Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Come discuss any issues around content creation - its challenges, limitations in the tools, workarounds and successes. Land is provided next to the office build for rezzing example content. Bug reports and feature requests should have JIRA ticket numbers if at all possible, as it makes it easier to collaborate on issues both internally and externally.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Next User Group Meeting: June 3, 2013.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please)
- "Seems that the release on the RC channels has brought about an annoying bug that affects control event triggering in attachment’s child prims after changing regions." The JIRA on this case is locked. References here: http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/sl-jira-issue-discussion/83394-bug-2601-control-event-issues.html and here: http://modemworld.wordpress.com/tag/materials-processing/ Bunnie Mills
- "LOD's switching sooner than expected" aka SH-2837 - this issue was in this group meeting's list a few weeks ago. Sorry to ask again but the JIRA case is still locked, no other source of information. Bunnie Mills
- What are the Linden uses for the following bones in the armature: mSkull, mFootLeft/mFootRight, mToeLeft/mToeRight, and mRoot (found in avatar_lad.xml as the bone the Avatar Center point is parented to)? At the moment, the most common user use for mSkull is a jaw, and the bones beyond mAnkleLeft/mAnkleRight can be animated via edited BVH, but need a 'reset' animation if stopped early. Finally, what would happen to the avatar if the mRoot bone is translated or rotated? Tiberious Neruda
- I know that the issues I'm pointing to are not show-stoppers, but it would be very convenient if they were fixed (in fact, I'm sure the Lab is aware of them): (a) It would be very helpful, now that we have quite large prims available, to allow up to 99% hollow rather than 95%. (b) When an object that has a texture with transparency in it (i.e. a .tga texture with alpha, such as hair textures) is placed in front of a transparent object, the first object becomes transparent in th area where it covers the second transparent object. Do we have an ETA for a fix for this? Mona Eberhardt
- Enter your topic ABOVE this line! End with 3 or 4 ~ to add your name or name and date
Nyx Linden, Vir Linden, Prep Linden, and occasional other guest lindens. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31