Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Come discuss any issues around content creation - its challenges, limitations in the tools, workarounds and successes. Land is provided next to the office build for rezzing example content. Bug reports and feature requests should have JIRA ticket numbers if at all possible, as it makes it easier to collaborate on issues both internally and externally.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- What's the status for the importer issue nulling out z coordinates in meshes when face count is 3 or 4, messing up LOD switching scheme? JIRA SH-2837 is referenced to focus on such issue but it seems unavailable or locked. Here's a description of the issue: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/LOD-s-switching-sooner-than-expected/td-p/1353749 Bunnie Mills 11:13, 19 April 2013 (PDT)
- This group's sessions transcripts are not available anymore? Clicking on the recent links leads to pages containing the questions only. Bunnie Mills 11:22, 19 April 2013 (PDT)
- Would it be possible to install, at this meeting venue, a chat repeater that sends local chat, via IM, to residents who cannot attend these meetings and wish to read timely transcripts of them? It could operate on a subscription basis, sending the transcript, en masse, at the conclusion of the meetings, to only those residents who explicitly ask for them. Ivanova Shostakovich 11:00, 21 April 2013 (PDT)Ivanova Shostakovich
- How is download bandwidth for attached mesh limited? Are busy sims (e.g., Fantasy Faire now, SL10B soon) vulnerable to extreme download congestion as many viewers try to load the mesh attachments of each avatar (in addition to the Land Impact-constrained unattached mesh on the sims)? (Question prompted by Monty's post to a forums thread.) Qie 05:57, 22 April 2013 (PDT)
- Why do objects smaller than 1x1x6m disappear at camera distances >150m independently of settings of farClip or renderVolumeLODFactor? (http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Good-LOD-Guide/td-p/1979071 message 9)Drongle McMahon
- The Default animation BVH files listed in the wiki don't work well with the default avatars provided in Blender and other formats. Are there any other copies of the default animation that the Lab may have? Is there anyone that can tell us about how to get copies of the animation or understand how they are supposed to work? Nalates Urriah
- Enter your topic ABOVE this line! End with 3 or 4 ~ to add your name or name and date
Nyx Linden, Vir Linden, Prep Linden, and occasional other guest lindens. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31