Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Currently topics are focused on anything related to the mesh import project. Feature requests, bug reports, design feedback, questions, comments, or example content are welcome.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
- Loki asked in the forum Long Live Mesh Beta Grid? how long will the Mesh Regions be around in ADITI? What are the plans for the Mesh Regions in ADITI? - Nalates Urriah
- Mesh Volunteer page links to version 22.214.171.124285 not the latest Mesh Viewer. Is that intentional? Is that the viewer for residents to use to test mesh in the main grid roll out? Is the grid, AGNI/ADITI, still hard coded in most Mesh Viewers? Nalates Urriah
- Can you please reconsider https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/CTS-662 ? The answer given is not very satisfying, as this actually discourages the use of the new physics shape system. I have a vehicle with 31 prims. If I set some of the prims to physics shape none it shows up as 70 prim equivalence cost. I don't think anyone is going to use the physics shape system for none mesh content if it's going to bloat up the prim cost like this. I strongly suggest to not apply the new accounting rules for any linkset that does not contain mesh. Thank you. - Lares Carter
- Addendum to above: Applying the new accounting rules to standard prims linked to meshes also severely limits the cases where simple linked prims can sensibly be used for physics shapes, because of high download or server weights.
- Your "tutorial" seems to be broken. We complete the questions correctly, then it's still pink. After we press "let's get started" again, we are taken to the last question (shown as answered correctly) then we' re still pink despite the last message that says we are good to go. (edit: It seems there is already a JIRA open, named CTS-717) (Angel Alphaville)
- Max number of normal prims in a linkset is 256. How many is max PE of mesh objects in a linkset? [Yuzuru Jewell]
- Is the license of the llm file of the Viewer LGPL? Or is it CC BY 3.0? I sent a e-mail to Nyx, but I have no reply. [Yuzuru Jewell]
- Can we get a simple preview of the ground when importing rigged mesh. Possibly an extra check box we could turn on if we need. [Racush Cheeky]
- Have they set up a centralized location for education and documentation? [Eleanora Newell]
- Open Source Surprise for davep.[Wolfpup Lowenhar]
- Are the headers (author name, etc) in the dae file retained after the mesh is uploaded? If so, can that information be retrieved from the uploaded mesh in case of an IP dispute?[Ashasekayi Ra]
- Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
Charlar Linden, Nyx Linden, and Runitai Linden. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31