Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Come discuss any issues around content creation - its challenges, limitations in the tools, workarounds and successes. Land is provided next to the office build for rezzing example content. Bug reports and feature requests should have JIRA ticket numbers if at all possible, as it makes it easier to collaborate on issues both internally and externally.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- Some of us might like to make free mesh components that would bring some of the advantages pf mesh to those builders who don't want to use 3D authoring software. Others already sell full perm mesh for this sort of thing. The problem for both is that these will always carry the originator's name as creator, which can have all sorts of unwanted consequences. Would it be possible to extend the permissions system with a setting that would allow a single reassignment of the visible creator field on transfer? The originators id could still be keep in the asset database for necessary tracing for security and/or copyright issues. It would be like a display name setup for the creator field.Drongle McMahon
- Mesh Deformer; when will it be implented? Rough indication, please.
- Merchants are able to protect their ingame stores by adding users to their region banlist but still can not do the same for their Marketplace stores, when will this be resolved? Jira regarding this started a Year ago: http://bit.ly/11Jz1qp Beanster Potato
- Will we be able change textures for objects that use the coming Materials System? Will we be able to script normal map swaps? Nalates Urriah
- Enter your topic above here! End with 3 or 4 ~ to add your name or name and date
Nyx Linden, Vir Linden, Prep Linden, and occasional other guest lindens. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31