Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Currently topics are focused on anything related to the mesh import project. Feature requests, bug reports, design feedback, questions, comments, or example content are welcome.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- Simball and Mesh - I am an avid Simball player. Simball is a Second Life sport that can be described as a kind of Hockey on hover boards, created by Sean Martin under the Trademark Vetox. It has gained some popularity, and a lot of popularity with the Japanese who have a league of their own. How will the new simulators that mesh introduces affect this game? Can Simball benefit from Mesh ramps that the board doesn't snag on in laggy conditions, like they sometimes do on the prim ramps? [Davido Chrome]
- Deformers: Since joint offsets/bone lengths aren't going to be supported by the mesh uploader at release, and since the latest mesh viewers do not support uploading BVH files where the hip is not the root joint, does this mean there will be a window of time where no new deformers are able to be created? (And did you mean to do that?) (Bloodsong Termagant)
- Deformers, Multiple: If an avatar wears more than one rigged mesh with joint offsets/bone lengths (when we get those ::nudgenudge::), which offsets/lengths will the avatar inherit? The ones from the first worn rig? The ones from the last worn rig? The ones from all partial rigs that don't overlap (ie: arm lengths from a sweater, shin lengths from a boot)? (Bloodsong Termagant)
- Slight Scaling bug with rigged items: I first rig an item in maya to the default skeleton, scaled specifically to the default male mesh avatar, then export/import the DAE. I then wear the default shape in SL, and wear the imported mesh item; Ideally, it should be identical in proportion and position to the initial rigged model since both are based on the default, as the data is based on the parent node of the skeleton. However, when imported, each time i notice a significant difference in scale - much narrower but also slightly taller and deeper front to back. I have noticed this repeatedly, with full avatars, with pants, with shirts and jackets and with a belt. Having no idea how this is occuring, I cannot come up with a method to counter the effect. Are you aware of this and can you help me solve the issue? Just scaling the bone lengths will not solve the problem, but only scales the problem.(Maxwell Graf)
- Can you confirm pricing for uploads information for the full release? I have heard conflicting reports from several Lindens on what they will be. I have heard no price differences will occur, I have heard that it will be 150L PER PE, that it will be 150L for the initial prim and 1L for each PE after and also 150L for the first and 10L for each PE after. Please confirm this, inquiring minds want to know! (Maxwell Graf)
- Users unlucky enough to have an NVIDIA GTX460 card on an older motherboard, under Windows 7 64 bit, are unable to use any kind of viewer (released, snowstorm, mesh viewers included) because the globally infamous opengl error that plagues this card persistently shows up during login, after a specific point during viewer development two months ago. There is a thread in the forum (where for example we note the last Snowstorm/Mesh builds without the bug), and also a JIRA thing (CTS-657) that is marked as "fixed". Is it something that was introduced by mesh project code? It is certainly not solved and has become unbearable.
Charlar Linden, Nyx Linden, and Runitai Linden. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31