GWA Project/OI Suggestions
German OI Concept Models
Germany has it's own portal for Secondlife. Work is in progress to have four sims online where german residents can enter. One or more of them therefore have to be OI's. Discussion is going on how to create an OI that will keep residents online, depending on their different interests. For this purpose, some concept models have already been created and can be viewed here.
Description of Lisa's Model
- Starting point at the yellow exhibition hall.
- Grey linear path for basic tutorials
- Image instructions around the grey path
- White area's for things like Appearance or just fun area's in between
- Red buildings for advanced tutorials
- Green can be a stage for demonstrations, classes or otherwise
- The entrance hall will be big and must show many things and images/slideshows about SL
- The entrance hall is on a hill overlooking the sim (also reference-/focalpoint).
- New residents will stay in touch with mentors in the center quite easily
- The environment must look natural and must have fun area's in between for gatherings
- Sim can have a design related to Germany so it's recognizable
- The trail is in fact linear, but has many options to leave it or do it otherwise
- The white and red can be (open) area's or complete buildings
Description of Kurai 'n' Zai's Model
(model is set up as 4 sim Model in case metrics show a need for multiple OIs. Middle Sim would be Infohub, surrounding ones would be OIs)
- Startpoint in an exhibition area in the middle
- Red linear path with possibility to skip parts
Description of Mona's Model
For the moment the models can be seen on SLVEC, near the sandbox area. 7/19/2008