Difference between revisions of "Beta Server Office Hours/Minutes/2017-02-23"

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "<pre> [2017/02/23 15:00] Mazidox Linden: Apparently I did pretty good at getting back thing. [2017/02/23 15:00] Johan Neddings: Welcome back [2017/02/23 15:01] Caleb the Ca...")
 
m (wrap)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<pre>
+
<pre style="white-space:pre-wrap;white-space:-moz-pre-wrap;white-space:-pre-wrap;white-space:-o-pre-wrap;word-wrap:break-word">
 
[2017/02/23 15:00]  Mazidox Linden: Apparently I did pretty good at getting back thing.
 
[2017/02/23 15:00]  Mazidox Linden: Apparently I did pretty good at getting back thing.
 
[2017/02/23 15:00]  Johan Neddings: Welcome back
 
[2017/02/23 15:00]  Johan Neddings: Welcome back

Latest revision as of 22:09, 23 February 2017

[2017/02/23 15:00]  Mazidox Linden: Apparently I did pretty good at getting back thing.
[2017/02/23 15:00]  Johan Neddings: Welcome back
[2017/02/23 15:01]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): hola
[2017/02/23 15:01]  NOPE (margithe): Hi everyone.
[2017/02/23 15:01]  Nal (nalates.urriah): Hi all...
[2017/02/23 15:01]  Mazidox Linden: How're we all today?
[2017/02/23 15:02]  NOPE (margithe): In limited quantities.
[2017/02/23 15:02]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): Hello, Caleb.
[2017/02/23 15:02]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): Hello, Lucia and Nalates.
[2017/02/23 15:02]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): Hello, Whirly.
[2017/02/23 15:03]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): Hello, Jonathan.
[2017/02/23 15:03]  Whirly Fizzle: Hiya  :)
[2017/02/23 15:03]  NOPE (margithe): ...is it just me, or...
[2017/02/23 15:03]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): Hello, Mazidox.
[2017/02/23 15:03]  Mazidox Linden: Hi Yuzuru
[2017/02/23 15:03]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): Hellp, Margithe.
[2017/02/23 15:03]  Mazidox Linden: And hi Whirly
[2017/02/23 15:04]  Johan Neddings: /me smiles
[2017/02/23 15:04]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): Margithe, I am sorry that I was afk..
[2017/02/23 15:04]  Johan Neddings: Seems I have to keep changing my DN here on Beta as well
[2017/02/23 15:04]  Johan Neddings: Doesn't auto apply anymore
[2017/02/23 15:05]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): Hello, Johan.
[2017/02/23 15:05]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): Hello, arton.
[2017/02/23 15:05]  Johan Neddings: Morning all
[2017/02/23 15:05]  arton Rotaru: Gunaaaabend
[2017/02/23 15:05]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): Hello, Rex.
[2017/02/23 15:06]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): we have good group now
[2017/02/23 15:06]  Rex Cronon: hi everybody
[2017/02/23 15:06]  Rex Cronon: hi yuzuru
[2017/02/23 15:06]  arton Rotaru: I'm a cloud again :(
[2017/02/23 15:06]  Rex Cronon: hi arton
[2017/02/23 15:06]  Mazidox Linden: So let's get this started, in as much as there's a "this" this week... We don't have much! BUG-10498: We need a current reproduction with a new Jira and information, per Kyle. That's the best way to get it pushed up into "we can get it some attention"
[2017/02/23 15:06]  Rex Cronon: how  r u doing lindens?
[2017/02/23 15:06]  Nal (nalates.urriah): Arton, you rendered for me.
[2017/02/23 15:07]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): arton, I can see you.
[2017/02/23 15:07]  Mazidox Linden: BUG-41364 I don't have much. We've accepted it, but we don't have it resourced/assigned yet, so there haven't been implementation decisions.
[2017/02/23 15:07]  arton Rotaru: I guess it's only me for who I am a cloud
[2017/02/23 15:07]  Whirly Fizzle: Oh well, that's easy to repro  ;)
[2017/02/23 15:07]  arton Rotaru: although, I'm with my Aditi Cache viewer on
[2017/02/23 15:08]  Mazidox Linden: As Caleb noted, I'm super happy you all showed up, and I wish I had more for you this week.
[2017/02/23 15:08]  Johan Neddings: Well, I do have one for Mazidox: BUG-41220
[2017/02/23 15:08]  Johan Neddings: It still is in transit according to Live Chat
[2017/02/23 15:08]  rcdsQueChatLog: State changed.{click me to get the url}
[2017/02/23 15:08]  Johan Neddings: Would love to see a WorkingOnIt Linden on it
[2017/02/23 15:09]  NOPE (margithe): The guy that you keep in the closet and does all the work ;)
[2017/02/23 15:10]  Johan Neddings: Well, as long as he does the hard work, I'm ok with that
[2017/02/23 15:10]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): in the basement, you mean Milton?
[2017/02/23 15:10]  Mazidox Linden: I walk by there sometimes.
[2017/02/23 15:10]  Jonathan Yap: Real Programmers don't want (or get) windows
[2017/02/23 15:10]  NOPE (margithe): You have several? So thats why productivity is at all times high :D
[2017/02/23 15:10]  Whirly Fizzle: oopsy crashed
[2017/02/23 15:11]  Rex Cronon: wb
[2017/02/23 15:11]  Whirly Fizzle: Ta
[2017/02/23 15:11]  NOPE (margithe): I'm not entrusted with sec-jira
[2017/02/23 15:12]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): Hi Johan, I haven't seen WorkingOnIt state in a while, but it's getting a triage for sure by product team
[2017/02/23 15:12]  Mazidox Linden: For an existing issue, or a new issue Margithe?
[2017/02/23 15:12]  Johan Neddings: Well, according to Live Chat this afternoon, it should already been pulled into the internal JIRA for handling
[2017/02/23 15:12]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): I can't login jira..
[2017/02/23 15:13]  Mazidox Linden: It has been Johan.
[2017/02/23 15:13]  Johan Neddings: But there's no mentioning on it, not an update on it
[2017/02/23 15:13]  Whirly Fizzle: What JIRA issue are you talking about?
[2017/02/23 15:13]  Johan Neddings: BUG-41220
[2017/02/23 15:13]  Johan Neddings: Which your comment was poofed as well
[2017/02/23 15:13]  Rex Cronon: u know mazidox. if u need extra testers ther is an app 4 that:)
[2017/02/23 15:13]  Rex Cronon: jk
[2017/02/23 15:14]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): I can login jira, but I can't see BUG-41220.. Permission Violation
[2017/02/23 15:14]  Mazidox Linden: There's a small chance I screwed up the importing process though, so I can double check that afterward :)
[2017/02/23 15:14]  NOPE (margithe): Can't see other peoples sec-jiras but it doesn't matter much really. Nothing i can contribute with there.
[2017/02/23 15:14]  Rex Cronon: jk. there is no app 4 that, but there is a group on the main grid  called second life beta...
[2017/02/23 15:14]  Johan Neddings: Because it's set as a Sec JIRA by Triager and me
[2017/02/23 15:14]  Whirly Fizzle: Its triagers & reporter only
[2017/02/23 15:14]  Johan Neddings: As it contains data and information that the outside doesn't need to know
[2017/02/23 15:15]  Mazidox Linden: Margithe, no one can see anyone else's SEC issues.
[2017/02/23 15:15]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): Thank you, Whirly and Johan. I see.
[2017/02/23 15:15]  NOPE (margithe): ok.
[2017/02/23 15:15]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): it's not a SEC jira, just closed to public
[2017/02/23 15:15]  NOPE (margithe): Ah'
[2017/02/23 15:15]  Rex Cronon: i think lindesn can see all the SEC jiras
[2017/02/23 15:15]  Mazidox Linden: Correct Lucia, but Margithe had mentioned being unable to see SEC issues.
[2017/02/23 15:17]  Johan Neddings: When you create the JIRA, you can pick which people you want to see the details
[2017/02/23 15:17]  Johan Neddings: I made sure only Triagers and me
[2017/02/23 15:17]  Mazidox Linden: And, yes, there's definitely the Second Life Beta group. I've even sent a notice to it on occasion!
[2017/02/23 15:17]  NOPE (margithe): WHirly do you know if wonky Bento imposters have been reported somewhere?
[2017/02/23 15:17]  Whirly Fizzle: Yes already filed
[2017/02/23 15:17]  NOPE (margithe): okok.
[2017/02/23 15:17]  Mazidox Linden: /me jots down notes
[2017/02/23 15:17]  Whirly Fizzle: If you mean the clipping & flashing
[2017/02/23 15:17]  NOPE (margithe): no
[2017/02/23 15:18]  NOPE (margithe): But it could be a firestorm thing, so i'll wait til next week to see some bigger avatars
[2017/02/23 15:18]  Whirly Fizzle: What do you see that's wrong?
[2017/02/23 15:18]  Whirly Fizzle: Bento avatars don't have good imposters, they clip badly
[2017/02/23 15:19]  Whirly Fizzle: LL vanilla bug
[2017/02/23 15:19]  NOPE (margithe): Saw only a part of the bigger avatars, within a certain sized square
[2017/02/23 15:19]  Mazidox Linden: Okay, got that as an action item to follow up on. I'll comment on the BUG rather than bring it back here if you don't mind Johan.
[2017/02/23 15:19]  Johan Neddings: And perhaps some one can also explain why Snack and Hotdog RC's are back since yesterday ?
[2017/02/23 15:19]  Whirly Fizzle: Yes thts the bug, they clip - filed at https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-10991
[2017/02/23 15:19]  NOPE (margithe): so not really clipping or flashing, just limited space where they render
[2017/02/23 15:19]  Johan Neddings: @Mazidox Okay, good to hear it's being worked on :)
[2017/02/23 15:20]  Mazidox Linden: Snack RC is generally used for experimental features that aren't ready to promote to main channel or full release candidate status. I don't have anything else to share about it right now, but will let you guys know if that changes.
[2017/02/23 15:20]  Whirly Fizzle: Oh Caleb, Kyle said Tesy can be moved onto Snack please  :D
[2017/02/23 15:20]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): :P
[2017/02/23 15:20]  Whirly Fizzle: *Trsty
[2017/02/23 15:20]  Whirly Fizzle: FFS
[2017/02/23 15:20]  Johan Neddings: The reason I ask is that there was an update yesterday that explained that Snack was being rolled
[2017/02/23 15:20]  Whirly Fizzle: Testylnavia sandbox  lol
[2017/02/23 15:20]  Johan Neddings: but no Release notes were released for the other ones
[2017/02/23 15:20]  NOPE (margithe): Ah yes, like the second picture there. Rendering only withing certain boundaries.
[2017/02/23 15:21]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): whats being tested on Snack on MC atm? heh
[2017/02/23 15:21]  NOPE (margithe): i miss the ability to add and comment on accepted jiras.
[2017/02/23 15:21]  Rex Cronon: a fix 4 the bomb, lucy:)
[2017/02/23 15:21]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): Rex, the only thing left with that is manual rezzing accounting
[2017/02/23 15:21]  Mazidox Linden: I will poke people about release notes
[2017/02/23 15:22]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): or rather from user inv
[2017/02/23 15:22]  Johan Neddings: Theresa did the same
[2017/02/23 15:22]  Johan Neddings: but when Snack is being rolled and no Release Notes, it makes people wonder
[2017/02/23 15:24]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): sometimes aditi can't provide the same traffic as prod
[2017/02/23 15:24]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): lack of real life traffic
[2017/02/23 15:25]  Johan Neddings: And that's why Snack is being rolled ?
[2017/02/23 15:25]  Mazidox Linden: We need to get more cars on Aditi. That'd solve the problem.
[2017/02/23 15:25]  Rex Cronon: u guys need to give incentive 4 people to come here...
[2017/02/23 15:25]  NOPE (margithe): Should have said that, we could have set up a rally for todays testing ;))
[2017/02/23 15:26]  Johan Neddings: Because last time when Snack was being rolled, there were no release notes for 2 weeks. Until a large announcement came out for the grid
[2017/02/23 15:26]  Johan Neddings: so just making sure that Snack isn't a predefining thing for large changes
[2017/02/23 15:26]  NOPE (margithe): like anyone would suddenly confess ;)
[2017/02/23 15:27]  Johan Neddings: Last time Snack was rolled, we got CDN
[2017/02/23 15:27]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): oh got it
[2017/02/23 15:27]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): shouldn't, what was it last time, johan?
[2017/02/23 15:27]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): ^ question answered
[2017/02/23 15:28]  Mazidox Linden: Sorry, I'm too new to have any idea here
[2017/02/23 15:28]  Johan Neddings: So Snack most of the time like Corndog are defining large changes
[2017/02/23 15:28]  arton Rotaru: why more cars on Aditi, are you dealing with the physics engine?
[2017/02/23 15:29]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): cars was just an example
[2017/02/23 15:29]  Mazidox Linden: Was a joke arton, traffic->cars.
[2017/02/23 15:29]  Rex Cronon: new havok version?
[2017/02/23 15:29]  arton Rotaru: ah ok
[2017/02/23 15:29]  Whirly Fizzle: Oh well it's easy to see if Snack regions are using a different CDN setup actually, but I don't think it's that is it?  There is work undserway to move sounds, gestures, animations etc over to CDN
[2017/02/23 15:29]  NOPE (margithe): Speaking of beta grid traffic, is that something you keep that way on purpose, or is it more incidental? Since it's not exactly easy to know about this place if you... don't already know and have done the secret handshake.
[2017/02/23 15:30]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): also snack can be useful to measure performance over time, so pile-on testing for 1 hour won't be enough
[2017/02/23 15:30]  Johan Neddings: Exactly Whirly, that's why I wanted to see Release Notes to confirm that they are indeed rolling that
[2017/02/23 15:30]  Mazidox Linden: You mean getting to it Margithe?
[2017/02/23 15:30]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): in the case of CDN it makes sense huh
[2017/02/23 15:30]  Johan Neddings: Or that the SSB is finally going to do mesh bodies as well
[2017/02/23 15:30]  NOPE (margithe): Getting to it, or even knowing it exists at all.
[2017/02/23 15:30]  Rex Cronon: why don't u put a game on snack?
[2017/02/23 15:30]  Johan Neddings: Rex, I think there was a game of RC Corndog once
[2017/02/23 15:31]  Johan Neddings: it broke the region in 2 mins :P
[2017/02/23 15:31]  Rex Cronon: oh
[2017/02/23 15:31]  Rex Cronon: it must have been too much traffic:)
[2017/02/23 15:31]  Johan Neddings: And perhaps Caleb, you can also find out why there's 1 region in SL still running on a undocumented RC called KT
[2017/02/23 15:32]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): !!!
[2017/02/23 15:32]  Mazidox Linden: To be honest, most people (just in life, not SL in particular) don't like testing in my experience.
[2017/02/23 15:32]  Mazidox Linden: Seconding Caleb's response.
[2017/02/23 15:32]  Nal (nalates.urriah): Doing useful testing is a tedious process...
[2017/02/23 15:32]  Whirly Fizzle: lol if you tell 'em somethings changed, suddenly everything  they perceive as "broken" gets blamed on that change
[2017/02/23 15:32]  Rex Cronon: u don't say testing. lol. u say come and try our new game on beta:)
[2017/02/23 15:33]  NOPE (margithe): right
[2017/02/23 15:33]  Mazidox Linden: Hmm
[2017/02/23 15:33]  Johan Neddings: That's why there's RC channels
[2017/02/23 15:33]  Johan Neddings: to make sure the Main channel isn't polluted
[2017/02/23 15:33]  Mazidox Linden: That's definitely not a me-level kind of a thing, but I'll jot it down at least.
[2017/02/23 15:33]  Johan Neddings: Because it's so funny to come to that one region and see that it's still running on an undocumented RC channel that no one knows about
[2017/02/23 15:34]  Whirly Fizzle: Grid status lists that KT region
[2017/02/23 15:35]  Whirly Fizzle: Gris survey sorry
[2017/02/23 15:35]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): let me check
[2017/02/23 15:35]  Whirly Fizzle: Saw that when I was hunting for Snacks earlier
[2017/02/23 15:35]  Johan Neddings: http://www.gridsurvey.com/display.php?id=96131
[2017/02/23 15:35]  Johan Neddings: And it's still online
[2017/02/23 15:35]  Johan Neddings: but with an older version of that undocumented RC channel
[2017/02/23 15:35]  Whirly Fizzle: Last checked 2016-06-11 though
[2017/02/23 15:36]  Mazidox Linden: It doesn't look like anything to me.
[2017/02/23 15:36]  Johan Neddings: Last Surveyed: 19 Feb 2017
[2017/02/23 15:36]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): is the channel called KT?
[2017/02/23 15:36]  Johan Neddings: Yes
[2017/02/23 15:36]  Johan Neddings: Server Version: Second Life RC KT 11.11.12.245070
[2017/02/23 15:36]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): ancient sim version
[2017/02/23 15:36]  Johan Neddings: Homestead
[2017/02/23 15:36]  Johan Neddings: But it's alive
[2017/02/23 15:36]  Johan Neddings: and I think no one even "finds it" for rolling restarts or such ?
[2017/02/23 15:37]  Whirly Fizzle: Unihispana is listed as still being on RC Mesh server too
[2017/02/23 15:37]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): i can't see it via my tool. trying to pull up by 11.11.12.245070
[2017/02/23 15:37]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): version number
[2017/02/23 15:37]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): agni?
[2017/02/23 15:37]  Johan Neddings: Yes
[2017/02/23 15:38]  Whirly Fizzle: Grid survey can be really out of date though
[2017/02/23 15:38]  Rex Cronon: omg. u guys have ghost sims on the main grid?
[2017/02/23 15:38]  Mazidox Linden: I suspect your data is faulty, or the collection mechanism is vulnerable to attack.
[2017/02/23 15:38]  Whirly Fizzle: http://www.gridsurvey.com/action.rcregions.php
[2017/02/23 15:39]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): so no new code next week?
[2017/02/23 15:40]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): yes new, but internal shinies
[2017/02/23 15:40]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): we looked at it today, it's mostly log clean up again
[2017/02/23 15:40]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): shouts: BORING
[2017/02/23 15:40]  Johan Neddings: Just checked on Pure Seduction: It's on Main Channel now
[2017/02/23 15:40]  NOPE (margithe): /me laughs
[2017/02/23 15:41]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): simon was asking for synonyms for "internal fixes"
[2017/02/23 15:41]  Johan Neddings: So might indeed be a blip in her system
[2017/02/23 15:41]  Whirly Fizzle: It says that region wasn't checked since 2016
[2017/02/23 15:41]  Mazidox Linden: There is an internal shiny and an internal logging thing, and that's it. In fairness, I did put a shiny status line on the wiki page.
[2017/02/23 15:42]  Johan Neddings: Then we'll send Virtual Littlething to work her magic on that region :P
[2017/02/23 15:42]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): what is an internal shiny?
[2017/02/23 15:42]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): just stuff that we can see
[2017/02/23 15:42]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): i.e. log tweaks
[2017/02/23 15:42]  Rex Cronon: something we might never get to see. lol
[2017/02/23 15:42]  Nal (nalates.urriah): Its like that think in Rex's chest
[2017/02/23 15:42]  Nal (nalates.urriah): thing^
[2017/02/23 15:42]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): yeah, i never know whats under this mask
[2017/02/23 15:43]  Rex Cronon: that is just ironman power core:)
[2017/02/23 15:43]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): so when are we getting features we can actually play with again?
[2017/02/23 15:43]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): sure, we will let you know and have another pile on when we have something
[2017/02/23 15:43]  NOPE (margithe): If i have an idea about revitalizing Mainland, who do i write to? Or does it go straight to the round file cabinet?
[2017/02/23 15:44]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): jiramobile
[2017/02/23 15:45]  Johan Neddings: Well, CDN for all other things
[2017/02/23 15:45]  Johan Neddings: that is something to play with
[2017/02/23 15:45]  Nal (nalates.urriah): Interesting ideas can be sent to Oz. But, they need to be well written to get his attention. Lot's of why its a good idea and stats or user cases to explain why it would be popular.
[2017/02/23 15:45]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): you know me, I want to be able to actually do new things in SL
[2017/02/23 15:45]  Rex Cronon: make it easy for oculus to work with slviewer and u might bring new life to sl;)
[2017/02/23 15:45]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): Rex, HDM is niche
[2017/02/23 15:46]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): *HMD
[2017/02/23 15:46]  Rex Cronon: lucy. what does hmd stand 4?
[2017/02/23 15:46]  Mazidox Linden: Head Mounted Display
[2017/02/23 15:46]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): Head Mounted Device
[2017/02/23 15:46]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): you're not into VR if you don't know that
[2017/02/23 15:46]  Rex Cronon: oh. aka oculus:)
[2017/02/23 15:46]  arton Rotaru: lol
[2017/02/23 15:46]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): Occulus / Samsung Gear / HTC Vive
[2017/02/23 15:47]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): Those kinds of things
[2017/02/23 15:47]  Mazidox Linden: Everyone forgets Google Cardboard!
[2017/02/23 15:47]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): expensive things
[2017/02/23 15:47]  Rex Cronon: i don't think ll can make the viewer work with all those displays:)
[2017/02/23 15:47]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): Cardbox doesn't work with a SL viewer ;)
[2017/02/23 15:47]  NOPE (margithe): Fully finalized ideas is not how i work, it's too closed off and can go wrong without push and pull and imput. Oh well.
[2017/02/23 15:47]  Nal (nalates.urriah): We are starting to get an idea of how much of VR is/was hype and genuine interest by users. Its less than hyped... of course.
[2017/02/23 15:48]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): VR is still niche and expensive
[2017/02/23 15:48]  Rex Cronon: there seems to be quite some interest in vr p0rn. lol
[2017/02/23 15:48]  Mazidox Linden: So, while I don't mind shooting the breeze for a few more minutes, I do want to double check if anyone has any other Jira issues they want to raise, or issues they've encountered.
[2017/02/23 15:48]  Whirly Fizzle: SL will never work well with VR, the FPS is too unstable with all the unoptimized content.
[2017/02/23 15:48]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): theres always in interest in any new way to do porn, Rex
[2017/02/23 15:49]  NOPE (margithe): I think the interest is genuine, just like it was 20 years ago, but the tech for it is still not quite there. Need more uni research on how to keep people from going motionsick.
[2017/02/23 15:49]  Rex Cronon: i have a little problem
[2017/02/23 15:49]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): I think the only Question I have
[2017/02/23 15:49]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): SSO for all the websites
[2017/02/23 15:49]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): Mazi, I always have issues with stuff I'd liek to see fixed, heh
[2017/02/23 15:49]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): Is it a JIRA worthy subject ?
[2017/02/23 15:49]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): or just throw it in Suggestion box ?
[2017/02/23 15:49]  Whirly Fizzle: You're about to get a new server JIRA actually, not sure who's going to file it yet.  I will if no one else does.  Ansa found a bug.  You know the way LL now masks out the email address?
[2017/02/23 15:49]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): but theres never any guarantee anyone has time to look at them
[2017/02/23 15:49]  Rex Cronon: has anybody ever used a router with ipv6 enable and slviewer?
[2017/02/23 15:50]  Nal (nalates.urriah): I do. But, I can't really tell what is going via 6 or 4...
[2017/02/23 15:50]  Rex Cronon: i turned it on my router and the viewer crashes quite fast
[2017/02/23 15:50]  arton Rotaru: yay...Rex got a new router :)
[2017/02/23 15:50]  Mazidox Linden: Interesting Rex. Might be a Viewer issue, but not sure?
[2017/02/23 15:50]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): Rex would have to get off his toaster to use VR anyway
[2017/02/23 15:51]  Rex Cronon: actually is not the only one i got
[2017/02/23 15:51]  Whirly Fizzle: Ansa (FS dev) said LL  will need to modify a simulator message for that because (quote)  "LL's "no worries, we mask the email address for you anywhere so you don't see it in preferences anymore" is fucking up snapshot to email since it uses the same function to retrieve the user's email address that then magically fails the email format regex check"
[2017/02/23 15:51]  Mazidox Linden: Huh, noted.
[2017/02/23 15:51]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): And on the SSO one, Just JIRA it ?
[2017/02/23 15:51]  Rex Cronon: well the viewer crashes like crazy when i turn on ipv6 and use wifi
[2017/02/23 15:52]  Nal (nalates.urriah): I don't see how 6 stuff could get the the viewer. That is all being decode at low machine levels. I doubt the viewer is aware of 4 or 6 ... except when asking for addresses...
[2017/02/23 15:52]  Mazidox Linden: Johan, Jira it as a Feature Request, probably?
[2017/02/23 15:52]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): Rex, WiFi and v6 is not a good thing
[2017/02/23 15:52]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): also, VR on wifi, lol
[2017/02/23 15:52]  Whirly Fizzle: SL viewers won't work if you only use IVP6
[2017/02/23 15:52]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): Okay, will Feature request it
[2017/02/23 15:52]  Rex Cronon: well lucy. i think if your wifi can do over 140mbs u can use it even 4 vr:)
[2017/02/23 15:53]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): depends on if the game using VR has all its unique assets loaded already, with little updating going on
[2017/02/23 15:53]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): The problem with WiFi and IPv6 is that it can't translate the SL viewer requests fast enough, causing issues and disconnects
[2017/02/23 15:53]  Mazidox Linden: Also I'm personally embarrassed by that one Whirly, slipped right by me.
[2017/02/23 15:53]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): one reason Sansar's domain env will capitalize on, I assume
[2017/02/23 15:53]  Whirly Fizzle: hehe.
[2017/02/23 15:54]  Whirly Fizzle: Ok Willow said she's going to file it.  Expect anm issue soon
[2017/02/23 15:54]  Whirly Fizzle: *an
[2017/02/23 15:54]  Rex Cronon: i never heard that sl viewer and ipv6 don't like eachother
[2017/02/23 15:55]  Nal (nalates.urriah): I can see where an explicit IPv4 request being made through a router with IPv4 turned off would fail.
[2017/02/23 15:55]  Rex Cronon: there should a be a big worning: DON'T ENABLE IPV6 ON YOUR ROUTER
[2017/02/23 15:55]  Rex Cronon: warning*
[2017/02/23 15:56]  Whirly Fizzle: It only barfs if you ONLY use IPV6
[2017/02/23 15:56]  Whirly Fizzle: Hmm here's one JIRA  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-40979
[2017/02/23 15:56]  Rex Cronon: thank you whirly:)
[2017/02/23 15:57]  Mazidox Linden: Wow, how is it already almost 4?
[2017/02/23 15:57]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): Mazi needs to move his car
[2017/02/23 15:57]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): oh wait
[2017/02/23 15:57]  Mazidox Linden: No, just surprised at where the day went!
[2017/02/23 15:58]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): what happens when theres no shineys
[2017/02/23 15:58]  Mazidox Linden: Seems like 10 minutes ago I sat down and started sprinkling bugs throughout the codebase for Caleb to find.
[2017/02/23 15:58]  Rex Cronon: time is relative. sometimes flows faster other times slower:)
[2017/02/23 15:58]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): Mazidox: BUG-41442 - SSO for all SL websites created
[2017/02/23 15:58]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): speaking of web,
[2017/02/23 15:59]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): when teh hell do we get entities capability?
[2017/02/23 15:59]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): after all, all LL API's use it, smh
[2017/02/23 15:59]  Mazidox Linden: The what?
[2017/02/23 15:59]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): and many LL web apps use it
[2017/02/23 15:59]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): entities
[2017/02/23 15:59]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_entities.asp
[2017/02/23 16:00]  Whirly Fizzle: Willow filed the email address fail (she's still writing details)  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-41441
[2017/02/23 16:00]  Rex Cronon: lucy. if u ever buy over 50% stock in ll u might get to say what snineys it does:)
[2017/02/23 16:00]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): maybe I can afford it Rex
[2017/02/23 16:00]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): but is it worth it?
[2017/02/23 16:01]  Rex Cronon: what matters is how much is worth it to u:)
[2017/02/23 16:01]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): time to move my Trucking Truck, thanks for coming
[2017/02/23 16:01]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): not investing millions of USD, nope
[2017/02/23 16:01]  Rex Cronon: tc caleb
[2017/02/23 16:01]  Rex Cronon: tc all those leaving
[2017/02/23 16:01]  Nal (nalates.urriah): Thanks Lindens, and everyone
[2017/02/23 16:01]  arton Rotaru: bye all
[2017/02/23 16:01]  NOPE (margithe): /me looks at the clock " Thanks for the meeting, see ya!"
[2017/02/23 16:01]  Lucy Daughter of the Devil (lucia.nightfire): I'll still invest my time
[2017/02/23 16:01]  NOPE (margithe): No meeting next week?
[2017/02/23 16:01]  Rex Cronon: tc arton
[2017/02/23 16:01]  Mr Neddings (johan.neddings): Have a good day, time for some decent sleep
[2017/02/23 16:01]  Rex Cronon: tc nal
[2017/02/23 16:01]  Mazidox Linden: Thanks everyone for coming. My plan is to have a meeting next week.
[2017/02/23 16:01]  NOPE (margithe): ok!
[2017/02/23 16:02]  Caleb the Cable Guy (caleb.linden): should have a meeting next week
[2017/02/23 16:02]  Nal (nalates.urriah): u 2 Rex
[2017/02/23 16:02]  Rex Cronon: tc johan
[2017/02/23 16:02]  Rex Cronon: tc maxidox
[2017/02/23 16:02]  Rex Cronon: lol. sorry. mazidox:)
[2017/02/23 16:02]  Whirly Fizzle: Thanks Lindens
[2017/02/23 16:02]  rcdsQueChatLog: State changed.{click me to get the url}
[2017/02/23 16:02]  Mazidox Linden: I could be ultra-awesome and max!