Community Platform KB Translation Project
The Second Life Knowledge Base is now on the Community Platform.
This is place to keep working notes on translation efforts there.
- Look below for Articles ready for translation
- Sign in in Lithium
- Open one article in Lithium
- Click on Edit
- Open the html editor in Lithium
- Copy the text and html tags in the window that opened
- For screenshots, if you can take a localized screenshot, that is great. The image will be uploaded to your computer. Or upload the image to the wiki (external image). If you do not use a localized screenshot...
- . Cancel the Edit process in the US article
- Go to the KB page of your locale, and click on New Article. Choose Free form as a type of article
- The editor opens, and you can paste the content of the US article - Add the subject by translating the English title. Add labels, choose the same as the ones in English. Labels next to the About in the US article.
- Proceed to translating the article, respecting the original layout.
- Add screenshot if necessary
- Preview and save for review
- Note by Irene Muni (added April 3, 2001): There is no button "Preview", at least for me.
- Have someone review your work
- In the wiki page, mention the article is Ready to be reviewed.
- Reviewer, once done, Submit the article for publication.
Workflow: When an article completes a stage (e.g. technical review) then move it into the next section (e.g. copy editing).
Ready for technical review
- Voice morphing
- Avatar attachments
- Account credentials
- Alpha channels
- Animation guide
- Display names
- Camera (point of view) controls
- Login failure
Ready for copy editing
Ready for translation
This is the place to list English articles that are ready for translation. Once placed here, they should not be significantly modified.
- About the Second Life Knowledge Base
- Release notes
- How to contact customer support
- How to report a bug or request a feature
Community translators please indicate articles that you are actively working on below.
|How to report a bug or request a feature||In progress in internal work|
Move links to translated articles here.
|Community Standards|| Las Normas de la Comunidad; also in Lithium format (March 25, 2011).
Los nombres de usuario Please, see below "Note 1".
La Base de Conocimientos de Second Life Please, see below "Note 1".
- Note 1. This KB article has a problem with the Contents table, we cannot create that Contents successfully. Probably it is a known problem.
Move links to translated and published articles here.
|Release notes|| -
|Notas de la versión|| -
List translated articles here when they are:
- in translation;
- in review;
- ready to be published.
Articles ready to be published:
- Den Kunden-Support kontaktieren
- This article needs two new labels: Abrechnung (Billing) and Kunden-Support (Customer support)
- Account credentials
- Flagging an item on the Marketplace -> Reportar un ítem del Marketplace (March 28, 2011).
- Pending technical review of the English article: Avatar attachments -> Los anexos del avatar (March 29, 2011).
Ready to be published:
- NOTE about Community Guidelines -> Artículo oficial de Linden Lab:Directrices de la participación en la comunidad (from this JIRA); (ready on March 25, 2011, published on March 29, 2001). Drafts: Las Normas de la Comunidad de Second Life (Lithium format); also in wiki format.
Languages not supported on Community Platform
The Community Platform currently supports only the above four languages in addition to English. Content for additional languages (for example, Italian and Japanese) will remain on this wiki.