Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Currently topics are focused on anything related to the mesh import project. Feature requests, bug reports, design feedback, questions, comments, or example content are welcome.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- JIRA VWR-6713 - 'Allow Alpha Channel of Textures to be used as a 1-bit Mask (Alpha Masking)' is now four years old and has still not been reviewed. Is there any chance this could be pushed, considering how broken the automatic alpha masking system is and how glitchy alpha textures are in deferred rendering? Sahkolihaa Contepomi 06:42, 29 April 2012 (PDT)
- In the log of Friday Server/Scripting group, Falcon said "We're changing streaming cost for prims to be capped at 1.0...". The example linkset did not contain mesh. Officially, mesh are a kind of prim. However, it seems unlikely that the cap will be applied to mesh prims. Can you confirm that it will not apply to mesh prims. Further, the statement is unconditional, implying that the cap will still apply to legacy prims that are in a linkset that also contains mesh prims. Can you confirm whether this is the case? Drongle McMahon
- A couple of weeks ago, I asked for an explicit description of the algorithm that determines the point at which the behaviour and physics weight of a mesh with physics shape type "Prim" is slently switched from that expected for physics shape type "Prim" to that expected for physics shape type "Convex Hull", as its size is shrunk. Did I miss the answer?Drongle McMahon
- Why do spikes appear on lower LOD rigged meshes when they don't if it's uploaded by itself?Tiberious Neruda
- When uploading a specific .dae for the physics shape it will get scaled to fit 'the bounding box' of the main .dae you are uploading. If you create furniture with a cylinder with a plane under it that will be the shadow, and you make the .dae for physics just the cylinder... the cylinder gets wider to fit all the shadow and doesn't keep the size it should to cover only the part that should be physical. Will there be a way to disable that feature?Fem Darcy
- Has the source mesh for the default convex hull been changed again? It used to be the high LOD mesh, but I was just shown an example where it appeared to be made from the lowest LOD mesh or the physics mesh. Needless to say the result was useless. (Ah ... just heard it was uploded with Phoenix, so that may be the problem).Drongle McMahon
- I know that if you upload an LOD, you can do so with or without weights as long as the high LOD has weights. But, if you do upload a low LOD with weights, are they ignored? Ashasekayi Ra 12:43, 30 April 2012 (PDT)
- your topic here! End with 3 or 4 ~ to add your name or name and date
Nyx Linden, Runitai Linden, and occasional other guest lindens. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31