GWA Project/OI Suggestions
German OI Concept Models
German speakers have their own portal for Secondlife. Work is in progress to have four sims online where german residents can enter. One or more of them therefore have to be OI's. Discussion is going on how to create an OI that will keep residents online, depending on their different interests. For this purpose, some concept models have already been created and can be viewed here.
Description of Lisa's Model
Already after one meeting I am very sorry to have to conclude this German group has no interest in 'third party' contributions and ideas. They refuse to welcome anyone new and interested in this project and are not open for new ideas. Next to that, at forehand they find it normal to exclude everyone not being able or not wanting to use Voice, basically ruling out everyone else intestered. Therefore I have withdrawn from and decided to remove all my contributions to this project Lisa Lowe 12:52, 27 July 2008 (PDT)
Description of Kurai 'n' Zai's Model
(model is set up as 4 sim Model in case metrics show a need for multiple OIs. Middle Sim would be Infohub, surrounding ones would be OIs)
- Startpoint in an exhibition area in the middle
- Red linear path with possibility to skip parts
Description of Mona's Model
- Rezz point in the center, placed on a hill (not in the rough sketch)
- Walkways lead downhill into about six to eight "Second Life Mini Worlds" (non-linear path)
- Each world represents a typical SL theme, like a beach, a club, an urban build, a mall, business interior and landscapes.
- The worlds are also connected with eachother, forming a circular route (linear path)
- Each world focusses on one or two topics to be learned, for example: The Mall World is about inventory and buying things, the Club World is about music and media, the Classroom is about communication and so on.
- A one click teleport system warps the user to any point of the tutorial
- Text (either on HUDs or in-world prims) should be optional only, for further information. No one wants to read on SL, and people will ignore it. The most important content should be taught by looking at 3d objects, getting challenged by scripts and fun interaction.
- Main interests in SL are: Social interaction, education/research, business, playing games, self-expression. Each world should focus on different user expectations and interests
- Prim usage, graphical effects and texture size must be cut to a minimum to accomodate users with slow machines
For the moment the models can be seen on SL Volunteer Island S. 7/22/2008