Capture Love Contest
From Second Life Wiki
(Created page with "February is the month of love, and a great time to show off your photo taking skills. If this sounds fun, then we have a contest for you! Take an inworld image that you feel port…")
Newer edit →
Revision as of 11:08, 6 February 2012
February is the month of love, and a great time to show off your photo taking skills. If this sounds fun, then we have a contest for you! Take an inworld image that you feel portrays your Second Life love story. Get creative — but keep it clean! A Second Life love story can mean different things to different people. Maybe you met your RL partner in SL, or you have a Second Life romance to share. Perhaps you just fell in love with all of Second Life! Read all the contest details and then submit your photo. (Link coming soon!)
The person who submits the winning image will get to share their Second Life love story with the rest of Second Life residents in a blog with additional images to help illustrate their story. Their blog post will be posted on the Second Life Inworld blog space for the whole community to read and enjoy. We will tweet and post links on the official SL Facebook page to the winner’s love story!
How to participate: Take a picture, save it on your computer and then upload it on the contest page. (Link coming soon!) Entries will be accepted noon (Pacific) on Feb. 6 through 11:59pm (Pacific) Feb. 14.
How to Vote: Voting begins Feb. 15, 12:01am (Pacific) and ends Feb. 21, noon (Pacific). You will only get one vote, so pick your favorite! To vote, simply hit the “Kudo” button on the image page of your choice.
- For some tips on how to take good pictures in Second Life, take a look at the Knowledge Base article.
- To take a snapshot using a Mac press Command+Shift+S
- To take a snapshot using a PC press Control+Shift+S
- Contest submission acceptance begins at noon (Pacific) on Feb. 6 through 11:59pm (Pacific) Feb. 14.
- Contest participants may enter only once — once an entry has been uploaded, you will be unable to change or modify your entry.
- Community participants may only vote/Kudo one entry. This means voting for yourself with an alt account is not allowed.
- Images must be free of text and logo, and no larger than 500x500 pixels in size.
- Images should be unaltered by any external photo editing tool.
- The person who submits the winning image will be allowed to author a blog post (to be published by the Second Life Community Team) telling their “Second Life Love Story” and including additional images. If there is a tie, Linden Lab will select the final winner
- The winner will be notified on February 22, 2012 via inworld chat and on the winning image entry page.
- The winner’s “Love Story” blog post will be posted to our Inworld blog space on Feb. 28, 2012.
- Entries that violate any of these guidelines will be disqualified.
- Linden Lab reserves the right to disqualify any entry at its sole discretion.
Legal Fine Print:
- Eligibility. Contest is open to all Second Life® Residents ("Residents") in good standing, 16 and older as of the start of the Contest. Residents of embargoed countries, countries where such contests are not legal or where access to the Second Life world has been blocked or disabled, as well as Employees and affiliates of Linden Research, Inc. ("Linden Lab"), and their families are not eligible to participate. Contest void where prohibited. Subject to all international, federal, state and local laws. No purchase is necessary to enter and win.
- How to Enter. Between the hours of noon (Pacific) on Feb. 6 through 11:59pm (Pacific) Feb. 14. take a picture that fits the contest theme. Upload your image in jpeg or png format to the contest. (Link coming soon!)
- Prizes. Winner will be allowed to author one blog post for publication on the Second Life Blogs. The winner’s “Love Story” blog post will be published by a member of the Second Life Community Team. Original author’s name will be visible. Only one prize per Resident is allowed.
- Prize distribution: Prize will be awarded by Linden Lab via email, inworld or by mail. Linden Lab will notify winners by mail, in-world or e-mail of procedures for redeeming prize. The prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or credit. Winners who do not wish to accept the prize as offered may opt to forfeit the prize. There will be no substitutions. Linden Lab reserves that right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that does not comply with the Second Life Community Standards or Community Participation Guidelines.
- By submitting an entry, entrant grants Linden Lab a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use his/her name, avatar, voice, and likeness, and any materials submitted by entrant to Linden Lab, in connection with this contest, and entrants waive any and all claims and/or rights to receive any royalties or other compensation for the Linden Lab's use thereof, unless prohibited by law. Winners may be required to complete, sign, notarize and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and a publicity release, which must be returned, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification.