: not access or pass lists
[16:03] Motor Loon: someone gave Oskar coffee again eh?
+
* [16:03] Motor Loon: someone gave Oskar coffee again eh?
[16:03] Marigold Devin: mad little pony
+
* [16:03] Marigold Devin: mad little pony
[16:03] TankMaster Finesmith: ph damn, that thing is bright
+
* [16:03] TankMaster Finesmith: ph damn, that thing is bright
[16:03] Talia Malaspina: Oh, I see. ok. heehe You had me worried.
+
* [16:03] Talia Malaspina: Oh, I see. ok. heehe You had me worried.
[16:03] TankMaster Finesmith: and green, natually
+
* [16:03] TankMaster Finesmith: and green, natually
[16:03] Oskar Linden: kenyan coffee this morning
+
* [16:03] Oskar Linden: kenyan coffee this morning
[16:03] Oskar Linden: soooo goooood
+
* [16:03] Oskar Linden: soooo goooood
[16:03] Moundsa Mayo: You gonna need new shoes soon if you keep that up, Oskar!
+
* [16:03] Moundsa Mayo: You gonna need new shoes soon if you keep that up, Oskar!
[16:03] Oskar Linden: anyways
+
* [16:03] Oskar Linden: anyways
[16:03] Oskar Linden: great meeting thanks everyone!
+
* [16:03] Oskar Linden: great meeting thanks everyone!
[16:04] TankMaster Finesmith: i can blind myself just by shining it at a piece of white paper
+
* [16:04] TankMaster Finesmith: i can blind myself just by shining it at a piece of white paper

Latest revision as of 11:46, 7 October 2011

This meeting was held on October 06th, 2011

Agenda

  • Oskar is back!! Also, this is the 99th Server Beta User Group meeting. :-o That means after next week I will have spent a minimum of 100 hours with you. Don't you feel special? :-)

Updates

  • TIMEWARP upgrades in place.
  • RC Channel Re-Balancing
  • LeTigre RC Channel
  • Agent inventory updates

Upcoming Stuff

  • Story time with Uncle Falcon.

Interesting Stuff


Transcript

Transcript of Oskar Linden's Beta Server Office Hour for October 06th, 2011:

  • [15:00] Fancy Greeter: Oskar Linden has arrived!
  • [15:00] Marigold Devin: And you should all bow in *my* presence (hahaha)
  • [15:00] Marigold Devin: OSKAR!!!
  • [15:00] Moundsa Mayo: Umm, think I'll bow to Oskar instead
  • [15:00] Marigold Devin: Hi Oskar, hope you are well.
  • [15:00] Lares Carter: Heya Oskar.
  • [15:00] Latif Khalifa: hey oskar
  • [15:01] Marigold Devin: I was only joking, Moundsa, I got no real right being here among you clever folks /me wipes nose on back of sleeve
  • [15:01] Oskar Linden: Ladies and Gentlemen
  • [15:01] Oskar Linden: Prims and Meshes
  • [15:01] Oskar Linden: Your host for this meeting, Oskar Linden, has arrived
  • [15:01] Moundsa Mayo: YAY!!
  • [15:01] Marigold Devin: Bonjour, hallo, wilkommen
  • [15:01] Oskar Linden: how is everyone?
  • [15:01] Gooden Uggla: .-'`'-. APPLAUSE APPLAUSE .-'`'-.
  • [15:01] Moundsa Mayo: Well, since you ask ... no, NM.
  • [15:02] Marigold Devin: We all tried to keep your throne warm last week. How are you, Oskar?
  • [15:02] Talia Malaspina: I'm told I'm fantastic!
  • [15:02] Oskar Linden: Been a rough one
  • [15:02] Marigold Devin: Ha, nice answer, Talia
  • [15:02] Oskar Linden: I have not taken 3 sick days in a row in... maybe ever
  • [15:02] Oskar Linden: you are fantastic Talia
  • [15:02] Talia Malaspina: Wheeeeeee!!
  • [15:02] Oskar Linden: now if only you had a pink hardhat
  • [15:02] Talia Malaspina: Thank you! :)
  • [15:02] Oskar Linden: oh...
  • [15:02] Oskar Linden: wait
  • [15:02] Talia Malaspina: heehe!
  • [15:03] Oskar Linden: I feel much better now
  • [15:03] Oskar Linden: I just needed some rest
  • [15:03] Oskar Linden: how has the week been for everyone ?
  • [15:03] Marigold Devin: I been bunking off to Burn2
  • [15:03] Homeless: busy
  • [15:03] Talia Malaspina: My week has been very good.
  • [15:03] Marigold Devin: RL been busy
  • [15:03] Kadah Coba: Ridiculously busy :(
  • [15:03] Fancy Greeter: Maestro Linden has arrived!
  • [15:04] Oskar Linden: I should take my pony over to burn2
  • [15:04] TankMaster Finesmith: been good, got mesh upload in firestorm working :P
  • [15:04] Talia Malaspina: I'm disappointed in the Rage PC reviews. But ohwell.
  • [15:04] Latif Khalifa: heya maestro :)
  • [15:04] Oskar Linden: get some prancing on
  • [15:04] Maestro Linden: Hi guys
  • [15:04] WolfPup Lowenhar: hey oskar
  • [15:04] TankMaster Finesmith: welcome Mæstro
  • [15:04] Talia MalaspinaTalia Malaspina eeps.
  • [15:04] Oskar Linden: sorry about that Talias
  • [15:04] Oskar Linden: -s
  • [15:04] Marigold DevinMarigold Devin waves hi to Maestro
  • [15:04] Oskar Linden: try Frozen Synapse
  • [15:04] Talia Malaspina: Gimme a FS that will upload mesh!! I wannit I wannit!!
  • [15:04] Moundsa Mayo: Hi, maestro!
  • [15:04] WolfPup Lowenhar: hey maestro
  • [15:04] Oskar Linden: Frozen Synapse is pretty awesome
  • [15:04] Oskar Linden: imho
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: it's like a turned based tactical call of duty :-p
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: very addictive though
  • [15:05] Rex Cronon: hello everybody
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: alrighty then
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: let's get this meeting started
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta_Server_Office_Hours
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: I counted up this week
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: as far as I can tell this is my 99th office hour
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: slash usergroup
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: that's huge
  • [15:06] TankMaster Finesmith: woot woot
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: next week we should do something special
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: for the bog 100
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: big
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: any ideas?
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: dance party?
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: Pony Graze-a-thon
  • [15:06] Abby Normal (talia.malaspina) is now known as Talia Malaspina.
  • [15:06] Marigold Devin: Fancy dress haha !
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: building contest?
  • [15:06] Homeless: sin-crashing contest?
  • [15:06] Fancy Greeter: Falcon Linden has arrived!
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: everyone gets one hour to build something new and cool from scratch
  • [15:06] Rex Cronon: lets wait for the 1000th office hour:)
  • [15:06] Talia Malaspina: Free Lindens on the main grid!
  • [15:07] Marigold Devin: YESSS Homeless, I like that
  • [15:07] Homeless: *sim
  • [15:07] Homeless: lol
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: 100 is pretty good
  • [15:07] Kadah Coba: Crash the whole grid and take the weekend off.
  • [15:07] Gooden UgglaGooden Uggla votes for J's and stripper poles
  • [15:07] Gooden Uggla: DJ's*
  • [15:07] Kadah Coba: :V
  • [15:07] Nalates Urriah: 100 is impressive
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: 1000 won't happen for like 8 more years
  • [15:07] Moundsa Mayo: Allo Falcon!
  • [15:07] Rex Cronon: free beer and pizza:)
  • [15:07] TankMaster Finesmith: how about everyone that shows up gets 1 million linden on the beta grid? :P
  • [15:07] Talia Malaspina: Wheeeeeee!!
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: Falcon I put you on at the end of the agenda
  • [15:07] Falcon Linden: Hey folks
  • [15:07] Rex Cronon: hi
  • [15:07] WolfPup Lowenhar: that sounds good
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: you didn't give me a time estimate
  • [15:08] Falcon Linden: short
  • [15:08] Falcon Linden: very short
  • [15:08] Talia Malaspina: With a million lindens on the beta grid...I can finally get my mother that Beta Surgery!
  • [15:08] Oskar Linden: how long is your interpretive dance going to take?
  • [15:08] TankMaster Finesmith: welcome Falcon
  • [15:08] Falcon Linden: I'll be actively refusing to answer many questions, so...short :)
  • [15:08] Oskar Linden: that's no fun
  • [15:08] Falcon Linden: I know!
  • [15:08] Oskar Linden: you should come back at 3:50 to answer questions
  • [15:08] Falcon Linden: Well, it's kind of fun for me.
  • [15:08] Nalates Urriah: He is preacticing his teasing skills
  • [15:08] Oskar Linden: alright falcon
  • [15:08] Marigold Devin: aye tease tease
  • [15:08] Falcon Linden: I'll take that as a "go ahead and blab"
  • [15:08] Oskar Linden: go for it
  • [15:08] Fancy Greeter: Coyot Linden has arrived!
  • [15:08] Oskar Linden: what have you got
  • [15:09] Falcon Linden: So, folks, last week I told you about Havok 2011.2
  • [15:09] Moundsa Mayo: Hi, Coyot!
  • [15:09] Falcon Linden: As of today, keyframing is included in that branch (now known as DRTSIM-105) which is on several Aditi regions
  • [15:09] Coyot Linden: Hi, Mayo
  • [15:09] Marigold DevinMarigold Devin pets the cat and the pony
  • [15:09] Falcon Linden: including Chief, Ahern, De Haro, Immaculate, Kapor, Rosedale, Sandbox - Bispinor, Sandbox - Weapons testing, SkyBeam, and Turing Isle
  • [15:10] Falcon Linden: You all asked why you should care about a release with no real changes (not counting the keyframing bit)
  • [15:10] Moundsa Mayo: Ah, cool!
  • [15:10] Nalates Urriah: So, keyframing and Havok are on the smae sims?
  • [15:10] Falcon Linden: yes
  • [15:10] Oskar Linden: havokframing
  • [15:10] Talia Malaspina: Keyvokking
  • [15:10] Homeless: framinghavok
  • [15:10] Falcon Linden: Now that Rod has made a public announcement, I can tell you that the reason for 2011.2 is as a prerequesite to the pathfinding project he mentioned.
  • [15:11] Oskar Linden: my mother hopes I'll find my path
  • [15:11] Oskar Linden: maybe this will help
  • [15:11] Falcon Linden: Me too, oskar, me too
  • [15:11] Coyot Linden: Are you writing an IW GPS, Falcon?
  • [15:11] TankMaster Finesmith: havockeying
  • [15:11] Falcon Linden: Coyot: Writing? Not at all. I'm launching IW GPS satellites made of prim electronics
  • [15:12] Oskar Linden: the finest linden prims
  • [15:12] Falcon Linden: actually, they just constantly call llRegionSay on all regions with the distance to that region from that satellite...
  • [15:12] Moundsa Mayo: Finally, SLelectronics!
  • [15:12] Falcon Linden: Anyhow, please go and test the Havok 2011.2 sims. Note a couple of things:
  • [15:12] Rex Cronon: keyframing seems more like a tank going to a field of shards of glass:)
  • [15:12] Oskar Linden: not right now though! after the meeting
  • [15:12] Rex Cronon: going through*
  • [15:13] Falcon Linden: 1) The rules are basically the same as for the Havok 2010 upgrade (https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Havok_2k10_Beta_Home)
  • [15:13] Falcon Linden: except there are no changes
  • [15:13] Falcon Linden: and no mesh related business
  • [15:13] NielArcher: Do any of those sims have longer than autoreturn set longer than 15 mins?
  • [15:14] Falcon Linden: no idea. Talk to oskar about getting good building areas :)
  • [15:14] Oskar Linden: :-p
  • [15:14] Lares Carter: SkyBeam should be on 3hour auto return
  • [15:14] Oskar Linden: maybe I can run over there after the meeting
  • [15:14] Falcon Linden: 2) I'm aware of a problem with the llSetKeyframedMotion (note the name change) relating to what happens when you select it while the animation is paused
  • [15:14] Oskar Linden: remind me neil
  • [15:14] Oskar Linden: k?
  • [15:14] Falcon Linden: That bug is really a problem with our selection code and won't be fixed for this release.
  • [15:14] NielArcher: will do Oskar
  • [15:14] Falcon Linden: Other than that, I believe it now works more or less as expected.
  • [15:15] Oskar Linden: which expectations falcon?
  • [15:15] Falcon Linden: it's described fairly well on the pwiki
  • [15:15] Falcon Linden: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetKeyframedMotion
  • [15:15] Oskar Linden: alright
  • [15:15] arton Rotaru: how about calling llSetKeyframeAnimation([], []); crashes the sim?
  • [15:15] Oskar Linden: there you have it ladies and gentlemen
  • [15:15] Falcon Linden: arton: fixed :)
  • [15:16] Falcon Linden: very very fixed
  • [15:16] Latif Khalifa: motion is much better than animation
  • [15:16] arton Rotaru: cool!
  • [15:16] Oskar Linden: marching orders from the falcon himself
  • [15:16] Latif Khalifa: good rename
  • [15:16] Falcon Linden: thanks, I did it for you all
  • [15:16] Oskar LindenOskar Linden watches wistfully as Falcon flies back to his nest
  • [15:16] Falcon Linden: Thanks folks!
  • [15:16] Oskar Linden: What a guy!
  • [15:16] Talia Malaspina: What a bird!
  • [15:16] Nalates Urriah: awww How sweet
  • [15:16] Oskar Linden: We'll smoke him a kipper. he'll be back for breakfast
  • [15:16] Talia Malaspina: nom nom
  • [15:16] Coyot Linden: How would you like a nice Hawaiian, I mean Falcon, punch?
  • [15:16] Homeless: doesn't he prefer his food live?
  • [15:17] Oskar Linden: alright enough distractions!
  • [15:17] Oskar Linden: back to me! :-D
  • [15:17] Coyot Linden: LOOK SHINY ------------>
  • [15:17] Moundsa Mayo: I'd smoke kippers a lot more often if they weren't so hard to light.
  • [15:17] Marigold Devin: hahaha
  • [15:17] Oskar Linden: so we've been doing the TIMEWARP server updates this week
  • [15:17] NielArcher: Oskar, been watching too much Red Dwarf
  • [15:17] Marigold Devin: They're making some new Red Dwarf
  • [15:17] Oskar Linden: Coyot any word on that?
  • [15:17] Oskar LindenOskar Linden loves Red Dwarf
  • [15:17] TankMaster Finesmith: red dwarf rocks :P
  • [15:18] NielArcher: Oskar, they're making a new series at the moment ;-)
  • [15:18] Oskar Linden: Coyot?
  • [15:18] Oskar Linden: hmm
  • [15:18] Oskar Linden: must have died with laughter
  • [15:18] Oskar Linden: from all the puns
  • [15:18] TankMaster Finesmith: i think he got distracted by a ball
  • [15:18] Marigold Devin: Its watching you lot squashed into that tub there.
  • [15:18] Oskar Linden: ball!
  • [15:18] Oskar Linden: anyways
  • [15:18] Oskar Linden: ok
  • [15:19] Oskar Linden: well we've been upgrading the sims in small batches
  • [15:19] Coyot Linden: sorry, distracted
  • [15:19] Kadah Coba: Coyot is likely trying to smoke some kippers, but they keep slipping out of the bowl.
  • [15:19] Coyot Linden: by Kellz
  • [15:19] Oskar Linden: it requires reimaging
  • [15:19] TankMaster Finesmith: hehe
  • [15:19] Oskar Linden: and is time consuming
  • [15:19] Oskar Linden: what percentage are we done coyot?
  • [15:19] Oskar Linden: it's going to be a couple more weeks
  • [15:19] Coyot Linden: only a few racks
  • [15:19] Kadah Coba: 0.000001%
  • [15:20] Coyot Linden: Kadah isn't that far off
  • [15:20] TankMaster Finesmith: slow and steady...
  • [15:20] Kadah Coba: Reimaging sucks
  • [15:20] Motor Loon: going smooth or troubles?
  • [15:20] Oskar Linden: there is no external way to know if your region has been upgraded or not
  • [15:20] Coyot Linden: maybe 3-4 dozen hosts?
  • [15:20] Kadah CobaKadah Coba is glad he doesnt do that any mor
  • [15:20] Oskar Linden: I think it's going smooth
  • [15:20] Oskar Linden: but I've been out sick
  • [15:20] Coyot Linden: pretty smooth. There was a config issue with a missing kernel module
  • [15:20] Coyot Linden: but that's fixed now
  • [15:21] TankMaster Finesmith: opps
  • [15:21] Pauline Darkfury: Hmmm, so 40-ish done, out of 5000+? I guess "at least a week" is maybe closer to "by the end of the year", unless you're expecting the rate to increase with experience
  • [15:21] Coyot Linden: BTW, since our ossm ops team is doing this
  • [15:21] Kadah Coba: How manyish sim hosts are there anyway? :o
  • [15:21] Oskar Linden: we cloned some ops guys
  • [15:21] Coyot Linden: they are going by rack, not by channel
  • [15:22] Rex Cronon: hope u r better now. right oskar?
  • [15:22] Oskar Linden: but sadly they got decrimentally intelligent
  • [15:22] Coyot Linden: so don't assume that one BlueSteel fixed host means they all are.
  • [15:22] Master Huldschinsky: so with kwy motion thing you could maKE SOMETHING THAT FOLLOWS YOU LIKE A PRIM PET?
  • [15:22] Master Huldschinsky: *KEY
  • [15:22] Oskar Linden: while you are here coyot
  • [15:22] Oskar Linden: tell us about the RC restructuring
  • [15:22] Coyot Linden: Pauline, no. They are starting slow to make sure there are no problems and then they will speed up
  • [15:23] Coyot Linden: So, as you may recall
  • [15:23] Coyot Linden: Kelly had some homestead performance
  • [15:23] Coyot Linden: testing to do .
  • [15:23] Pauline Darkfury: Ok, ramping up slowly is a good plan by my reckoning
  • [15:23] Coyot Linden: To do this, we moved almost all of the homesteads into Magnum
  • [15:24] Coyot Linden: Well that testings is done and that DRTSIM released a long time ago
  • [15:24] Coyot Linden: So it was time to send everyone home
  • [15:24] Coyot Linden: On Monday I did three rolls to take all those
  • [15:24] Coyot Linden: homesteads out of Magnum (except 100 hosts or so)
  • [15:25] Coyot Linden: and put 25 hosts in BS and LT
  • [15:25] Coyot Linden: and the rest back to main grid
  • [15:25] Coyot Linden: Magnum is now back to its former size.
  • [15:25] Coyot Linden: <EOF>
  • [15:26] Oskar Linden: thanks coyot
  • [15:26] TankMaster Finesmith: end of fudge
  • [15:26] Oskar Linden: main channel got LeTigre this week
  • [15:26] Gooden Uggla: did you take out the homesteads that were on magnum voluntarily?
  • [15:26] Coyot Linden: what?
  • [15:26] Oskar Linden: that was a maint-server
  • [15:26] Coyot Linden: ah
  • [15:27] arton Rotaru: yEAH! LeTigre :)
  • [15:27] Oskar Linden: what do you mean gooden?
  • [15:27] Pauline Darkfury: It's got a new product-breaking thing, unfortunately. llMinimumEventDelay is busted :(
  • [15:27] Master Huldschinsky: so with kwy motion thing you could maKE SOMETHING THAT FOLLOWS YOU LIKE A PRIM PET?
  • [15:27] Master Huldschinsky: *KEY
  • [15:27] Gooden Uggla: i had a homestead (with the wave) on magnum previoud
  • [15:27] Gooden Uggla: previiously to kelly's test
  • [15:28] Oskar Linden: and now it's on something else?
  • [15:28] Coyot Linden: Gooden, if it got moved to the wrong place, let us know
  • [15:28] Gooden Uggla: ok
  • [15:28] Coyot Linden: and I'll make sureit gets moved back
  • [15:28] Oskar Linden: coyot will make a new channel for you
  • [15:28] Oskar Linden: Second Life Gooden
  • [15:28] Gooden Uggla: depends o0n which channel needs homesteads, i suppose
  • [15:28] NielArcher: MAster, you could but there are easier ways to do it
  • [15:28] Pauline Darkfury: SVC-7343
  • [15:28] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-7343] llMinEventDelay Bug https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7343
  • [15:28] Coyot Linden: survey says... XXX
  • [15:28] Oskar Linden: while he's at it... Channels for everybody!!!
  • [15:29] Oskar Linden: :-)
  • [15:29] Gooden Uggla: `*`WooT`*`
  • [15:29] TankMaster Finesmith: yeah!
  • [15:29] Talia Malaspina: I'd like a Chocolate Peanut Butter Channel, please!
  • [15:29] TankMaster Finesmith: and channels for each listed TPV, right? :D
  • [15:29] Oskar Linden: pauline is that jira on main channel?
  • [15:29] WolfPup Lowenhar: how about a private sime here on aditi for all the attendies :p
  • [15:29] Pauline Darkfury: I'm just editing it now to refelect that it now hits main
  • [15:29] Gooden Uggla: the Gooden channel for the testing of beer and surf and dance poles... i like it!
  • [15:30] Oskar Linden: thanks Pauline
  • [15:31] Pauline Darkfury: It's product breaking due to people using it as a rate limit on control events (to reduce lag), and assuming the rate limit will actually be enforced (not an unreasonable assumption)
  • [15:31] Oskar Linden: maestro any word on that jira?
  • [15:31] TankMaster Finesmith: actually it might not be a bad idea to have a region on the beta grid for viewer development....
  • [15:31] Homeless: hmmm would need a homeless channel too
  • [15:32] TankMaster Finesmith: haha
  • [15:32] Oskar Linden: maestro must be multi tasking again
  • [15:32] Maestro Linden: sorry guys, yes!
  • [15:32] Coyot Linden: if you had a channel, you wouldn't be homeless
  • [15:32] Pauline Darkfury: Maestro has confirmed the bug
  • [15:32] Pauline Darkfury: It's assigned to WorkingOnIt
  • [15:32] Maestro Linden: yeah.
  • [15:32] Homeless: but I would be a resident!
  • [15:32] TankMaster Finesmith: thats like old skool multi tasking, where the processor works on one tack at a time for a whort while before switching to a different task, right? :D
  • [15:33] Coyot Linden: sorry, what?
  • [15:33] Coyot Linden: I was distracted. ;)
  • [15:33] Maestro Linden: no word on that jira yet, but it is known. I think they'll try to fix it in the next maint-server
  • [15:33] Maestro Linden: next future maint server.. not the one for next week
  • [15:34] ciganito111 Babii: hi everyone
  • [15:34] ciganito111 Babii: i have a question regarding the mesh
  • [15:34] ciganito111 Babii: can enyone help me please
  • [15:34] TankMaster Finesmith: in 26 min
  • [15:34] Rex Cronon: hi
  • [15:35] Oskar Linden: ciganito there is a mesh user group
  • [15:35] Oskar Linden: this is for server bugs
  • [15:35] Oskar Linden: can someone get ciganito the link
  • [15:35] ciganito111 Babii: jum ok
  • [15:35] ciganito111 Babii: sorry
  • [15:35] Oskar Linden: when the meeting is over you can ask your question
  • [15:35] Oskar Linden: someone might know the answer
  • [15:35] ciganito111 Babii: ok
  • [15:35] Oskar Linden: so next up
  • [15:35] Talia Malaspina: Just be prepared for someone there to answer your questiions by telling you to "go to college".
  • [15:35] Oskar Linden: BlueSteel
  • [15:36] Oskar Linden: and the faster scripts project
  • [15:36] Oskar Linden: this will more than likely get the nod for next week
  • [15:36] Coyot LindenCoyot Linden nods
  • [15:36] Oskar Linden: unless you all find some awesome bug
  • [15:36] Gooden Uggla: Talia... server group just asks that you type :)
  • [15:36] Oskar Linden: it will get rolled out Tuesday morning
  • [15:36] Gooden Uggla: *wink*
  • [15:37] Homeless: I found a 4 inch long praying mantis yesterday
  • [15:37] Gooden Uggla: oops, gotta go test somoe games then
  • [15:38] Pauline Darkfury: Any idea of timescale for OBJECT_PRIM_EQUIVALENCE going live again? Kelly said DRTSIM-98, I think, but didn't give an expected time for it to hit RC
  • [15:38] Talia Malaspina: Was it praying the big giant hairy bipedal monster wouldn't kill it?
  • [15:38] arton Rotaru: OBJECT_PRIM_EQUIVALENCE, vector size would be cooler ^^
  • [15:39] Maestro Linden: DRTSIM-98 is the one that I'm working on now. It'll probably hit RC next weeek
  • [15:39] Lucia Nightfire: PE listings by owner on teh prim owners list as an option would also be cool, heh
  • [15:39] Pauline Darkfury: cool
  • [15:39] Homeless: very possible. his prayer was answered you'll be happy to hear
  • [15:39] Pauline Darkfury: The owners list already gives PE
  • [15:40] Lucia Nightfire: yeah, I meantavctual prims sorry
  • [15:40] Pauline Darkfury: All the parcel count stuff uses PE, has done since release
  • [15:40] Talia Malaspina: llEmptyBladder();
  • [15:40] Oskar Linden: maestro I don't really know a lot about the code on LeTigre
  • [15:40] Oskar Linden: what can you tell us?
  • [15:40] Maestro Linden: letigre is...
  • [15:40] Oskar Linden: the AIS code
  • [15:41] Pauline Darkfury: Hmm, not sure what you're suggesting, tbh, Lucia. As a landowner & manager, I don't care much about how the number is reached, only what the usage is in terms of 1/15,000, which is what we've got today
  • [15:41] Maestro Linden: ah right, inventory updates
  • [15:41] Maestro Linden: sims on letigre are using a newer inventory configuration
  • [15:41] Maestro Linden: which uses a different backend service
  • [15:41] Maestro Linden: which should be faster
  • [15:41] Maestro Linden: but you need a new enough viewer to take advantage of it (2.5.1 or above, or the equivalent with a TPV)
  • [15:41] Oskar LindenOskar Linden checks his vwr version....
  • [15:42] Oskar Linden: yup LL Internal 5.1
  • [15:42] TankMaster Finesmith: 5.1!!! :O
  • [15:42] TankMaster Finesmith: hehe
  • [15:42] NielArcher: wow several years ahead of us then
  • [15:42] Oskar Linden: we eat our dogfood FROM THE FUTURE
  • [15:42] Coyot Linden: my viewer version is e^(2*pi*i)
  • [15:42] Oskar Linden: alrighty then
  • [15:42] Oskar Linden: LeTigre is the one to watch this week then
  • [15:43] Oskar Linden: Magnum is more of the same
  • [15:43] Oskar Linden: poor Magnum
  • [15:43] Talia Malaspina: Crouching LeTigre, Hidden Magnum.
  • [15:43] Oskar Linden: you'll ship someday buddy
  • [15:43] Lucia Nightfire: I was referring to how anyone can mate a 1 PE prim to a regular totured prim and create a combined PE of 10000+, heh, like to those totals reflected as an option ont eh prim owners list, granted not high enough priority to warrant bringing such an option soon
  • [15:44] Nalates Urriah: Does SL lose much inventory now? Will the change reduce loss?
  • [15:44] Oskar Linden: I have no idea about inv loss
  • [15:44] Oskar Linden: or how we would record that as a metric
  • [15:45] Nalates Urriah: I suppose support tickets. But I have no clue how one would sprate real and apparent loss.
  • [15:45] Nalates Urriah: separate^
  • [15:45] Oskar Linden: and for every one support ticket 50 more are duplicated
  • [15:45] Marigold Devin: "apparent", is most cases I think
  • [15:45] Oskar Linden: :-p
  • [15:45] Oskar Linden: finding usable metrics from support tickets is also hard
  • [15:45] Nalates Urriah: I can beleive that. Thz
  • [15:45] Oskar Linden: a lot of issues are hidden from how they are perceived
  • [15:46] Oskar Linden: like the TIMEWARP issues
  • [15:46] Oskar Linden: those looked like server crashes
  • [15:46] Oskar Linden: but were really just the OS hanging so long the vwrs disconnected
  • [15:46] Latif Khalifa: so the kernel upgrade is a confirmed fix?
  • [15:46] Kadah Coba: Crashes wouldnt take as long to recover
  • [15:46] Oskar Linden: and looked like the server crash
  • [15:46] Oskar Linden: seems to be so far latif
  • [15:46] Pauline Darkfury: Mmm, I'd think the problem with recording cases of inv loss on the server side, is that if you could detect it to record the loss, the loss wouldn't actually happen in the first place (i.e. it would detect, then avoid)
  • [15:46] Oskar Linden: time will tell for sure
  • [15:46] Latif Khalifa: cool
  • [15:47] TankMaster Finesmith: whats the longest update seen so far for a host?
  • [15:47] Oskar Linden: how do you mean?
  • [15:47] TankMaster Finesmith: uptime*
  • [15:47] Maestro Linden: Latif, we won't be sure either way until we have a good number of Agni regions running on it for a while
  • [15:47] Talia Malaspina: 12 inches, and it hurt.
  • [15:47] Latif Khalifa: timewarp was only affecting class 7 hardware?
  • [15:47] Oskar Linden: :-(
  • [15:47] Maestro Linden: no, I'm pretty sure it affected any type
  • [15:47] Flip Idlemind: So I discovered, shockingly, that I'm unable to edit a full-perm script (but created by someone else) inside a full-perm attachment (created by me). This is something that's known?
  • [15:47] Pauline Darkfury: Andrew gave some uptime info last Friday, the longest running hosts were over 500 days uptime
  • [15:48] Oskar Linden: we started investigating the TIMEWARP stuff probably this time last year
  • [15:48] Oskar Linden: that's when we began noticing it and tracking it as not a sim crash
  • [15:48] Latif Khalifa: i've seen it on RC sandboxes, but never saw it on my regions
  • [15:48] Oskar Linden: it wasn't until about March or so that we felt we had narrowed it to the OS
  • [15:48] Oskar Linden: we thought it was hardware related for a long time
  • [15:48] Oskar Linden: or even in the network cards
  • [15:49] Oskar Linden: it's been an intensely frustrating thing to debug
  • [15:49] Latif Khalifa: i can imagine
  • [15:49] Latif Khalifa: non-reproducable bugs need to be banned :P
  • [15:49] Talia Malaspina: It's Sea Hags flying overhead. They come in from the sea to feed and cause all kinds of electronic disutrbances.
  • [15:50] Talia Malaspina: *disturbances too.
  • [15:50] Oskar Linden: so now... once we rule out the OS as the culprit we can go back to putting the blame on our code
  • [15:50] Latif Khalifa: by a geneva convention or something ;)
  • [15:50] Oskar Linden: :-p
  • [15:50] Lucia Nightfire: Is the solution for SVC-7289 going to be implemented soon?
  • [15:50] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-7289] llCastRay() returns RCERR_CAST_TIME_EXCEEDED on small parcels. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7289
  • [15:50] Coyot Linden: We've decided it is just easier to shut down the grid.
  • [15:50] Coyot Linden: j/k
  • [15:50] Oskar Linden: I don't know Lucia
  • [15:50] Oskar Linden: this is the Rodvik blog post if anyone hadn't read it yet: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/CEO-Rodvik-Humble-Shares-What-s-New-in-Second-Life/ba-p/1143239
  • [15:50] Maestro Linden: That's in that DRTSIM-98 project. Well, we're messing with the llCastRay() settings
  • [15:51] Latif KhalifaLatif Khalifa remembers offline wednesdays :P
  • [15:51] Motor Loon: Good to hear from the 'ol chap again
  • [15:51] Flip Idlemind: SVC-7321 might be related to the thing I mentioned, but I'm not sure
  • [15:51] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-7321] llRemoteLoadScriptPin() and llGiveInventory() do not allow injection of an O:VMCT item into an O:PERM_ALL worn attachment https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7321
  • [15:51] Maestro Linden: following the changes, the minimum parcel size needed to do llCastRay() (excluding attachments and vehicles of course) will be 496m^2
  • [15:51] Maestro Linden: rather than.. 992m^2?
  • [15:51] Latif Khalifa: this was the login screen http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2007/12/bang_on_things.jpg
  • [15:51] Kadah Coba: Rod vik needs to lay off the header style for body text :o
  • [15:51] Maestro Linden: that's only in full regions though. In a homestead, the minimum will be more like 2100m^2, because they have very little available script time
  • [15:51] TankMaster Finesmith: ^
  • [15:52] Lucia Nightfire: so negative pool time as a limit isn't goign to be the option used I take it
  • [15:52] Oskar Linden: he probably didn't edit it himself
  • [15:52] Coyot Linden: Oskar, I need to have a chat with someone... do you still need me?
  • [15:52] Oskar Linden: no coyot
  • [15:52] Oskar Linden: you may leave
  • [15:52] Motor Loon: What do you think about the current plans by residents to hire Karl Stiefvater to make us a decent mesh clothes deformer?
  • [15:52] Oskar Linden: put your dishes in the sink
  • [15:52] Maestro Linden: Yeah, I verified that that isn't the case, Lucia
  • [15:52] TankMaster Finesmith: tc cyot
  • [15:52] Coyot Linden: okay, cya all
  • [15:52] Latif Khalifa: dismissed! :P
  • [15:52] Oskar Linden: and give your grammy a kiss
  • [15:52] Coyot Linden: have a good week
  • [15:53] TankMaster Finesmith: have a good weekend
  • [15:53] Latif Khalifa: you too, take care Coyot :)
  • [15:53] Oskar Linden: cya coyot
  • [15:53] Marigold Devin: Coyot sings - will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64
  • [15:53] Rex Cronon: tc
  • [15:53] Oskar Linden: ok 7 minutes left and the lindens are dropping like flies
  • [15:53] Flip Idlemind: I discovered that if you're on a vehicle that uses llCastRay, and you move on to a small parcel, and then move on the a much larger parcel, the available time stays the same as when you were on the small parcel
  • [15:53] Flip Idlemind: I think that's what's happening at least
  • [15:53] Flip Idlemind: Is that also known?
  • [15:53] Oskar Linden: not to me
  • [15:53] Lucia Nightfire: thats SVC-7290 flip
  • [15:53] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-7290] llCastRay() used in a rezzed object continues to subtract cast time from the parcel time pool instead of the agent time pool after an agent sits on it and will continue until it has changed parcels. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7290
  • [15:53] Maestro Linden: Flip, that's expected
  • [15:53] Lucia Nightfire: they won't fix that one, heh
  • [15:54] Oskar Linden: yay
  • [15:54] Maestro Linden: attachments and vehicles use an avatar's resource pool
  • [15:54] Maestro Linden: and really that's all an avatar's resource pool is for
  • [15:54] Maestro Linden: a 'vehicle' is an object that you were sitting on that crossed a parcel
  • [15:54] Maestro Linden: so a static sofa will use the parcel pool, but a flying sofa will use your avatar's pool, in most cases
  • [15:55] Maestro Linden: well, I guess that won't be the case if the region is just 1 huge isolated parcel
  • [15:55] Rex Cronon: how big is the avatars pool?
  • [15:55] Lucia Nightfire: 50us atm
  • [15:55] NielArcher: I want an olympic sized pool ;-)
  • [15:55] Oskar Linden: it's liek those inflatabe summer ones
  • [15:55] Maestro Linden: that's being changed to 200µs
  • [15:55] arton Rotaru: oh nice
  • [15:56] Flip Idlemind: But if the vehicle I'm on uses my "avatar pool", then shouldn't the available time not change when I change parcels?
  • [15:56] Homeless: I guess that means it spings leaks
  • [15:56] Rex Cronon: i hope we never get: pool is closed. due to a...
  • [15:56] Rex Cronon: :)
  • [15:56] Oskar Linden: code brown
  • [15:56] Homeless: *springs
  • [15:56] Talia Malaspina: "Welcome to my ool...Notice there is no P in it? Please keep it that way!"
  • [15:57] Maestro Linden: it wasn't a 'vehicle' until you visited another parcel while sitting on it
  • [15:57] Maestro Linden: accoridng to how script/URL/castray resources work
  • [15:57] Flip Idlemind: So if I sit on an object and drive it around 1 parcel, it's not a "vehicle"?
  • [15:58] Lucia Nightfire: Is teh ban ceiling for main grid going to raised soon?
  • [15:58] Maestro Linden: Yep, that's how it's designed
  • [15:59] Oskar Linden: that's good info maestro
  • [15:59] Flip Idlemind: Hmm, odd. Luckily I was able to work around the problem I was having with it
  • [15:59] Oskar Linden: alright everyone
  • [15:59] Oskar Linden: we're right about at 4 o'clock
  • [15:59] Talia Malaspina: THanks guys!
  • [15:59] Oskar Linden: thanks for coming
  • [15:59] Oskar Linden: next week is the big 100!!
  • [16:00] Nalates Urriah: Thx for an informative meeting
  • [16:00] Oskar LindenOskar Linden /dances
  • [16:00] Talia Malaspina: Wheeeeeee!!
  • [16:00] Lucia Nightfire: lol, I asked two minutes before clock out, heh
  • [16:00] Rex Cronon: tc oskar. tc everybody
  • [16:00] Moundsa Mayo: Oskar and Maestro(and the others in absentia) - thanks for your time and all your hard work!
  • [16:00] Rex Cronon: and have a nice day:)
  • [16:00] Maestro Linden: thanks for coming, everybody!
  • [16:00] Talia Malaspina: I wonder whether that mesh question person got the help they wanted.
  • [16:01] Conover's Flight-Helper 6.3.3 (WEAR ME!): Flight-helper is ready and operational.
  • [16:01] Lucia Nightfire: only an 8ball would know that one, heh
  • [16:01] Lares Carter: thanks for the meeting
  • [16:01] Oskar Linden: I don't know what you mean by ban ceiling lucia
  • [16:01] TankMaster Finesmith: oh hey, my t-shirt and lazer pointer just arrived from LL
  • [16:01] TankMaster Finesmith: :D
  • [16:01] Oskar Linden: don't burn your eye out
  • [16:01] NielArcher: bye all
  • [16:01] TankMaster Finesmith: haha
  • [16:01] Talia Malaspina: Ow my eye!!!
  • [16:01] Lucia Nightfire: Andrew said he was plannign on rasiing the ban ceiling from 800 meters to inf in an up and coming versoin
  • [16:02] Oskar Linden: oh
  • [16:02] TankMaster Finesmith: my cat will have fun tonight...
  • [16:02] Oskar Linden: not sure about that
  • [16:02] Oskar Linden: you'll have to ask him
  • [16:02] Talia Malaspina: Infinity?? So much for flying from my house to...freakin ANYWHERE!!!
  • [16:02] Lucia Nightfire: I will, not sure if he relayed anythign to you guys
  • [16:03] Lucia Nightfire: its only explicit bans that are covered
  • [16:03] Lucia Nightfire: not access or pass lists
  • [16:03] Motor Loon: someone gave Oskar coffee again eh?
  • [16:03] Marigold Devin: mad little pony
  • [16:03] TankMaster Finesmith: ph damn, that thing is bright
  • [16:03] Talia Malaspina: Oh, I see. ok. heehe You had me worried.
  • [16:03] TankMaster Finesmith: and green, natually
  • [16:03] Oskar Linden: kenyan coffee this morning
  • [16:03] Oskar Linden: soooo goooood
  • [16:03] Moundsa Mayo: You gonna need new shoes soon if you keep that up, Oskar!
  • [16:03] Oskar Linden: anyways
  • [16:03] Oskar Linden: great meeting thanks everyone!
  • [16:04] TankMaster Finesmith: i can blind myself just by shining it at a piece of white paper