Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Currently topics are focused on anything related to the mesh import project. Feature requests, bug reports, design feedback, questions, comments, or example content are welcome.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- Why do mesh objects have a +0.5PE penalty and a +1PE script penalty per object per linkset compared to regular prims which have none? (York Jessop)
- Can we have both physics and streaming cost displayed somewhere in the edit window? It was useful to be able to tell which was larger without having to go into the developer menu. (Brookston Holiday)
- (Perhaps related)When edit linked is checked, the number of prims gets updated in the edit window but the PE of the entire object is still shown. Is it possible to show the PE contribution of the one prim that has been selected, again without going into developer menu? (Brookston Holiday)
- What is the hidden agenda (assuming there is one) behind the new dropdown on the uploader that asks what the uploaded model is for? [Drongle McMahon]
- SH-2044 has been set to fixed, but the automated build at http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/mesh-development/rev/237321/index.html doesn't seem to have the fix even though it's listed. It's likely a mistake on my part, but please confirm whether the fix is in or not in the install. (Raz Welles)
- Is this wiki up-to-date? : http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Mesh_Streaming_Cost#LOD_Transition_Distances I read elsewhere that the LOD transition distances have different values now. Also, is "max_area=65536" and is "radius = 0.5 * llSqrt(x*x + y*y + z*z)"? [Ashasekayi Ra]
- In the streaming cost formula, kbytes for each LOD are listed. Is there a way to approximate that value for ourselves offline since I assume this is a compressed value? [Ashasekayi Ra]
- You still can't have textures automatically load with a model exported from Blender 2.49. Is this a known issue? Or, does it need a jira? [Ashasekayi Ra]
Charlar Linden, Nyx Linden, and Runitai Linden. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31