Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Currently topics are focused on anything related to the mesh import project. Feature requests, bug reports, design feedback, questions, comments, or example content are welcome.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- Will there be an official, released build that will finally incorporate ALL of the following show stopper bug fixes: the fix for the memory pool bug, the fix for the button for weight calculation, the work made in the shining branch regarding OpenGL and shaders, but without inheriting the new "glorious" interface and the bugs that come with it in recent development builds ( for example the shiny new mouse wheel bug in the panels - floaters) ? Is it not sane to acknowledge a userbase accustomed to Viewer 2/3 interface and let us ask for at least one final stable version of it to rely upon for a while, before you work out the long long way for this new "interface" to be ironed out and presentable ? For the past two months, there has been not a single build that is not marred by one show stopper bug or another. You fix the bugs but you don't push them into the releases, and now, to add insult to injury, you have brought a slew of new problems to be fixed with this new quickly hacked together "interface". [Angel Alphaville]
- A recent conversation in the mesh forum revealed some unexpected effects of UV mapping and material numbers on the download weight of a simple set of planks . The decrease in weight with more materials is most perplexing. No reason to regard this as a bug, but it would be nice to have an explanation so that an understanding of these effects can be used in optimising models. [Drongle McMahon]
- Received the following message on first use of latest beta viewer: "Display settings have been set to recommended levels because of a change to the rendering subsystem." What might these changes have been? Did they affect LOD switch distances? [Drongle McMahon]
- Any update on the Mesh Deformer research and thinking? Any official contact made by or collaboration with the Maxwell/Qarl Deformer Project? Nalates Urriah
- The latest Project Viewer Mesh is 10/22/11. Is Project Viewer Mesh weekly build? Or was it merged into other projects? [Yuzuru Jewell]
- Any word on the Nech and Center attachments points and avatars and rigging with Collada upload? Nalates Urriah
- Sample agenda item [SL name]
Charlar Linden, Nyx Linden, and Runitai Linden. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31