Welcome to the Creation Portal!
This portal is about all things content creation-related in Second Life. Whether it's learning the user interface to build better or discovering Resident-created tools to make cool stuff easier, it belongs here. Since content creation is such a vast field, we're starting small and growing — please add resources you find helpful!
- Clothing Tutorials - Get started with making shirts, skins, and more, and increase your couturian aptitude in Second Life.
- Fashion World of SL - A mega-aggregator which lets you browse many fashion blogs on a single page.
- Avatar Toolbox - Information about making skins, attachments, animation overriders and more.
- Building Tools - The Creation and Editing of Primitives (Prims) using the standard Second Life tools.
- Texture Tools - Texture-making programs and utilities, tutorials, books and DVDs, packs and libraries to help you further your texturing skills.
- Natalia Zelmanov's Tutorials - A wealth of Resident-created guides in categories like jewelry, particles, and sculpties, all compiled neatly.
- In-World Maker Tools - Use these tools to help you create or modify content inworld.
- Trademark - The list of active Real world companies involved in Second Life
- Internal Animations - A complete listing of the animations built into Second Life.
- Animation - A large page/portal about animations. Contains a tutorial on creating an animation in Poser.
- Mesh - Mesh importing was demoed at SLCC 2009. This page is for information about this possible future feature.
- Dazzle - Code name for the upcoming viewer visual update, which aims to modernize Second Life's user interface and pave the way for greater usability & customization. Try it out today!
- Havok4 - The beta testing for the Havok4 implementation (new physics engine) in Second Life is now in process. This page provides information on the project, as well as useful information that will help us all to make sure that Havok4 is tested well before it is rolled throughout the main Second Life grid.
- Sculpted Prims - Prims: the next generation. Come within and learn how to take advantage of the future of modeling.
- Voice - Audio voice chat can assist you in collaborating faster while creating.
- WindLight - Our atmospheric rendering technology. Pretty skies, customizable water, and performance optimizations.
- Machinima - This portal provides information on: machinima (machine animation), machinimatographers, opportunities, features, tips and tricks, software, and machinima events in Second Life.
- Movie Recording - Various tools, tricks, and known issues with recording inworld footage. Whether you make machinima or video bug reports, this may be of use to you.
- Live Performance Home- This portal is a repository of information about live performances in Second Life. Find info on everything from DJ/Scratch performance to Spoken Word to promoters and sponsors.
- Video Tutorials - Find it difficult to follow text and still pictures? Want to learn Second Life in an "over-your-shoulder" way? Visit here — not all of these are about content creation, but many of them are related.
- Debug Settings - Various tweaks to make using Second Life easier, like smoothing mouse motion and "hidden" graphics settings.
- Knowledge Base - Linden Lab's official documentation on a variety of things, including various content creation topics.
- LSL Portal - If you want to learn more about scripting, this is our foremost reference.
- Second Life Develop - Includes a general section, as well as info on how to do business and education in Second Life.