Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Currently topics are focused on anything related to the mesh import project. Feature requests, bug reports, design feedback, questions, comments, or example content are welcome.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- Do you plan to add a "mirrior" button for mesh simmilar to the one that was added late in sculpties? Would be not only useful in creation and uploads but mirriored mesh would be instances and less server stress then a brand new uploaded model. Could even give a reduced PE if its in the same linkset as the non mirriored mesh. Have a mirrior check box and then a X Y Z dropdown box for which axis is mirriored in the features tab or something. [Moo Spyker]
- I filed a jira for the LOD uploader scale problem but cannot find it anymore, has anything been done with that? It is where all LOD's and physics mesh scale up to the match the bounding box of the highest LOD. It's a pain because every LOD and physics must maintain the EXACT bounding box to avoid stretching. I have a picture example of exactly what I mean to show. [Moo Spyker]
- "Render Cost" seems weird on mesh's that you would think to be less weight on the sim. Examples I have are of a complex mesh cut down into smaller mesh resulting in a much lower PE but 100 times Render Cost. One specific item was 1 mesh, 42 PE 51 Render Cost. same mesh cut down to 26 indivdual objects 28 PE linked but Render Cost is 1091. I would think the Render Costs would be flipped on that example. Doesnt make much sense to me. [Moo Spyker]
- Any word on adding the LSL line to change the new physics flags? (PRIM, CONVEX HULL, NONE) [Moo Spyker]
- Any word on chaning the label "prims" to "object" or simmilar? Next update? So many people are still thinking mesh is low prims when it is not... example: from (100 prims, 200 prim equivs) to (100 objects, 200 prims/prim equivs) [Moo Spyker]
- JIRA Issue SH-2374, originally opened by Maxwell Graf, was requesting rigged mesh respond to the standard avatar appearance morph sliders as well as bone changes. I added to it to have "strength" and "bias" controls in the Edit window. Those would be a multiplier and addition or subtraction of the underlying skin movement to apply to the attached mesh. Bias would also control render order, so outer layers would always render last and thus show over lower layers. The combination of morph controls + strength + bias would give great flexibility in fitting and layering mesh items.
The point of this feature is to conform attached meshes to the user's preferred shape, rather than the unhappy situation now where we have to conform the avatar shape to fit the mesh attachment. A lot of people saw the necessity of this feature, and it got about 260 watchers in a few days, and then was taken internal to LL so we cannot see the status.
Can you tell us (a) what is the status of that issue, and (b) why did it need to be hidden? [DanielRavenNest Noe]
- A few other residents and myself are making mesh related tutorials on a regular basis. Would it be possible to add a tutorial subforum to the mesh forum so tutorials would be easier for new users to find? [Ashasekayi Ra]
- enter your item here [SL name]
Charlar Linden, Nyx Linden, and Runitai Linden. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31