Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Come discuss any issues around content creation - its challenges, limitations in the tools, workarounds and successes. Land is provided next to the office build for rezzing example content. Bug reports and feature requests should have JIRA ticket numbers if at all possible, as it makes it easier to collaborate on issues both internally and externally.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- Why does a pathfinding character's LI go up to 15 by default? Is the formula posted anywhere? (In my example, the PF character is a simple cube primitive.) Ashasekayi Ra 10:57, 1 October 2012 (PDT)
- If I shift + copy the same 15 LI pathfinding character, the LI of the copy is 1. Is this expected behavior? (In my example, the PF character is a simple cube primitive.) Ashasekayi Ra 10:58, 1 October 2012 (PDT)
- @Ashasekay - see https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/PATHBUG-194 --MartinRJ Fayray 12:11, 1 October 2012 (PDT)
- Is anyone else having issues similar to sh-3055 WRT uploading meshes?
- We've found it's possible to patch the viewer to accept mesh rigged against attachment points with spaces in the name. The patch is targeted specifically at uploading mesh rigged to the problematic bones. Could this be flagged for inclusion into the official viewer? It will give character creators some 23 more bones to rig and animate, and will work with the current codebase (it's just a patch to the upload). See here for details: http://blog.machinimatrix.org/topic/help-needed-to-test-viewer-patch/ --Magus Freston 10:45am 15 Oct
- Is there a reason why scripted multiple seating no longer works on mesh objects? I have tried this with two different scripted systems and someone else has also reported a similar issue (SVC-8210 ); while there is a workaround to link in a normal prim as root, this is not ideal since 1) a lot of content is now broken 2) there are potential LI changes as a result of this addition. Is this something the Mesh team can look in to? and if not, who can help fix this problem? Aki Shichiroji 00:02, 14 October 2012 (PDT)
- Enter your topic above here! End with 3 or 4 ~ to add your name or name and date
Nyx Linden, Runitai Linden, and occasional other guest lindens. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31