From Second Life Wiki
Revision as of 09:19, 31 January 2008 by Zero Linden
The viewer (and other client applications) can request capabilities from the simulators to gain access to certain features.
- Map from public URL to private URL
- Cap set <map><key>Asset upload</key>
- <key>Seed capability</key>
- Viewer knows public URL
- Internally, backbone stores both public and private URL
Flow for getting capabilities
- Viewer contacts login server requesting a particular capability
- Login server contacts sim
- Sim contacts backbone, sending a private uri corresponding to an action or service
- Backbone generates and returns a public uri corresponding to the private uri
- Do not rely on the form of a capability, other than it must be http: or https:. Capabilities from the same source needn't point to the same host or port, and the path needn't start /cap.