Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Currently topics are focused on anything related to the mesh import project. Feature requests, bug reports, design feedback, questions, comments, or example content are welcome.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- How did the fix for CTS-694 work? Did it change the basis for associating LOD meshes in multi-mesh uploads, which used to be based on the order of appearance of <geometry> tags in each LOD file? [Drongle MaMahon]
- Is it possible to have a hotfix 3.1 release which will include the fix for SH-2500  ? This way we (mesh builders) can have a stable viewer to rely upon for a while until the snowstorm team fixes the issues with the new GUI. Right now we have no reliable, officially released, stable viewer at all. [Angel Alphaville]
- Why did the "Keep border" feature disappear from the Mesh Import window ? Will it be reintroduced ? If yes, when ? [Gael Streeter]
- Why are the low and medium LOD levels not taken into account in the weights count ? Will it stay like that ? Is there a load gain to have the same mesh for several LODs ? What could be the drawbacks to use the same mesh for the high and medium LODs ? [Gael Streeter]
- Are there any plans to disable non-mesh enabled viewers from logging into Second Life? There are reports that people have been ejected or even banned from some venues due to wearing mesh clothes. The reason being that the venue owner and many other guests cannot see mesh as they have been using non-mesh enabled viewer. This is very disturbing. People see different things depending on what viewer they are using. This does not enhance the common experience. My guess is that non-mesh enabled viewers will be used by many a long long time unless they are blocked. [Coby Foden]
- We know several fixes for Mesh and OpenGL are in progress with some completed. Where are we in the pipeline for getting those to the Beta and Main Viewers? Possible ETA's? Hoping for? Nalates Urriah
- Sample agenda item [SL name]
Charlar Linden, Nyx Linden, and Runitai Linden. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31