Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Come discuss any issues around content creation - its challenges, limitations in the tools, workarounds and successes. Land is provided next to the office build for rezzing example content. Bug reports and feature requests should have JIRA ticket numbers if at all possible, as it makes it easier to collaborate on issues both internally and externally.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Next meeting will take place on March 17, 2014.
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- Can I haz the math for texturing hollowed prims plz? Mona Eberhardt 12:06, 17 March 2014 (PDT)
- Concerning triangle counts reported on the statistics bar: Turning of everything except Simple and Volume in Advanced->Render Types and looking at just a single subdivided cube with 12288 triangles: with Shadows off, the triangle count is 12KTro, as expected. Switching on shadows adds 50KTris (approx 4x 12288) giving 62 KTris. Then adding each of two projected lights adds 12K per light. Given that there is an extra set of triangles per shadow-casting light source, and allowing one for the moon (it was midnight), where are the three extra sets of 12K triangles getting used? Drongle McMahon 12:00, 7 April 2014 (PDT)
- How many triangles of geometry are equivalent to how many pixels of normal map in terms of GPU resource consumption?Drongle McMahon 08:47, 8 April 2014 (PDT)
- Due to the appearance of the Blender cloud, which is under CC and stipulates attribution, we (the users) must need to know if the import of [CC By 4.0 licensed content] will violate the TOS. In particular: how does LL handle the conflict where a user does due diligence and attributes in their product's accompanying literature ? LL's TOS stipulates "grant the right to use the content without indicating the originator". Since the user does not have the right to waive that, would the upload of CC By 4.0 licensed content then be illegal? Instead of letting every single user in the world clarify this important question on his/her own with the LL legal department, i propose to get an official yes/no answer to this very simple question: Can CC By 4.0 content be legally uploaded to SL ? yes/no ? Best would be to answer this right in the TOS Gaia
- Did anyone at LL notice the SUN-129 issue about AISv3 ?... Because it's a serious issue currently affecting the Sunshine project viewer. Henri Beauchamp 11:08, 14 April 2014 (PDT)
- Enter your topic ABOVE this line! End with 3 or 4 ~ to add your name or name and date
Nyx Linden, Vir Linden, Prep Linden, and occasional other guest lindens. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31