Content Creation/Mesh Import User Group
Come discuss any issues around content creation - its challenges, limitations in the tools, workarounds and successes. Land is provided next to the office build for rezzing example content. Bug reports and feature requests should have JIRA ticket numbers if at all possible, as it makes it easier to collaborate on issues both internally and externally.
Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages.
Agenda for the next user group meeting is:
Please add topics below prior to 11:50 AM. Also, please put your SL name down so we can follow up if we have questions. Thanks!
Enter agenda items here (with name, please) Perhaps this has been asked before, but a little recap might be in order.
- What's the current status of the mesh deformer? What features have been requested by content creators? Of these features, which are the most important and which could be omitted or postponed? Mona Eberhardt 15:42, 9 June 2013 (PDT)
- What are the progresses done on SUN-38, please ?... Henri Beauchamp 06:54, 10 June 2013 (PDT)
- Are there any plans for rigged objects? To be clear, not objects you wear, but objects with their own skeletons that are rigged and can be animated? Ivanova Shostakovich 12:00, 10 June 2013 (PDT)
- Is there any plans on a feature that we could replace the SL skeleton with own fully customized skeleton. This would open a lot of possibilities for content creators. Quenemue Cyberstar 11:41, 10 June 2013 (PDT)
- Are there any plans to enhance SL's build tools with capabilities from CSG (Constructive Solid Geometry) CAD applications like PTC's Pro Engineer (currently named "Creo")? Tools like chamfer, extrusion, more prim shapes, ability to drill a hole anywhere on the prim (and on any axis of it, tapering on the Z axis as well... I'm asking, because I saw some engineer friends of mine working with it in RL and was amazed at what it could do. Mona Eberhardt 12:07, 10 June 2013 (PDT)
- Enter your topic ABOVE this line! End with 3 or 4 ~ to add your name or name and date
Nyx Linden, Vir Linden, Prep Linden, and occasional other guest lindens. Please contact one of us if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Links to chat transcripts of past meetings:
Archived Agenda/Meeting Notes
No Usergroup 2012-05-28 (Linden Holiday)
No Usergroup 2012-01-16
No Usergroup 2011-12-26 or 2012-01-02
No meeting took place on 2011-09-05
No meeting took place on 2011-07-04
No meeting took place on 2011-05-31