Difference between revisions of "GWA Project/Meeting Summaries/Archive 01"

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(46 intermediate revisions by 7 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{multi-lang}}
+
{{multi-lang}}{{GWA NavBox}}
__NOTOC__
+
__TOC__
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of October 28th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
meeting got canceled.
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of October 26th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: [[User:Alexa Soyer|Alexa Soyer]], [[User:Monalisa Robbiani|Monalisa Robbiani]], [[User:fr43k Paine|fr43k Paine]], [[User:Lore Lamont|Lore Lamont]], [[User:Tistra Oh|Tistra Oh]], [[User:Mayumi Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Timmi Allen|Timmi Allen]], [[User:Carina Raymaker|Carina Raymaker]], [[User:Zai Lynch|Zai Lynch]]
 +
* Timmi gave out his items
 +
* LM will be forwarded to wolwaner
 +
* Various script projects
 +
* fr43k requests suggetions for "tips and tricks" section
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of October 21th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: [[User:Alexa Soyer|Alexa Soyer]], [[User:Monalisa Robbiani|Monalisa Robbiani]], [[User:fr43k Paine|fr43k Paine]], [[User:Mayumi Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Danziel Lane|Danziel Lane]], [[User:Lotte Linden|Lotte Linden]], [[User:Timmi Allen|Timmi Allen]], [[User:Zai Lynch|Zai Lynch]]
 +
 
 +
* Invitation sent for [[User:Wolwaner Jervil|Wolwaner]] and [[User:Timmi Allen|Timmi]]
 +
* [[User:Lotte Linden|Lotte]] will request if the free avatars from [http://slurl.com/secondlife/I-World%20Island/128/128/2 I-World] are available for the freebie shop of the GWA
 +
* GWA members made an excursion around the [http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sculptie%20Experiments/9/223/22 Sculptie Sims].
 +
** [[User:Timmi Allen|Timmi]] offered to box all requested items made by him and place them at the GWA Area for decoration.
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of October 19th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: [[User:Alexa Soyer|Alexa Soyer]], [[User:Monalisa Robbiani|Monalisa Robbiani]], [[User:fr43k Paine|fr43k Paine]], [[User:Mayumi Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Robby Pomeray|Robby Pomeray]], [[User:Carina Raymaker|Carina Raymaker]], [[User:Timmi Allen|Timmi Allen]],
 +
[[User:Wolwaner Jervil|Wolwaner Jervil]], [[User:Fe McCarey|Fe McCarey]], [[User:Zai Lynch|Zai Lynch]]
 +
 
 +
* Discussion with [[User:Wolwaner Jervil|Wolwaner]] on how to manage the LMs at the UFO.
 +
** Decision to provide a collection of LMs with short description instead of single LMs
 +
** LMs will be maintained by Wolwaner.
 +
*[[User:Timmi Allen|Timmi]] showed some of his sculpty creations
 +
**He offered to contribute any sculpties he already made and which fit the theme.
 +
**Creations can be found at the [http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sculptie%20Experiments/2/226/22 Sculptie Experiments] sim.
 +
**These creations can be customized.
 +
*[[User:Wolwaner Jervil|Wolwaners]] and [[User:Timmi Allen|Timmis]] names will be forwarded to Jean so they can join the group.
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of October 14th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: [[User:Alexa Soyer|Alexa Soyer]], [[User:Jean Linden|Jean Linden]], [[User:Lore Lamont|Lore Lamont]], [[User:Monalisa Robbiani|Monalisa Robbiani]], [[User:fr43k Paine|fr43k Paine]], [[User:Mayumi Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Robby Pomeray|Robby Pomeray]], [[User:Carina Raymaker|Carina Raymaker]], [[User:Danziel Lane|Danziel Lane]], [[User:Fe McCarey|Fe McCarey]], [[User:Zai Lynch|Zai Lynch]]
 +
 
 +
* Meetings with Jean will be from 10:30 - 11:00 AM on Tuesdays from now on.
 +
* [[GWA Project/Promoted Resources|Promoted Resources List]] is OK, but trademark issue prevents LL from linking the forums
 +
** Jean will post a comment in the SL forum on how to be added to the list.
 +
** Those who are on the list need to provide:
 +
***brief description
 +
***slurl
 +
***picture
 +
*[http://world.secondlife.com/group/1c485c42-25d7-e897-e3b6-eb6adf71dd79 Willkommen Deutschland] group:
 +
**Inactive members of Willkommen Deutschland will become removed from the group in case they didn't log in within the last 6 month.
 +
**Timeframe might decrease depending on the membercount afterwards. Up for discussion at next weeks meeting with Jean.
 +
**Jean will ask if it is possible to automatically add new Residents to this group, so the group can be used as a help resource.
 +
 
 +
After the meeting with Jean, the design and size of the city was discussed. There was also a poll if the landscape should be terraformed again. 2 members wanted a constant rise in the height from the beach to the mountain. 1 member didn't agree. 7 members had no preferences.
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of October 12th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: [[User:Alexa Soyer|Alexa Soyer]], [[User:Monalisa Robbiani|Monalisa Robbiani]], [[User:fr43k Paine|fr43k Paine]], [[User:Mayumi Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Carina Raymaker|Carina Raymaker]], [[User:Draegan Randt|Draegan Randt]], [[User:Danziel Lane|Danziel Lane]], [[User:Fe McCarey|Fe McCarey]], [[User:Zai Lynch|Zai Lynch]]
 +
 
 +
*[[User:Danziel Lane|Danziel]] wants to still take part in the project, regardless of the future of his mentor status, but wants to observe the current status of the project before taking further steps.
 +
*Freebie Shop:
 +
**[[User:Lore Lamont|Lore]] and [[User:fr43k Paine|fr43k]] will ask NCI about terms of use of their freebie vendor and might box the useful freebies.
 +
**Everyone is encourage to collect useful freebies and present them at the freebie shop till next sunday where the group can decide which one to take.
 +
*A list of forums, 3rd party tutorials, etc became compiled and is stored at [[GWA Project/Promoted Resources]].
 +
*[[User:Zai Lynch|zai]] will contact [[User:Wolwaner Jervil|Wolwaner Jervil]] of [http://members.a1.net/secondlife/ SL guided tours] to ask for collaboration regarding the sightseeing UFO.
 +
*The planning groups of Sim 3 and 4 will try to meet on Tuesday (after the meeting with Jean) in order to discuss the city & park area. Every member of the planning group should become familiar with http://doodle.de/main.html in order to find another meeting date if needed.
 +
*There won't be a parcel at the sims which is restricted to mentors only.
 +
*Sim planning groups are encouraged to update the [[GWA Project/Welcome Area Concept|Welcome Area Concept]] or to forward their decisions to [[User:Zai Lynch|zai]].
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
 
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of October 7th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: [[User:Alexa Soyer|Alexa Soyer]], [[User:Monalisa Robbiani|Monalisa Robbiani]], [[User:fr43k Paine|fr43k Paine]], [[User:Jean Linden|Jean Linden]], [[User:Mayumi Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Carina Raymaker|Carina Raymaker]], [[User:Robby Pomeray|Robby Pomeray]],  [[User:Fe McCarey|Fe McCarey]], [[User:Zai Lynch|Zai Lynch]]
 +
 
 +
* Future meetings with Jean will be held one our later. So they will be Tuesdays at 11AM SLT instead of 10AM SLT.
 +
* Jean will ask Lotte about community / CG advertisement at the GWA sims
 +
** GWA Members will provide a basic set of locations / communities which they consider useful. These will be reviewed by Jean, accepted/declined/modified. All other communities which are not included might apply for an advertising spot by Jean.
 +
**Ads might be placed in a building in the city, which is a little bigger than the school building at the Schiller sim.
 +
**All advertised resources need to be PG.
 +
**Content might be sorted into categories such as: Educational areas, CGs, 3rd party tutorials, help tools, localized help places (e.g. ivory tower), communities with a big forum, maybe companies which offer help resources.
 +
*Discussion about LL <> Resident interaction.
 +
*Discussion about motivation for the project.
 +
*Statement: Be proactive and commicate with your teammembers.
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of October 5th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: [[User:Alexa Soyer|Alexa Soyer]], [[User:Monalisa Robbiani|Monalisa Robbiani]], [[User:fr43k Paine|fr43k Paine]], [[User:Mayumi Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Kephra Nurmi|Kephra Nurmi]], [[User:Lore Lamont|Lore Lamont]], [[User:Carina Raymaker|Carina Raymaker]], [[User:Zai Lynch|Zai Lynch]] as well as several alts ^^
 +
 
 +
*Brainstorming on what to add to the school building at the OI
 +
*Excursion to an underwater sim to get inspiration for underwater area
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of September 28th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees:  [[User:Alexa Soyer|Alexa Soyer]], [[User:Zai Lynch|Zai Lynch]], [[User:Monalisa Robbiani|Monalisa Robbiani]], [[User:fr43k Paine|fr43k Paine]], [[User:Mayumi Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Tistra Oh|Tistra Oh]], [[User:Draegan Randt|Draegan Randt]], [[User:Carbon Sirbu|Carbon Sirbu]], [[User:Lore Lamont|Lore Lamont]], [[User:Robby Pomeray|Robby Pomeray]], [[User:Carina Raymaker|Carina Raymaker]]
 +
 
 +
*Fr43k told us about already finished Notecards and asked for help with some unfinished ones. These were sent via grouü notice.
 +
*Lore asks for further ideas for Newbie-friendly Landmarks with few advertising. Please forward some to her in case you got ideas.
 +
*Tistra asked for feedback to her textures and aggreed that she should continue that way.
 +
*Alexa and Lore finished all newbie-textures.
 +
*Carbon and fr43k will coordinate their notecards. Knowledge provided by the notecards content will be extendet at the tutorials.
 +
*We'll use the German word "Du" instead of "Sie".
 +
*Carbon asked if we'd provide slow vehicles which are easy to use, for the Move Tutorial. She'll create a rez/derez script which will also be used at the boats later.
 +
*Appearance tutorials: A hat to attach, since it's a good way to practice/learn that there are more attachment points available than just "hand" and "skull"
 +
*Waypoint for other stations will be mentioned. (?)
 +
*The stations will get an object at the central pillar, which fits to the topic.
 +
*Carina placed guide posts.
 +
*Robby will think about decoration of the Sim.
 +
*Fr43k began terraforming at the other sims and prepared some decoration.
 +
*All objects are supposed to be set to group. Smaller objects should be copiable. This doesn't apply for huge final objects.
 +
*Alexa suggested that small groups should start to work on detailed concepts for parts of the sims.
 +
Gruppen:
 +
#Beach (SIM2): Tistra, Mona, Lore, Draegan,
 +
#Sandbox/Park (SIM3):  Carina, Carbon, fr43k
 +
#City/Shops (SIM4): Alexa, Mayumi, Zai, Robby
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
 
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of September 21st 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer, fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, TalinaQ Yao, Kephra Nurmi
 +
 
 +
* Reviewed new pictures of new Resident avatars for display made by Alexa
 +
* Talked about new ideas for upcoming decorations
 +
* Checked the progress of several other tasks
 +
</div></div>
 +
<div id="box">
 +
 
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of September 14th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer, Mayumi Fride, Carina Raymaker, Zai Lynch
 +
 
 +
* Carina transfered pictures of new Resident avatars for display
 +
* Conceptual discussion about welcome area part
 +
* Preparation for the special builders meeting on Tuesday.
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of September 10th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer, fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, Carina Raymaker, Lore Lamont, Lotte Linden, Jean Linden, Zai Lynch
 +
 
 +
* Brainstorming on how to increase group activity
 +
* Posting at the [http://forums.secondlife.com/showthread.php?t=281202?lang=de Second Life Forum]
 +
* No deadline for building
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of August 30th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer, fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, Carina Raymaker, Lore Lamont, Carbon Sirbu, Robby Pomeray
 +
 
 +
* Checked member activity
 +
* Each group member took over a specific task, as shown here: [[GWA_Project/Skills_Listing]].
 +
* Group revisited each island to discuss the layout of textures and notecard content for the tutorial signs and related stations.
 +
* Group discussed and planed upcoming content for Island 6 through 8 and final station #9, as described in here: [[GWA_Project/OI_Concept]].
 +
* Group took a time out and was dancing in the club :)
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
 
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of September 2nd 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer, Lotte Linden, Jean Linden, fr34k Paine, Lore Lamont
 +
 
 +
* Advertisement to recrute builders from other groups will be sent within the next few days.
 +
* Jean and Lotte will place advertisement for it at secondlife.com
 +
* A meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 16th at 10 AM SLT (19:00 GMT) with all interested builders.
 +
* Requirements to join the group are listet at [[GWA Project/Aufnahmebedingungen]].
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of August 30th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer, Fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, Carina Raymaker, Lore Lamont, Sabah Back
 +
 
 +
* Attendees attended an orientation island walkthrough and created notes about possible content for these islands.
 +
* Updated notes are listed at [[GWA Project/OI Concept]].
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of August 26th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
Attendees: Alexa Soyer, fr43k Paine, MonaLisa Robbiani, Lore Lamont, Jean Linden, Zai Lynch
 +
 
 +
* Notecard with suggested copyright regulations and membership requirements is forwarded to Jean Linden for approval
 +
* Notes will be published when approved
 +
* Advertising for more builders will start when the first sim is finished
 +
* fr43k Paine will create notes for the learning path
 +
* chieni Beck might create textures for the learning path
 +
* Zai Lynch and someone else will try to update the Wiki pages and keep them up-to-date
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of August 5th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
'''Jean Linden Office Hour''':
 +
 
 +
Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Carina Raymaker, Carbon Sirbu, fr43k Paine, Monalisa Robbiani, Robby Pommeray
 +
 
 +
* "Mentorizing" of non-mentors is still pending. Jean will contact Blue again
 +
* Jean agreed to invite the non mentors in the GWA officers group after checking formal requirements of mentorship and Mona and Robby standing surety for them
 +
* New builders role in group GWA officers has been created and assigned to all members of the group
 +
* Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer and Carina Raymaker are estate managers of the SIMs
 +
 
 +
'''Meeting:'''
 +
 
 +
Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Carina Raymaker, Carbon Sirbu, fr43k Paine, Isabell Ewing, Mayumi Fride, Monalisa Robbiani, Shea Slocombe
 +
 
 +
* Position of the islands for the stations have been set out. Farther landscaping will be done on each island while building the particular station
 +
* Carbon Sirbu distributed landscaping tools ("Landroller"), allowing an effective and controlled landscaping much more precisely then the manual raise and lower nmethod of selected areas.
 +
* Each station will be developed cooperatively in the same way as the overall layout has been done
 +
* Suggestions for design of specific islands or elements like the stations, bridges etc. can be rezzed at Goethe
 +
* Future meetings will be hold at the OI itself
 +
* The islands should show the diverse of SL, but in a temperate zone representing European climate (e.g ranging from alpine hills to north sea shore)
 +
** Rezpoint on an alpine hill, having the impression to overlook a mountain lake? (''Monalisa Robbiani'')
 +
** Maybe something freaky in a skybox - linked with the fly tutorial? (''fr43k Paine, Carina Raymaker'')
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
 
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of August 03rd 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
 
 +
Attendees:
 +
Alexa Soyer, Carina Raymaker, Carbon Sirbu, chieni Beck, fr43k Paine, Isabell Ewing, Mayumi Fride, Monalisa Robbiani, Niewi Benelli (left early), Robby Pommeray (arrived at the end of meeting), Shea Slocombe
 +
 
 +
'''Meeting:'''
 +
 
 +
* Basic order of the stations on OI
 +
**Movement
 +
**Appearance
 +
**Communicate
 +
**Inventory
 +
**Media
 +
**Hints, Tips & Tricks
 +
**Outlook to the Welcome Area
 +
**Access to "the real Word" (leading to the Welcome Area)
 +
 
 +
* Topic suggestions for each station and their layout
 +
**Put to the next meeting
 +
 
 +
* Fix the wiki links
 +
**Not everyone can reproduce Monas objections regarding broken redirects. Mona will send detailed info about the links not working to Carina who will inspect the redirects ans eventually fix them.
 +
 
 +
* Estimated expenses the group will have building the OI
 +
** Decision: only own builds or Freebies. So no cost for prebuild things
 +
** Estimated expenses for uploads: 10.000L$
 +
 
 +
* Blueprints for the sims?
 +
**Megaprims could hinder the landscaping. Better scaled models and setting out the parcels
 +
 
 +
* Roles of estate managers
 +
**alexa soyer *
 +
**carbon sirbu
 +
**carina raymaker *
 +
**isabell ewing
 +
**monalisa robbiani *
 +
''those marked with (*) are SL-Mentors already and should be added to the role as soon as possible''
 +
 
 +
* Permissions for builders
 +
**Mona will propose to set up a new role "Builder" in the officers group and assign some rights missing in the "Everyone" role. Carina will provide an abilities list to Mona before the meeting with Jean
 +
 
 +
* Proposal for agenda for next meeting with Jean
 +
**New builder role in the officers group; assign to participants
 +
**Ask again for the actual state of affairs of the "mentorizing" of non-mentors who want to participate in the project
 +
**Possibility of inviting the non-mentors in the officers group? While the building phase the SIM is technically not an OI limited to mentors. So the delay caused by the "mentorizing procedure" could be bridged.
 +
**Install Estate Managers
 +
</div></div>
 +
 
 +
<div id="box">
 +
 
 +
== Summary of the Meeting of July 27th 2008 ==
 +
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
 +
 
 +
Attendees: Carbon Sirbu, chieni Beck, Robby Pomeray, Isabell Ewing, Lisa Lowe, Alexa Soyer, Monalisa Robbiani, Mayumi Fride, fr34k Paine, sven Homewood, Shea Slocombe, Carina Raymaker
 +
 
 +
'''Meeting:'''
 +
 
 +
*Summary of the current project status.
 +
Addition: ''The current group was not interested in a project based way usually in place for these kind of projects, introductions and sharing ideas with newcomer Lisa.'' [[User:Lisa Lowe|Lisa Lowe]] 15:02, 27 July 2008 (PDT)
 +
*From now on we are using voice to speed up the meetings. Due to problems with voice we have an additional TeamSpeak server set up for us so we can switch to it when necessary.
 +
Addition: Due to previous decision, Lisa Lowe resigned from this project, not being able to use Voice. Lisa stated: ''a 'majority vote' (7 voted yes) is not a good base for forcing everyone to using Voice and basically ruling out everyone else interested.'' Considerations not being able to follow German smalltalk in Voice were neglected. [[User:Lisa Lowe|Lisa Lowe]] 15:02, 27 July 2008 (PDT)
 +
*Summaries of the meetings will be posted to the wiki because of missing transcripts.
 +
Addition: ''Lisa Lowe added: Voice transcripts are only reflections of what one wants to hear (my additions prove that already). Text transcripts rule that out.'' [[User:Lisa Lowe|Lisa Lowe]] 15:02, 27 July 2008 (PDT)
 +
*Notecards sent through the German Mentors Group  will be forwarded to either Carina or Carbon to ensure communication.
 +
Addition: ''The group stated "you have to speak German to be able to join the German mentors group". Conclusion: Everyone else will not be able to receive info through this group if not in it (before this?).'' [[User:Lisa Lowe|Lisa Lowe]] 15:02, 27 July 2008 (PDT)
 +
*Sims will be closed while building works are under way. The fortress will be staying at its current location.
 +
*Estate rights: Only for a small group of experts.
 +
*Question about land/ban rights after the build is finished.
 +
*It is required to be an SL Mentor to join the project's officers group.
 +
*Forwarded list of mentor applicants to Blue Linden to possibly speed up the process.
 +
*Additional OI model presented by fr34k Paine, Monalisa Robbiani and Alexa Soyer.
 +
*The 3d models are now accessible by everyone at Park East.
 +
*Wiki Editing Policy: No editing of content without asking for permission. If you want to add a comment please do so and signature it but please don't delete the previous comment because of yours.
 +
*A company outing to the newbie path built and being built by Carbon Sirbu, called 'Deutsches Tutorium'.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
</div></div>
  
  
Line 6: Line 321:
  
 
== Summary of the Meeting of July 23th 2008 ==  
 
== Summary of the Meeting of July 23th 2008 ==  
<div style="padding: 0.5em">  
+
<div style="padding: 0.5em">
'''Meeting''':
+
'''Jean Linden Office Hour''':
The intention was to discuss the plans with Jean Linden at her office hour. Jean however was in favour of prosponing that to a seperate meeting on tuesday july 29th 2008 at 10 am SLT instead of in her casual Office Hour.
+
 
 +
Attendees: <not recorded>
 +
 
 +
The intention was to discuss the plans with Jean Linden at her office hour. Jean however was in favor of postponing that to a separate meeting on Tuesday July 29, 2008 at 10 am SLT instead of in her casual Office Hour.
 +
 
 +
'''Meeting:'''
 +
 
 +
Attendees: [[User:Monalisa_Robbiani|Monalisa Robbiani]], [[User:Zai_Lynch|Zai Lynch]], [[User:Lisa_Lowe|Lisa Lowe]], [[User:Mayumi Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Carbon Sirbu|Carbon Sirbu]]
 +
 
 +
Because most where not able to attend the meeting afterwards. It's basically skipped. [[Meeting_Agenda|Next meeting Sunday July 27, 2008 10am SLT]] (19:00 in Germany time).
 +
 
 +
 
 +
'''Additional'''
 +
 
 +
Monalisa Robbiani findings talking to Jean:
 +
Please refer to group notices sent by Ethan and myself to the "German Welcome Area Officers" group (Summary: Land ownership moved to Jean, land set to group, land is public for the time being.)
 +
 
 +
''(Please use the wiki and post the announcements (notices) on here somewhere. Not everyone involved in this project is a member of all those groups (yet). Besides that, lots of notices get lost or are overlooked. Using the wiki can keep everyone up to date. Thanks [[User:Lisa Lowe|Lisa Lowe]] 01:30, 25 July 2008 (PDT))''
  
Because most where not able to attend the meeting afterwards. It's basically skipped.
 
 
</div></div>
 
</div></div>
  
 
<div id="box">
 
<div id="box">
 +
 
== Summary of the Meeting of July 20th 2008 ==  
 
== Summary of the Meeting of July 20th 2008 ==  
 
Attendees: [[User:Monalisa_Robbiani|Monalisa Robbiani]], [[User:Zai_Lynch|Zai Lynch]], [[User:Lisa_Lowe|Lisa Lowe]], [[User:Carbon Sirbu|Carbon Sirbu]], [[User:KleineSphinx Lane|KleineSphinx Lane]], [[User:Carina Raymaker|Carina Raymaker]], [[User:Mayumi Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Torben Trautman|Torben Trautman]], [[User:Danziel Lane|Danziel Lane]], [[User:Mayumi_Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Shea_Slocombe|Shea Slocombe]], [[User:chieni_Beck|chieni Beck]], [[User:Trent_Mavendorf|Trent Mavendorf]]
 
Attendees: [[User:Monalisa_Robbiani|Monalisa Robbiani]], [[User:Zai_Lynch|Zai Lynch]], [[User:Lisa_Lowe|Lisa Lowe]], [[User:Carbon Sirbu|Carbon Sirbu]], [[User:KleineSphinx Lane|KleineSphinx Lane]], [[User:Carina Raymaker|Carina Raymaker]], [[User:Mayumi Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Torben Trautman|Torben Trautman]], [[User:Danziel Lane|Danziel Lane]], [[User:Mayumi_Fride|Mayumi Fride]], [[User:Shea_Slocombe|Shea Slocombe]], [[User:chieni_Beck|chieni Beck]], [[User:Trent_Mavendorf|Trent Mavendorf]]
Line 37: Line 369:
 
##Requirements to join the ''German Welcome Area Officers'' group (e.g.: are non-mentors allowed?)
 
##Requirements to join the ''German Welcome Area Officers'' group (e.g.: are non-mentors allowed?)
 
##How to apply for the group?
 
##How to apply for the group?
##Is it possible to re-animate the ''Willkommen Deutschland'' group in that way that every new Resident who arrives at the GWA becomes ''automatically'' added to the group? (New residents would find a community and help there)
+
##{{anchor|willkommendeutschland}}Is it possible to re-animate the ''Willkommen Deutschland'' group in that way that every new Resident who arrives at the GWA becomes ''automatically'' added to the group? (New residents would find a community and help there)
 
##In case the previous point is allowed, is it possible to turn the group into a ''one way'' group. So people become added automatically but it is no open enrolement, so spamming is to a minimum. Only new Residents and Mentors can join.
 
##In case the previous point is allowed, is it possible to turn the group into a ''one way'' group. So people become added automatically but it is no open enrolement, so spamming is to a minimum. Only new Residents and Mentors can join.
 
##Is it possible to clean the ''Willkommen Deutschland'' group from people who weren't logged in for more then 6 or 12 month? It would make group chat and notices more reliable and speed up the load. (Proposal from [[User:Robby Pomeray|Robby]] & [[User:Zai Lynch|Zai]], not part of the meeting).
 
##Is it possible to clean the ''Willkommen Deutschland'' group from people who weren't logged in for more then 6 or 12 month? It would make group chat and notices more reliable and speed up the load. (Proposal from [[User:Robby Pomeray|Robby]] & [[User:Zai Lynch|Zai]], not part of the meeting).
Line 45: Line 377:
 
'''On OI:'''
 
'''On OI:'''
 
#New Residents should be able to leave the trail at any given moment.
 
#New Residents should be able to leave the trail at any given moment.
#New Residents should start in a exhibition room/hall which allows them to spot exhibits which advertise parts of SL culture. It should be a motiviation on why to continue their virtual life.
+
#New Residents should start in a exhibition room/hall which allows them to spot exhibits which advertise parts of SL culture. It should be a motivation on why to continue their virtual life.
 
#Try to use self explanatory pictures for tutorials (''NCI''-, ''Melting Dot''- and ''Metaverse Mentor''-style)
 
#Try to use self explanatory pictures for tutorials (''NCI''-, ''Melting Dot''- and ''Metaverse Mentor''-style)
 
#Try to provide examples and connect them with SL culture.
 
#Try to provide examples and connect them with SL culture.
Line 101: Line 433:
 
*Application as an endorsed group? - Agreed ([[German_Mentors_(Endorsed_Group_Entry)|Endorsed Group Entry]]).
 
*Application as an endorsed group? - Agreed ([[German_Mentors_(Endorsed_Group_Entry)|Endorsed Group Entry]]).
 
'''Project: OI''':
 
'''Project: OI''':
*Conceptional ideas for buildings at a SLVI parcel for German Mentors. - No unique information availabe. Land won for building should be used for the group activities. Representatives will provide a list of mentors that claimed land there and will find out, when these parcels have to be ready for use.
+
*Conceptional ideas for buildings at a SLVI parcel for German Mentors. - No unique information available. Land won for building should be used for the group activities. Representatives will provide a list of mentors that claimed land there and will find out, when these parcels have to be ready for use.
 
*Do we agree that Concept 2 as described in the wiki is a plan worth to work with? - Agreed.
 
*Do we agree that Concept 2 as described in the wiki is a plan worth to work with? - Agreed.
 
*[[German Mentors/German OI Concept|German OI Concept]]
 
*[[German Mentors/German OI Concept|German OI Concept]]
Line 114: Line 446:
 
*We will try to organize a Q&A Session with [[User:Blue Linden|Blue Linden]] and experienced OI builders to get suggestions, tips & tricks.
 
*We will try to organize a Q&A Session with [[User:Blue Linden|Blue Linden]] and experienced OI builders to get suggestions, tips & tricks.
 
*German Mentors are generally interested in becoming an endorsed group.
 
*German Mentors are generally interested in becoming an endorsed group.
*There will be elections of 3 (three) representatives/leaders of the German Mentors group at the next meeting on sunday.
+
*There will be elections of 3 (three) representatives/leaders of the German Mentors group at the next meeting on Sunday.
*Conceptional ideas for buildings at a SLVI parcel for German Mentors can be posted at the forum. It's also a topic on the agenda for next sundays meeting.
+
*Conceptional ideas for buildings at a SLVI parcel for German Mentors can be posted at the forum. It's also a topic on the agenda for next Sundays meeting.
 
*Drafts for a new German Mentors logo will be posted at the forum.
 
*Drafts for a new German Mentors logo will be posted at the forum.
 
*The forum will be open for anyone to read.
 
*The forum will be open for anyone to read.
Line 128: Line 460:
 
*Suggestions for names of the planned sims should be posted [http://slgm.eb-news.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11 at this thread]. In case Jean Linden confirmes that the Names of the Sims can be changed, there will be a vote at the next meeting.
 
*Suggestions for names of the planned sims should be posted [http://slgm.eb-news.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11 at this thread]. In case Jean Linden confirmes that the Names of the Sims can be changed, there will be a vote at the next meeting.
 
*Additional help groups and communities might be contacted in order to help the German Mentors with certain (previously planned) projects.
 
*Additional help groups and communities might be contacted in order to help the German Mentors with certain (previously planned) projects.
*The topic ''Giefing problems, especially with a proposed sandbox coming (from [[User:Keumjoo Ahn|Keumjoo Ahn]])'' was postponed.
+
*The topic ''Griefing problems, especially with a proposed sandbox coming (from [[User:Keumjoo Ahn|Keumjoo Ahn]])'' was postponed.
 
*As decided on an earlier meeting already, one of the four islands will become a stand alone, linear OI.
 
*As decided on an earlier meeting already, one of the four islands will become a stand alone, linear OI.
 
*There should be suggestions made for Sim 1 to 4 within the next week.
 
*There should be suggestions made for Sim 1 to 4 within the next week.
Line 134: Line 466:
 
*The EM should be abolished.
 
*The EM should be abolished.
 
*Discussions will be held in German, summaries will be posted in German and translated to English.
 
*Discussions will be held in German, summaries will be posted in German and translated to English.
*Summeries of meetings will be posted at the wiki in English and German by [[User:Zai Lynch|Zai Lynch]], in case every agenda item got a formulated and accepted conclusion, which is expressed during the meeting.
+
*Summaries of meetings will be posted at the wiki in English and German by [[User:Zai Lynch|Zai Lynch]], in case every agenda item got a formulated and accepted conclusion, which is expressed during the meeting.
 
*The German Mentors apply for a parcel at [[SL5B]]. This will be coordinated by [[User:Gunter Gustav|Gunter Gustav]], [[User:TalinaQ Yao|TalinaQ Yao]], [[User:Peter Houston|Peter Houston]] and [[User:Sexina Babii|sexina Babii]]. This should take place in cooperation with the [[German speaking Linguists]], if possible
 
*The German Mentors apply for a parcel at [[SL5B]]. This will be coordinated by [[User:Gunter Gustav|Gunter Gustav]], [[User:TalinaQ Yao|TalinaQ Yao]], [[User:Peter Houston|Peter Houston]] and [[User:Sexina Babii|sexina Babii]]. This should take place in cooperation with the [[German speaking Linguists]], if possible
 
*Agenda items from [[User:Danziel Lane|Danziel Lane]] will be discussed at the connected [http://slgm.eb-news.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7 forum posting].
 
*Agenda items from [[User:Danziel Lane|Danziel Lane]] will be discussed at the connected [http://slgm.eb-news.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7 forum posting].

Latest revision as of 11:07, 5 November 2008

Summary of the Meeting of October 28th 2008

meeting got canceled.

Summary of the Meeting of October 26th 2008

Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Monalisa Robbiani, fr43k Paine, Lore Lamont, Tistra Oh, Mayumi Fride, Timmi Allen, Carina Raymaker, Zai Lynch

  • Timmi gave out his items
  • LM will be forwarded to wolwaner
  • Various script projects
  • fr43k requests suggetions for "tips and tricks" section

Summary of the Meeting of October 21th 2008

Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Monalisa Robbiani, fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, Danziel Lane, Lotte Linden, Timmi Allen, Zai Lynch

  • Invitation sent for Wolwaner and Timmi
  • Lotte will request if the free avatars from I-World are available for the freebie shop of the GWA
  • GWA members made an excursion around the Sculptie Sims.
    • Timmi offered to box all requested items made by him and place them at the GWA Area for decoration.

Summary of the Meeting of October 19th 2008

Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Monalisa Robbiani, fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, Robby Pomeray, Carina Raymaker, Timmi Allen, Wolwaner Jervil, Fe McCarey, Zai Lynch

  • Discussion with Wolwaner on how to manage the LMs at the UFO.
    • Decision to provide a collection of LMs with short description instead of single LMs
    • LMs will be maintained by Wolwaner.
  • Timmi showed some of his sculpty creations
    • He offered to contribute any sculpties he already made and which fit the theme.
    • Creations can be found at the Sculptie Experiments sim.
    • These creations can be customized.
  • Wolwaners and Timmis names will be forwarded to Jean so they can join the group.

Summary of the Meeting of October 14th 2008

Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Jean Linden, Lore Lamont, Monalisa Robbiani, fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, Robby Pomeray, Carina Raymaker, Danziel Lane, Fe McCarey, Zai Lynch

  • Meetings with Jean will be from 10:30 - 11:00 AM on Tuesdays from now on.
  • Promoted Resources List is OK, but trademark issue prevents LL from linking the forums
    • Jean will post a comment in the SL forum on how to be added to the list.
    • Those who are on the list need to provide:
      • brief description
      • slurl
      • picture
  • Willkommen Deutschland group:
    • Inactive members of Willkommen Deutschland will become removed from the group in case they didn't log in within the last 6 month.
    • Timeframe might decrease depending on the membercount afterwards. Up for discussion at next weeks meeting with Jean.
    • Jean will ask if it is possible to automatically add new Residents to this group, so the group can be used as a help resource.

After the meeting with Jean, the design and size of the city was discussed. There was also a poll if the landscape should be terraformed again. 2 members wanted a constant rise in the height from the beach to the mountain. 1 member didn't agree. 7 members had no preferences.

Summary of the Meeting of October 12th 2008

Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Monalisa Robbiani, fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, Carina Raymaker, Draegan Randt, Danziel Lane, Fe McCarey, Zai Lynch

  • Danziel wants to still take part in the project, regardless of the future of his mentor status, but wants to observe the current status of the project before taking further steps.
  • Freebie Shop:
    • Lore and fr43k will ask NCI about terms of use of their freebie vendor and might box the useful freebies.
    • Everyone is encourage to collect useful freebies and present them at the freebie shop till next sunday where the group can decide which one to take.
  • A list of forums, 3rd party tutorials, etc became compiled and is stored at GWA Project/Promoted Resources.
  • zai will contact Wolwaner Jervil of SL guided tours to ask for collaboration regarding the sightseeing UFO.
  • The planning groups of Sim 3 and 4 will try to meet on Tuesday (after the meeting with Jean) in order to discuss the city & park area. Every member of the planning group should become familiar with http://doodle.de/main.html in order to find another meeting date if needed.
  • There won't be a parcel at the sims which is restricted to mentors only.
  • Sim planning groups are encouraged to update the Welcome Area Concept or to forward their decisions to zai.

Summary of the Meeting of October 7th 2008

Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Monalisa Robbiani, fr43k Paine, Jean Linden, Mayumi Fride, Carina Raymaker, Robby Pomeray, Fe McCarey, Zai Lynch

  • Future meetings with Jean will be held one our later. So they will be Tuesdays at 11AM SLT instead of 10AM SLT.
  • Jean will ask Lotte about community / CG advertisement at the GWA sims
    • GWA Members will provide a basic set of locations / communities which they consider useful. These will be reviewed by Jean, accepted/declined/modified. All other communities which are not included might apply for an advertising spot by Jean.
    • Ads might be placed in a building in the city, which is a little bigger than the school building at the Schiller sim.
    • All advertised resources need to be PG.
    • Content might be sorted into categories such as: Educational areas, CGs, 3rd party tutorials, help tools, localized help places (e.g. ivory tower), communities with a big forum, maybe companies which offer help resources.
  • Discussion about LL <> Resident interaction.
  • Discussion about motivation for the project.
  • Statement: Be proactive and commicate with your teammembers.

Summary of the Meeting of October 5th 2008

Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Monalisa Robbiani, fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, Kephra Nurmi, Lore Lamont, Carina Raymaker, Zai Lynch as well as several alts ^^

  • Brainstorming on what to add to the school building at the OI
  • Excursion to an underwater sim to get inspiration for underwater area

Summary of the Meeting of September 28th 2008

Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Zai Lynch, Monalisa Robbiani, fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, Tistra Oh, Draegan Randt, Carbon Sirbu, Lore Lamont, Robby Pomeray, Carina Raymaker

  • Fr43k told us about already finished Notecards and asked for help with some unfinished ones. These were sent via grouü notice.
  • Lore asks for further ideas for Newbie-friendly Landmarks with few advertising. Please forward some to her in case you got ideas.
  • Tistra asked for feedback to her textures and aggreed that she should continue that way.
  • Alexa and Lore finished all newbie-textures.
  • Carbon and fr43k will coordinate their notecards. Knowledge provided by the notecards content will be extendet at the tutorials.
  • We'll use the German word "Du" instead of "Sie".
  • Carbon asked if we'd provide slow vehicles which are easy to use, for the Move Tutorial. She'll create a rez/derez script which will also be used at the boats later.
  • Appearance tutorials: A hat to attach, since it's a good way to practice/learn that there are more attachment points available than just "hand" and "skull"
  • Waypoint for other stations will be mentioned. (?)
  • The stations will get an object at the central pillar, which fits to the topic.
  • Carina placed guide posts.
  • Robby will think about decoration of the Sim.
  • Fr43k began terraforming at the other sims and prepared some decoration.
  • All objects are supposed to be set to group. Smaller objects should be copiable. This doesn't apply for huge final objects.
  • Alexa suggested that small groups should start to work on detailed concepts for parts of the sims.

Gruppen:

  1. Beach (SIM2): Tistra, Mona, Lore, Draegan,
  2. Sandbox/Park (SIM3): Carina, Carbon, fr43k
  3. City/Shops (SIM4): Alexa, Mayumi, Zai, Robby

Summary of the Meeting of September 21st 2008

Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer, fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, TalinaQ Yao, Kephra Nurmi

  • Reviewed new pictures of new Resident avatars for display made by Alexa
  • Talked about new ideas for upcoming decorations
  • Checked the progress of several other tasks

Summary of the Meeting of September 14th 2008

Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer, Mayumi Fride, Carina Raymaker, Zai Lynch

  • Carina transfered pictures of new Resident avatars for display
  • Conceptual discussion about welcome area part
  • Preparation for the special builders meeting on Tuesday.

Summary of the Meeting of September 10th 2008

Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer, fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, Carina Raymaker, Lore Lamont, Lotte Linden, Jean Linden, Zai Lynch

  • Brainstorming on how to increase group activity
  • Posting at the Second Life Forum
  • No deadline for building

Summary of the Meeting of August 30th 2008

Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer, fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, Carina Raymaker, Lore Lamont, Carbon Sirbu, Robby Pomeray

  • Checked member activity
  • Each group member took over a specific task, as shown here: GWA_Project/Skills_Listing.
  • Group revisited each island to discuss the layout of textures and notecard content for the tutorial signs and related stations.
  • Group discussed and planed upcoming content for Island 6 through 8 and final station #9, as described in here: GWA_Project/OI_Concept.
  • Group took a time out and was dancing in the club :)

Summary of the Meeting of September 2nd 2008

Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer, Lotte Linden, Jean Linden, fr34k Paine, Lore Lamont

  • Advertisement to recrute builders from other groups will be sent within the next few days.
  • Jean and Lotte will place advertisement for it at secondlife.com
  • A meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 16th at 10 AM SLT (19:00 GMT) with all interested builders.
  • Requirements to join the group are listet at GWA Project/Aufnahmebedingungen.

Summary of the Meeting of August 30th 2008

Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer, Fr43k Paine, Mayumi Fride, Carina Raymaker, Lore Lamont, Sabah Back

  • Attendees attended an orientation island walkthrough and created notes about possible content for these islands.
  • Updated notes are listed at GWA Project/OI Concept.

Summary of the Meeting of August 26th 2008

Attendees: Alexa Soyer, fr43k Paine, MonaLisa Robbiani, Lore Lamont, Jean Linden, Zai Lynch

  • Notecard with suggested copyright regulations and membership requirements is forwarded to Jean Linden for approval
  • Notes will be published when approved
  • Advertising for more builders will start when the first sim is finished
  • fr43k Paine will create notes for the learning path
  • chieni Beck might create textures for the learning path
  • Zai Lynch and someone else will try to update the Wiki pages and keep them up-to-date

Summary of the Meeting of August 5th 2008

Jean Linden Office Hour:

Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Carina Raymaker, Carbon Sirbu, fr43k Paine, Monalisa Robbiani, Robby Pommeray

  • "Mentorizing" of non-mentors is still pending. Jean will contact Blue again
  • Jean agreed to invite the non mentors in the GWA officers group after checking formal requirements of mentorship and Mona and Robby standing surety for them
  • New builders role in group GWA officers has been created and assigned to all members of the group
  • Monalisa Robbiani, Alexa Soyer and Carina Raymaker are estate managers of the SIMs

Meeting:

Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Carina Raymaker, Carbon Sirbu, fr43k Paine, Isabell Ewing, Mayumi Fride, Monalisa Robbiani, Shea Slocombe

  • Position of the islands for the stations have been set out. Farther landscaping will be done on each island while building the particular station
  • Carbon Sirbu distributed landscaping tools ("Landroller"), allowing an effective and controlled landscaping much more precisely then the manual raise and lower nmethod of selected areas.
  • Each station will be developed cooperatively in the same way as the overall layout has been done
  • Suggestions for design of specific islands or elements like the stations, bridges etc. can be rezzed at Goethe
  • Future meetings will be hold at the OI itself
  • The islands should show the diverse of SL, but in a temperate zone representing European climate (e.g ranging from alpine hills to north sea shore)
    • Rezpoint on an alpine hill, having the impression to overlook a mountain lake? (Monalisa Robbiani)
    • Maybe something freaky in a skybox - linked with the fly tutorial? (fr43k Paine, Carina Raymaker)

Summary of the Meeting of August 03rd 2008

Attendees: Alexa Soyer, Carina Raymaker, Carbon Sirbu, chieni Beck, fr43k Paine, Isabell Ewing, Mayumi Fride, Monalisa Robbiani, Niewi Benelli (left early), Robby Pommeray (arrived at the end of meeting), Shea Slocombe

Meeting:

  • Basic order of the stations on OI
    • Movement
    • Appearance
    • Communicate
    • Inventory
    • Media
    • Hints, Tips & Tricks
    • Outlook to the Welcome Area
    • Access to "the real Word" (leading to the Welcome Area)
  • Topic suggestions for each station and their layout
    • Put to the next meeting
  • Fix the wiki links
    • Not everyone can reproduce Monas objections regarding broken redirects. Mona will send detailed info about the links not working to Carina who will inspect the redirects ans eventually fix them.
  • Estimated expenses the group will have building the OI
    • Decision: only own builds or Freebies. So no cost for prebuild things
    • Estimated expenses for uploads: 10.000L$
  • Blueprints for the sims?
    • Megaprims could hinder the landscaping. Better scaled models and setting out the parcels
  • Roles of estate managers
    • alexa soyer *
    • carbon sirbu
    • carina raymaker *
    • isabell ewing
    • monalisa robbiani *

those marked with (*) are SL-Mentors already and should be added to the role as soon as possible

  • Permissions for builders
    • Mona will propose to set up a new role "Builder" in the officers group and assign some rights missing in the "Everyone" role. Carina will provide an abilities list to Mona before the meeting with Jean
  • Proposal for agenda for next meeting with Jean
    • New builder role in the officers group; assign to participants
    • Ask again for the actual state of affairs of the "mentorizing" of non-mentors who want to participate in the project
    • Possibility of inviting the non-mentors in the officers group? While the building phase the SIM is technically not an OI limited to mentors. So the delay caused by the "mentorizing procedure" could be bridged.
    • Install Estate Managers

Summary of the Meeting of July 27th 2008

Attendees: Carbon Sirbu, chieni Beck, Robby Pomeray, Isabell Ewing, Lisa Lowe, Alexa Soyer, Monalisa Robbiani, Mayumi Fride, fr34k Paine, sven Homewood, Shea Slocombe, Carina Raymaker

Meeting:

  • Summary of the current project status.

Addition: The current group was not interested in a project based way usually in place for these kind of projects, introductions and sharing ideas with newcomer Lisa. Lisa Lowe 15:02, 27 July 2008 (PDT)

  • From now on we are using voice to speed up the meetings. Due to problems with voice we have an additional TeamSpeak server set up for us so we can switch to it when necessary.

Addition: Due to previous decision, Lisa Lowe resigned from this project, not being able to use Voice. Lisa stated: a 'majority vote' (7 voted yes) is not a good base for forcing everyone to using Voice and basically ruling out everyone else interested. Considerations not being able to follow German smalltalk in Voice were neglected. Lisa Lowe 15:02, 27 July 2008 (PDT)

  • Summaries of the meetings will be posted to the wiki because of missing transcripts.

Addition: Lisa Lowe added: Voice transcripts are only reflections of what one wants to hear (my additions prove that already). Text transcripts rule that out. Lisa Lowe 15:02, 27 July 2008 (PDT)

  • Notecards sent through the German Mentors Group will be forwarded to either Carina or Carbon to ensure communication.

Addition: The group stated "you have to speak German to be able to join the German mentors group". Conclusion: Everyone else will not be able to receive info through this group if not in it (before this?). Lisa Lowe 15:02, 27 July 2008 (PDT)

  • Sims will be closed while building works are under way. The fortress will be staying at its current location.
  • Estate rights: Only for a small group of experts.
  • Question about land/ban rights after the build is finished.
  • It is required to be an SL Mentor to join the project's officers group.
  • Forwarded list of mentor applicants to Blue Linden to possibly speed up the process.
  • Additional OI model presented by fr34k Paine, Monalisa Robbiani and Alexa Soyer.
  • The 3d models are now accessible by everyone at Park East.
  • Wiki Editing Policy: No editing of content without asking for permission. If you want to add a comment please do so and signature it but please don't delete the previous comment because of yours.
  • A company outing to the newbie path built and being built by Carbon Sirbu, called 'Deutsches Tutorium'.



Summary of the Meeting of July 23th 2008

Jean Linden Office Hour:

Attendees: <not recorded>

The intention was to discuss the plans with Jean Linden at her office hour. Jean however was in favor of postponing that to a separate meeting on Tuesday July 29, 2008 at 10 am SLT instead of in her casual Office Hour.

Meeting:

Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Zai Lynch, Lisa Lowe, Mayumi Fride, Carbon Sirbu

Because most where not able to attend the meeting afterwards. It's basically skipped. Next meeting Sunday July 27, 2008 10am SLT (19:00 in Germany time).


Additional

Monalisa Robbiani findings talking to Jean: Please refer to group notices sent by Ethan and myself to the "German Welcome Area Officers" group (Summary: Land ownership moved to Jean, land set to group, land is public for the time being.)

(Please use the wiki and post the announcements (notices) on here somewhere. Not everyone involved in this project is a member of all those groups (yet). Besides that, lots of notices get lost or are overlooked. Using the wiki can keep everyone up to date. Thanks Lisa Lowe 01:30, 25 July 2008 (PDT))

Summary of the Meeting of July 20th 2008

Attendees: Monalisa Robbiani, Zai Lynch, Lisa Lowe, Carbon Sirbu, KleineSphinx Lane, Carina Raymaker, Mayumi Fride, Torben Trautman, Danziel Lane, Mayumi Fride, Shea Slocombe, chieni Beck, Trent Mavendorf


  1. Presentation of current OI Suggestions.
  2. Contend discussion for OIs at Brainstorming OI Structure page.
  3. Raising attention to new GWA Project page.
  4. Asking for contributions for all of the above mentioned project/pages as well as the skill list.
  5. Names: The old poets names might stay for the sims (except Hazzlehoff)
  6. Next meeting after Jean's OH on Wednesday.

Summary of the Meeting of July 17th 2008

Please add topics to this summary since it's not complete

General:

  1. We still need to get metrics on how many new German speaking Residents arrive per day, who choose not to start at a CG. (Will ask Meta Linden tomorrow Zai signature.png - Zai Lynch (talk|contribs) 20:43, 17 July 2008 (PDT))
  2. Need to send a couple of questions to Jean. Those are:
    1. Requirements to join the German Welcome Area Officers group (e.g.: are non-mentors allowed?)
    2. How to apply for the group?
    3. Is it possible to re-animate the Willkommen Deutschland group in that way that every new Resident who arrives at the GWA becomes automatically added to the group? (New residents would find a community and help there)
    4. In case the previous point is allowed, is it possible to turn the group into a one way group. So people become added automatically but it is no open enrolement, so spamming is to a minimum. Only new Residents and Mentors can join.
    5. Is it possible to clean the Willkommen Deutschland group from people who weren't logged in for more then 6 or 12 month? It would make group chat and notices more reliable and speed up the load. (Proposal from Robby & Zai, not part of the meeting).
  3. Proposal of a revised skill-list using Template:GWA Skills.
  4. A forum for the GWA Project will be set up in the SL forum (Assignee: Mona).

On OI:

  1. New Residents should be able to leave the trail at any given moment.
  2. New Residents should start in a exhibition room/hall which allows them to spot exhibits which advertise parts of SL culture. It should be a motivation on why to continue their virtual life.
  3. Try to use self explanatory pictures for tutorials (NCI-, Melting Dot- and Metaverse Mentor-style)
  4. Try to provide examples and connect them with SL culture.
  5. Show "advanced content" in geeky chamber.
  6. Avoid restrictions of the regular OIs (limited search, limited map...).


Summary

  1. Volunteers gotta be nice DAMN IT
  2. OI should be linear with the opportunity to exit any time.
  3. New Residents need a reason to stay in (and learn about) SL. A goal or something attractive.
    Provide a reason why Residents should stay and they'll invest time on learning.
  4. Opinion
    Blue: Showing new Residents the "real" SL is more important then protecting from griefers.
    Lexie: More then OI experience but less than a combat zone too....
  5. Don't make SL look like a game
  6. Connect learning with specific examples. Like: "Going to a club" with "how to change clothes", "how to sit", "how to dance"...
  7. Introduce on how to use the search
  8. Show that not everything is interactive in SL



Summary of the Meeting of July 13th 2008

Meeting: not documented.


Summary of the Meeting of June 22nd 2008

Time:

Logo:

  • Monas is going to be used as logo - Orlas as additional texture

Forum that's not moderated by us:

  • Going to ask Jean - official SL forum?!

Status report - SL5B:

  • Finished - waiting for SL5B to start

List of avatar resources (SL Wiki):

  • Page up and running - waiting for wiki to work again

Time plan:

  • Moved - SL didn't work at that time - NC transfer didn't work


Summary of the Meeting of June 15th 2008

Elections:

  • There was a discussion, if an election at the given moment is necessary or makes sense. The attendees started an election after a while - Decision: The elected persons are the only contact persons to Jean and Linden, responsible for giving group information to Jean and Linden and passing all information from Jean and Linden to the group. They will not have powers of leaders or managers.
  • Elected were contact persons (representatives) of the group, no leaders. - Orlandoo Habercom as founder and Holger Gilruth as one of the owners were elected of the group - Third elected contact person is Monalisa Robbiani.

Logo:

Forum:

  • All agreed to a forum not moderated by the group. The SL forum will be used.

Endorsed Group:

Project: OI:

  • Conceptional ideas for buildings at a SLVI parcel for German Mentors. - No unique information available. Land won for building should be used for the group activities. Representatives will provide a list of mentors that claimed land there and will find out, when these parcels have to be ready for use.
  • Do we agree that Concept 2 as described in the wiki is a plan worth to work with? - Agreed.
  • German OI Concept


Summary of the Meeting of June 11th 2008

Sims:

  • Obeying to the Tao of Volunteers is now a requirement at meetings and in the forum.
  • We will try to organize a Q&A Session with Blue Linden and experienced OI builders to get suggestions, tips & tricks.
  • German Mentors are generally interested in becoming an endorsed group.
  • There will be elections of 3 (three) representatives/leaders of the German Mentors group at the next meeting on Sunday.
  • Conceptional ideas for buildings at a SLVI parcel for German Mentors can be posted at the forum. It's also a topic on the agenda for next Sundays meeting.
  • Drafts for a new German Mentors logo will be posted at the forum.
  • The forum will be open for anyone to read.
  • One of the subforums will be open for anyone to write as well.


Summary of the Meeting of June 8th 2008

Sims:

  • Suggestions for names of the planned sims should be posted at this thread. In case Jean Linden confirmes that the Names of the Sims can be changed, there will be a vote at the next meeting.
  • Additional help groups and communities might be contacted in order to help the German Mentors with certain (previously planned) projects.
  • The topic Griefing problems, especially with a proposed sandbox coming (from Keumjoo Ahn) was postponed.
  • As decided on an earlier meeting already, one of the four islands will become a stand alone, linear OI.
  • There should be suggestions made for Sim 1 to 4 within the next week.

Sonstiges:

  • The EM should be abolished.
  • Discussions will be held in German, summaries will be posted in German and translated to English.
  • Summaries of meetings will be posted at the wiki in English and German by Zai Lynch, in case every agenda item got a formulated and accepted conclusion, which is expressed during the meeting.
  • The German Mentors apply for a parcel at SL5B. This will be coordinated by Gunter Gustav, TalinaQ Yao, Peter Houston and sexina Babii. This should take place in cooperation with the German speaking Linguists, if possible
  • Agenda items from Danziel Lane will be discussed at the connected forum posting.
  • From now on, there will be two meetings per week. Dates swill be suggested and discussed in the forum.