Content Creation/Scripting User Group/Transcripts/2011 04 18

From Second Life Wiki
< Content Creation‎ | Scripting User Group‎ | Transcripts
Revision as of 10:52, 10 January 2012 by Kelly Linden (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

List of Speakers

Code Aeon
flexi campfire
Latif Khalifa
LegoMan Karu
The Nerd
Thriller Dancer
Void Singer

Transcript

[09:01] Void Singer: lol impeccable timing Kelly

[09:01] Phoenix-FirestormViewer Rocks (tankmaster.finesmith): he posted in IRC he was still having it, and said that also in previous UGs

[09:01] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I will continue to have these meetings forever.

[09:01] Phoenix-FirestormViewer Rocks (tankmaster.finesmith): morning kelly ?

[09:01] Qie (qie.niangao): Yay!

[09:01] En Rosa Helikopter (joshy.aulder): Evening Kelly :D

[09:02] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Perhaps with varying degrees of officialness at worst.

[09:02] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Hey Kelly, I wanted to apologise for blowing up at the last meeting, it was completely uncalled, but I have something related I'd like to discuss today if there's time

[09:02] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): *uncalled for

[09:02] Void Singer: on mondays @ 9am SLT right? amanda has been tweaking the Usergroups page so a few of us were worried

[09:02] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Monday's at 9.

[09:03] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Haravikk, that is all right. And sure we can discuss it, don't let me forget. I have some other stuff I want to get to first though.

[09:03] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): kk, it's not urgent particularly

[09:04] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I expect this will be a small group today because of the calendar issue so we may as well get started. Thanks everyone for coming.

[09:04] Phoenix-FirestormViewer Rocks (tankmaster.finesmith): np

[09:04] En Rosa Helikopter (joshy.aulder): np :D

[09:04] Phoenix-FirestormViewer Rocks (tankmaster.finesmith): seems nicky is havin gissues...

[09:04] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Lets get the meta discussion out of the way first: what *is* up with the calendar?

[09:05] Void Singer: dunno, Amanda was mucking with it last =X

[09:05] Phoenix-FirestormViewer Rocks (tankmaster.finesmith): late April fools joke...

[09:05] Phoenix-FirestormViewer Rocks (tankmaster.finesmith): :P

[09:05] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Scripting is not its own User Group and that is fine by me. For the last year more or less we have been deciding where it best fits.

[09:05] Void Singer: ... according tto the edit log anyways

[09:05] tehKellz (kelly.linden): (oh sorry it was a retorhical question I am trying to answer now)

[09:05] Phoenix-FirestormViewer Rocks (tankmaster.finesmith): hehe

[09:05] Void Singer: =X

[09:05] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Is the Scripting User Group page actually obselete btw? It's marked as such but surely this group has a separate agenda from the others?

[09:06] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Everything currently on the wiki is kinda in limbo as far as I'm concerned

[09:06] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): If Amanda is in charge of the calendar then mb she's edited it mistakenly as well?

[09:06] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): She maybe doesn't realise the meetings are separate rather than bundled in with the other sessions?

[09:06] tehKellz (kelly.linden): There are two sides to scripting - one is the back end and maintenance side - this is actually alot of what we discuss since all bugs and many new function calls fall in this category.

[09:07] tehKellz (kelly.linden): This is where "scripting" has lived for the last year-ish.

[09:07] !!!CCS - MTR - 1.0.3: Maldoror Bowman has detached their meter

[09:08] tehKellz (kelly.linden): However there is a broader "product" for scripting as a subset of the content creation tools. And I am actually excited about thinking about scripting and content creation from end to end as a feature and product.

[09:08] tehKellz (kelly.linden): This is where things like the editor and language improvements (ie C#) would fall.

[09:09] tehKellz (kelly.linden): We have a product owner for Content Creation which is currently focused on Mesh. The "scripting" product is merging with this so that it has a clear owner.

[09:09] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): That mean we might start seeing more Lindens getting assigned to it? IMO scripting is what made Second Life as without interaction it's not the same at all, so is kind of silly that there's not been so active

[09:09] Latif Khalifa: who is this "owner"?

[09:10] tehKellz (kelly.linden): That owner (Charlar some may know from mesh) requested that my meetings etc stay as is while we transition however there was some miscommunication around that which is why the wiki and calendar are kinda out of sync with reality

[09:10] Latif Khalifa: uh oh Charlar in charge of scripting ;)

[09:11] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Haravikk: Really that isn't going to be possible until Mesh finishes, however scripting evolution is relatively high on the list of next projects for the content creation product, so who knows.

[09:11] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I will remain "in charge" to a very large degree. Scripting is a complex and extremely technical issue that it takes a long time to really get up to speed on.

[09:12] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I will be working with Charlar though and he may show up at these meetings.

[09:12] Phoenix-FirestormViewer Rocks (tankmaster.finesmith): glad to have you around then ?

[09:12] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I think that basically covers what is happening regarding this "user group" - any questions about that?

[09:13] Void Singer: none from me, and thanks for clearing that al up

[09:13] Qie (qie.niangao): That's all a big relief. Thanks Kelly.

[09:13] Latif Khalifa: yeah, pretty clear, thanks

[09:13] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Scripting evolution, can you clarify what that includes and in what order? I assume C# and script limits?

[09:14] Cpt. Wootmeister (wooty.spires): Why C# on account that language is mostly focused on applications. Go C++.

[09:14] tehKellz (kelly.linden): script limits is an interesting topic, but mostly C# and the few small projects that are pre-requesites and then more features after C#

[09:15] Phoenix-FirestormViewer Rocks (tankmaster.finesmith): C++ is also largely used for apps, its mainly what the viewer is coded with

[09:15] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Cpt: C# is "managed" and also mostly complete.

[09:15] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Ideally speaking, what would that mean time scale wise? I suppose it's too early to tell but once before you mentioned C# having around 6-9 months of work left on it I think?

[09:15] tehKellz (kelly.linden): We are running user written code inside our own, on our own servers, inside our network. Properly sandboxing is the trick.

[09:15] Latif Khalifa: long long time ago in a far away galaxy... babbage said we'd have c# api draft for review for feedback etc

[09:16] Latif Khalifa: would there still be possibility for feedback on the api before it goes live

[09:16] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I think with an team (3+ devs) there is about 9mo if we focused on C#.

[09:16] tehKellz (kelly.linden): But that is all dependant on starting the project and being staffed well for it. :)

[09:16] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Hmm, so we're looking at least year, most likely more than that?

[09:17] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Latif: Yes. Most of that API is written but there is room for feedback.

[09:17] Latif Khalifa: I would really like to se c# implemented as c# :)

[09:17] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Haravikk: Correct. Probably more since I think there is still a lot to do for Mesh.

[09:18] Latif Khalifa: like Object.Touched += new ObjectTouchedEventHandler(funcThatHandlesTouches)

[09:18] Latif Khalifa: not LSL shoehorned into c#

[09:18] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Latif: that is pretty close to how "event handlers" work in the last iteration of C#

[09:19] Latif Khalifa: c# evet model is perfect match for simulator async event handling

[09:19] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Though we also offer a convenience class you can extend to get LSL-like automatic event registration by declaring the functions you want.

[09:19] tehKellz (kelly.linden): so, both are possible.

[09:19] tehKellz (kelly.linden): That is a discussion that will be more fruitful at a later date though. :)

[09:20] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): You mentioned script limits as being an interesting topic?

[09:20] Latif Khalifa: also it would be nice to have c# 3.0 feature set, now that you got mono 2.6.7 and .net 2.0 compatibility

[09:20] tehKellz (kelly.linden): So .... back to the present

[09:20] Latif Khalifa: (generics, lambda expression, etc )

[09:20] Latif Khalifa: hehe ok. i was dreaming :)

[09:20] tehKellz (kelly.linden): (you will have generics)

[09:21] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Mono 2 upgrade (ie mono2-performance on aditi) is, I think set for RC tomorrow.

[09:21] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I need to verify everything is lined up today and make sure nothing popped up over the weekend.

[09:21] Latif Khalifa: I wish out get bored tomorrow :)

[09:22] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): RC as in the release channel servers?

[09:22] tehKellz (kelly.linden): oh sorry, RCs are wednesdays. I mean it will go to RC this week.

[09:22] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Yeah to some subset of agni.

[09:22] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Do you know which channel? My home's in LeTigre I think, annoying as hell but I wouldn't mind the new Mono one =)

[09:23] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I don't know yet.

[09:23] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I'm sure oskar will announce like he usually does what is going where.

[09:23] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): k

[09:23] Void Singer: got two quick questions on jira privs, what should the default for assignment be (auto on none?) and was there an accidental bonus that let items be opened/closed?

[09:23] tehKellz (kelly.linden): If you have a region you particularly want on the mono 2 upgrade channel shoot me an email and I'll see what I can do.

[09:24] tehKellz (kelly.linden): none and I dunno

[09:24] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I actually need to talk about jira too.

[09:24] En Rosa Helikopter (joshy.aulder): Does it have to be a egion you own? Or can I just say I want Lexington on mono 2?

[09:25] tehKellz (kelly.linden): It needs to be a region you own.

[09:25] En Rosa Helikopter (joshy.aulder): kk

[09:26] tehKellz (kelly.linden): So for jira

[09:26] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I still think separating the scripting issues from the general SVC issues is a good idea, especially considering how many of them there are.

[09:27] tehKellz (kelly.linden): However given the state of flux scripting is in I'm gonna hold off on focusing too heavily on it for a week or two.

[09:27] tehKellz (kelly.linden): This means next week will not be a dedicated jira triage.

[09:28] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): I think the current layout of it is a good way, with them being imported to the project from SVC, it means SVC and VWR can continue to function as a proving ground of sorts

[09:28] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Perhaps more of a free-form triage. :)

[09:28] Void Singer: aww, no ground for my new pets or 3 I just moved over then

[09:29] The Nerd: your emails is kelly@lindenlab.com right?

[09:29] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I find the triages useful so I want to continue them, I just need to make sure we have solid expectations internally and externally for what it all means.

[09:29] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Correct The Nerd.

[09:29] The Nerd: ty :>

[09:29] Phoenix-FirestormViewer Rocks (tankmaster.finesmith): bbiab, headin to scrum

[09:30] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): The thing I wanted to cover actually was how JIRA issues are prioritised, or rather acted upon once acknowledged, I know it doesn't amount to much with things being all over the place as you say, but perhaps it might be a good thing to put on an agenda for one of these free-form weeks?

[09:30] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Ok that is the 30 min mark and all the topics I had planned. Next is open discussion. We can discuss that now Haravikk.

[09:31] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Oh, okay =)

[09:31] Void Singer also noted two oddities... SCR shows as "scripting" in the move list and there are no open/close of workflow action drop downs like SVC and VWR

[09:31] Void Singer: of = or (and that's just an informational note

[09:31] tehKellz (kelly.linden): What would you like it to show in the drop down? SCR - Scripting ?

[09:32] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Well, the think that I got annoyed about last week wasn't really llIntegerToHex() itself, but rather it being dismissed as something C# will make obsolete, as as you say C# is probably well over a year away so LSL is what scripters have to live with

[09:32] Void Singer: prolly make more sense for consistency... was just an oddity

[09:32] [Fur.Tool] v2.4: Designed for Furs around the TG

[09:32] Thriller Dancer: Say 'on' or 'off'to turn me on or off, or 'help' for more commands

[09:33] Code Aeon: ao on

[09:33] tehKellz (kelly.linden): It is tough Haravikk. It is very easy to underestimate the amount of work and overhead that goes into any change no matter how trivial it may seem and that goes double for adding new LSL functions.

[09:33] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): On the other extreme you get issues which are automatically considered low-priority purely because of their complexity, there needs to be some way of weighting an issue's complexity against it's potential benefit. I know I keep using SVC-6300 as an example but it's because I care about that feature so much, but it's also a good example as it's tricky to complex to implement, requires some planning etc., but would be a massive boon to animated interactions

[09:33] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): what is the meaning of this

[09:34] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel) whispers: and WTF ITS PONY BUT ITS NOT PONY

[09:34] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): what is this place

[09:34] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): b off

[09:34] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): oh hey, a linden. (ill shut up now)

[09:34] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Ideally priority would be independant of complexity

[09:34] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): You're right of course, but then with small issues I'm not sure it's always a linear increase, as a bunch of small issues worked on at once can be tested together so they should stillbe considered for any small improvement pushes

[09:36] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Here is the unfortunate and hard truth - we are not devoting any resources to scripting right now. Priotization has 2 possible effects: for the future when we have resourced dedicated to scripting or if it is a system / performance issue that is high enough priority to pull into that domain - which does have a few devs dedicated to it.

[09:37] LegoMan Karu: hello

[09:37] Latif Khalifa: kelly. break it hard then to make it performance problem so it gets resources ;)

[09:37] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): I know, I'm meaning more in future, with the changes occurring that you've mentioned it seems like a good way of prioritising things for actual work are decided in advance if at all possible

[09:38] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Right, so I find that it has value to give priority for that future. At the same time it does need to be clear that just because something is high priority doesn't mean it is going to be worked on "soon".

[09:38] tehKellz (kelly.linden): It is also true that the list of things we could work on for scripting is *huge*.

[09:39] Void Singer sighs: guess that means no llGetLinkCenter, PRIM_POS_LOCAL, or valid 301 redirects for media anytime soon

[09:39] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Right, I suppose the new backlog can help with conveying the scheduling side, at least roughly?

[09:39] tehKellz (kelly.linden): So I also find it useful to try and cull that list and set some expectations for the issues that it is very unlikely we will ever be able to get to (for reasonable values of ever)

[09:39] Latif Khalifa: 301 redirects for media? that sounds like a client thing

[09:40] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Haravikk, yeah that is the idea.

[09:40] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): You should work on llTextBox. it would help greatly for HUDS, tools, passcode authenticators, etc.

[09:40] tehKellz (kelly.linden): llTextBox works in the latest clients.

[09:40] Void Singer: @Latif via duplication of body content into the location header from llHTTPResponse

[09:40] Starship (master.starship): Is textbox not alady done?

[09:40] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): not in viewer 1. sometimes i still use viewer 1.

[09:40] The Nerd: done ages ago

[09:40] En Rosa Helikopter (joshy.aulder): llTextBox has been usable for a long time now

[09:40] tehKellz (kelly.linden): (llTextBox has been a client issue for a very long time, the server work was done ages ago)

[09:40] The Nerd: and now the clientside part is done too

[09:41] tehKellz (kelly.linden): It will never be in viewer 1, sorry.

[09:41] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): ugh

[09:41] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): what ever

[09:41] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): But considering how long scripting has been partly idle I think that that it would be good if we can start getting an idea of how far up the list issues are going to be, so that when work does eventually begin we're getting things that scripters most need or of large benefit

[09:41] Void Singer coughs: but it's in the TPV's

[09:41] Latif Khalifa: you can find it in 1.x based TPVs

[09:41] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Basically allow the triages to maybe start picking out things we'd like to be worked on first

[09:41] Latif Khalifa: (i think even the last snowglobe had it)

[09:42] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Haravikk: exactly. The reason SCR came to be is I wanted the agile/scrum/greenhopper features of jira to have an ordered backlog. Unfortunately I could not retrofit the SVC project to add that capability or I would have.

[09:42] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Really, all I wanted was a script backlog I could order.

[09:42] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): As mostly till now they're just discussing an problems with an issue, their viability etc., but since there haven't been any resources to spare everything is mostly in the "future" pile =)

[09:43] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): OH! something really important that i would like you to fix is that there be NO delay WHATSOEVER when a script listens to a chat entry on any given channel. for example, i am making a gun hud to go with a gun i made, and i want it ot read ammo. i want it so i can put the llWhisper() that tells the hud how much ammo i have to be read instantly upon recieving teh message, so the count on the hud keeps up and doesnt get delayed. to wait for all of the messages to read through.

[09:43] ?????? ????? (programmtest): Hello

[09:43] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Yeah true. The only really useful thing I could do before was close jiras we were very unlikely to be able to do. Now with SCR I have another option (prioritize on a backlist)

[09:44] tehKellz (kelly.linden): And we all know how popular it is when I close jiras.

[09:44] Void Singer: will there be, or is there already, a user level ordered back log view? so that we can all see what is comming up?

[09:45] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Hehe yeah! Well that should be a huge benefit, so should the backlog priority be decided in triage meetings then? How will that happen?

[09:45] tehKellz (kelly.linden): The backlog for the SCR project is public viewable and extremely roughly ordered.

[09:45] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Only Lindens can set the priority order on the backlog, I hope to use some of my meeting time to get input on adjusting that order

[09:46] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Votes kind of give a priority, but some issues are ones that people don't necessarily understand as there are a bunch of very technical ones out there, but important nonetheless

[09:46] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I don't think we can rely on votes sticking around.

[09:46] The Nerd: oh umm

[09:47] The Nerd: are you going to do something about juicing ?

[09:47] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Well, I don't think they should be removed, but like the infamous traffic metric they're not directly useful, but still helpful in a way

[09:47] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I dunno that I will ever have anything more formal than "bring it up at the user group meetings if you disagree with a priority".

[09:47] tehKellz (kelly.linden): The Nerd: maybe some day. Fixing it will break some scripts for really bizarre reasons.

[09:47] The Nerd: fair enough

[09:47] Starship (master.starship): any thimg more formal will get in the way

[09:47] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Haravikk, I agree but that isn't a decision I get to make.

[09:47] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Okay! Well that all makes me much happier in any event =)

[09:48] The Nerd: it would be alot slower too i guess

[09:48] Void Singer: juicing?

[09:48] The Nerd: if you constantly keep checking to see if you're out of time, and you're not, it 'delays' skipping that time check by another check, a tight loop 'integer a=4096;while(--a);' will cause that number to get huuuuge, so you can do things like, call 400 expensive functions all at once, without any time check happening

[09:49] Void Singer: oh that =/

[09:49] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): I thought that had already partly been resolved, or was that C# only? I remember hearing about something to avoid the problem

[09:49] tehKellz (kelly.linden): The problem with fixing it is in how and when we check the memory limits.

[09:50] tehKellz (kelly.linden): We wrote a fix for it a long time ago, just haven't pushed it out.

[09:50] The Nerd: well it's not being abused on a noteworthy scale afaik

[09:50] tehKellz (kelly.linden): 10 minutes

[09:50] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Anyone else with pressing topics?

[09:50] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): um

[09:50] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): me

[09:51] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): actually

[09:51] tehKellz (kelly.linden): ok nero

[09:51] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): i had previously posted a comment that you all were oblivious to

[09:51] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): it was quite hard to ignore too

[09:51] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): ?_?

[09:51] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): ill repost it for you

[09:51] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): OH! something really important that i would like you to fix is that there be NO delay WHATSOEVER when a script listens to a chat entry on any given channel. for example, i am making a gun hud to go with a gun i made, and i want it ot read ammo. i want it so i can put the llWhisper() that tells the hud how much ammo i have to be read instantly upon recieving teh message, so the count on the hud keeps up and doesnt get delayed. to wait for all of the messages to read through.

[09:51] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I didn't really understand what you were trying to say.

[09:51] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): umm

[09:51] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): hmm

[09:51] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): how to explain this

[09:51] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): You want a chat transmission without lag?

[09:51] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): indeed

[09:52] Starship (master.starship): how much lag do you have?

[09:52] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): well

[09:52] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): That sounds like remote method invocation, which coincidentally I have a JIRA issue for somewhere heh, but not really something LSL is well suited to

[09:52] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): im not sure if you truly understand what im saying

[09:52] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): oh

[09:52] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): um

[09:52] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): still confused

[09:52] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Maybe llTriggerSay() would help on that? I keep forgetting the issue number

[09:52] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): but yeah

[09:52] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): trigger say? never heard of it, but ill give it a try

[09:52] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): thankyou

[09:52] Starship (master.starship): Also I have notice I can get chat from objects responding to my chat before I see my own chat

[09:52] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): It's a JIRA issue not a function let I'm afraid

[09:53] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): yeah i feel dumb among you guys. i dont know what JIRA Is

[09:53] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): lol

[09:53] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): you guys are talking about al this stuff

[09:53] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): im like, "WHAAAA????"

[09:54] Void Singer: @Master: that's just a side effect of the lazy way that the viewer handles messages... they remain in proper order on the server

[09:54] tehKellz (kelly.linden): I'm not really sure about ways to reduce the lag in responding receiving chat events..

[09:54] Latif Khalifa: JIRA is a web application that allows bugs to be reported and new features t be requested about SL

[09:54] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): you sure llTriggerSay() is a command? its not coming up as one

[09:54] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Script generally get the chat event as soon as they next run (unless they are already in an event)

[09:54] Latif Khalifa: https://jira.secondlife.com/

[09:54] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): It's not around yet, it's an issue on the JIRA which tracks feature requests and bugs

[09:54] Starship (master.starship): no more that they appear out of order where the reaction is shown before the cause

[09:55] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Starship that is an interesting issue.

[09:55] Latif Khalifa: Starship, that's just chat getting to your viewer out of order

[09:55] Latif Khalifa: it happens with people chat too

[09:55] Void Singer: Master: yeah... it's a viewer problem... the scripts (obviously) see them in correct order

[09:55] [Fur.Tool] v2.4: Visit Furry Plateau for your own free copy

[09:55] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SCR-2

[09:55] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): well, anyway. since you guys seem really knowledgable, could someone tell me of an efficient way to send a string from an attached object to an attached HUD object without any delay or lag?

[09:55] flexi campfire: [#SCR-2] llTargetSay() - region-wide direct communication

[09:55] Thriller Dancer: Say 'on' or 'off'to turn me on or off, or 'help' for more commands

[09:55] Starship (master.starship): Well is it a viewer or server?

[09:55] Haravikk (haravikk.mistral): Helps if I get the name right ;)

[09:55] ??i??? (skills.hak): o.o

[09:56] Latif Khalifa: Starship, it's the pipe between sim and viewer that is unreliable

[09:56] Qie (qie.niangao): be damned sure the channel isn't used for anything else, and that the listening script isn't listening on any other channel (or doing anything else, ever)

[09:57] tehKellz (kelly.linden): nero: That is going to be a complex topic that will involve seeing what the actual code you have is doing to suggest improvments - and not really something we usually have time for at these meetings.

[09:57] Starship (master.starship): I am wondering if it is the server processing chat for scrips and then sending out what the scripts say before the orignial chat

[09:57] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): I understand, kelly, but i was just wondering if one of you could help me out with it in your spare time, and if so, send me a friend request.

[09:58] Starship (master.starship): and it is not a real problem just something I have noticed

[09:58] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): well, ill be going now, leave you guys to your business.

[09:58] Rainbow Cupcake (nero.revestel): bye now.

[09:58] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Check out the forums nero.

[09:58] Void Singer: Nero, you can find several helpful people on the forums in the scripting area that llove to disect and improve code... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Scripting/bd-p/LSLScripting

[09:58] tehKellz (kelly.linden): you can probably get some good help in the scripting forum.

[09:59] tehKellz (kelly.linden): :)

[09:59] Void Singer: GMTA

[09:59] ?????? ????? (programmtest): :d

[09:59] tehKellz (kelly.linden): All right 1 minute ....

[10:00] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Ok, I will be here, same place, same time, next week - regardless of what the calendar says.

[10:00] ?????? ????? (programmtest): ok

[10:00] tehKellz (kelly.linden): Have a good week everyone.

[10:00] Qie (qie.niangao): thanks Kelly!

[10:00] The Nerd: seeya

[10:00] Latif Khalifa: cool. thank you for your time Kelly.

[10:01] Starship (master.starship): thank you