Content Creation, Mesh Import, Scripting User Group
Topics are focused on anything related to the mesh import project. Feature requests, bug reports, design feedback, questions, comments, or example content are welcome.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 10:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
- Just tried an old sculpted vehicle on the beta grid. It doesn't work due to a physics cost of near 1000. Are Sculpties supposed to be treated the same as mesh in the physics engine? Will this be true when mesh goes live, and has broken content been considered? [Brookston Holiday]
- Open questions for Falcon Linden on physics
- Falcon makes an announcement
- New tools for analyzing content efficiency and an update on Render "Cost/Complexity" metric [Nyx]
- Has mesh asset dropping beed dropped? Several people said they had lost their mesh asset folder. Mine is still called llfoldertype_bad_lookup, and dropping on prims fails silently. Dropping on a megaprim causes sim crash. [Drongle McMahon]
- Why are streaming cost calculations based on LOD switches at r/0.06, r/0.24 and r/1 when LLVolume LODGroup::mDetailThresholds are r/0.03, r.0.06 and r/0.24? [Drongle]
- Many existing meshes were made without rearg to LOD stringency because there is effectively no dsincentive from sandbox parcel limits. They are therefore more profligate than would be meshes used after release. However, the triangle counts based on these meshes was used to justify increase in streaming costs that will bias strongly against replacing inefficient sculpties with efficient meshes. Is this decision irretrievable? [Drongle]
- Are we there yet?? Vivienne
- Any update from Legal department about content creator rights?
Charlar Linden, Nyx Linden, and Runitai Linden. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.