Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Currently topics are focused on anything related to the mesh import project. Feature requests, bug reports, design feedback, questions, comments, or example content are welcome.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
NOTE: You must join the group "Mesh Volunteers" in order to access the mesh sandboxes.
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- How to make terrain with Mesh - Jessica Chung
- If debug setting "RenderVolumeLODFactor" is not volatile (hence not just a builders' tool), does it mean there is no reference for LOD planning? [Bunnie Mills]
- Some private estate owners have started implementing policies to prohibit the use of mesh on their land in order to keep the experience enjoyable for users of legacy viewers who see mesh items only as random polygons. While it is entirely within their rights to do so, it also creates a conflict with Linden Lab's Policy on Third-Party Viewers which states that the use of unsupported viewers must not be detrimental to anyone else's Second Life experience. Since most SL residents are not familiar with the technical details of mesh, it appears to be only a matter of time until people get banned for taking mesh attachments into regions where they are not allowed. Are there any plans to resolve this conflict, e.g. by stopping the server from sending mesh assets to viewers that cannot render them? [Masami Kuramoto]
- Can someone here please explain to me why I just worked my ass off for 2 weeks on a project trying to keep it under 32 prims physically. Finally get it working tonight my physics weight is 31.9. PE is 363. I turn physics on and the physics weight jumps up to f***ing 915..?!? which puts the entire object to 916 PE.... what is the point of it listing as 31.9 physics when clearly for some reason its simply NOT? all of the mesh physics models combined are under 200 polygons. Really losing any hope of mesh what so ever (Moo Spyker)
- There has been some confusion over which LL Convex Decomposition Stub Library TPV's & Open Source developers should be building from to build viewers either with or without a completed stub convex decomposition library. Currently there are at least two & possibly more including snowstorm development team libraries containing llconvexdecomposition libraries on the LL Bitbucket Repository. Can you please clarify to TPV & Open Source Viewer Developers which library is 1) most up to date, 2) the correct stub library to build from that will build successfully with or without a the stub library completed? [Jusden Jonstone]
- After experimenting with rigged mesh in Blender 2.59 after the last mesh meeting, I found that a rigged mesh without joint offsets still works fine. But, a mesh with joint offsets still comes into SL mangled [Ashasekayi Ra]: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Joint-Offsets-in-Blender-2-59/td-p/1040777
Charlar Linden, Nyx Linden, and Runitai Linden. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31