Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Currently topics are focused on anything related to the mesh import project. Feature requests, bug reports, design feedback, questions, comments, or example content are welcome.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
NOTE: You must join the group "Mesh Volunteers" in order to access the mesh sandboxes.
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- Charlar Linden "I do not expect resource weights calculations to change". I heard from at least 3 Linden over the past 2 weeks that they started the PE limits high because its easier to lower them down later... and obviously now they are not being lowered at all I and MANY others are not satisfied at all. With the current costs and no hope for them coming down sculpties seems vastly superior to anything non AV related... So I guess my question is why did you guys even make mesh if it is inferior to the current stuff in SL? (Moo Spyker)
- Status on maptilegenerator, is the result i see in aditi the final way you want to render meshobjects on maps? (the bunny)
- Which viewer should we test? Which is the latest maintained viewer? Is it mesh-development or snowstorm_viewer-development or Second Life Beta Viewer? [Yuzuru Jewell]
- WE WANT NYX BEARS [Dahlia Trimble]
- I am now on Viewer 3 and, as with the last mesh viewer, there is no mesh upload in mesh enable areas, nor am i able to IM, tp without crashing, or view profiles. This is preventing me from moving forward with mesh. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/CTS-768 I don't know how many more are in this situation, but it is major for those of us experiencing it. [Eleanora Newell]
- When you say that you can change the joint position, does that mean you can scale the bone? I've tried translating a bone to a different position and that didn't seem to work. [Ashasekayi Ra]
- What is the purpose of the SLM file generated upon upload? After having problems, I found I needed to delete this manually, or else the problems got worse. (Tiberious)
- OS Lib update (Wplfpup Lowenhar / Jusden Jonstone)
- Any chance of CTS-631 being considered after release? It can solve the big mesh = big PE problem.
- Where is the specification for how rigging works differently in collada 1.4.0 vs 1.4.1? I'm fixing blender 2.5 to work with SL, but am not sure whether the rotation issues are in blender, SL, or both (Tapple Gao)
- (insert question here)
- Explain again the joint offsets/bone lengths, or lack thereof, or how you cant move or rotate bones in a rig...? you can't make quads or anything unless they are in human T-position? you can't make creatures with shortened legs or lengthened arms?
- Any chance we will be able to use the new physics setup for objects made with prims/sculpties, without being "punished" by our objects suddenly being treated as if they was mesh objects? [Motor Loon]
Charlar Linden, Nyx Linden, and Runitai Linden. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31