Getting started FAQ
Can I change my username?
Your username is the unique account name or account ID you use to log into Second Life. Your username appears above your avatar inworld and identifies you to other Second Life Residents. You can also set a display name that appears above your username.
See Usernames for more information on usernames.
Can I turn off the display of my own avatar's name to others?
There is no way for you to turn off the display of your avatar's name to others. However, depending on their preferences, other Residents can choose not to see the names of other avatars. So it's possible that another Resident may not see your name, but that will be their choice, not yours.
How can I make sure I stay out of trouble?
If you just want to have fun, and don't do anything bad or wrong, then just read and follow the Community Standards, the guidelines to your Second Life experience. Follow them and you should be fine.
- System info
- Why do I look like a particle cloud
- How do I download and install Second Life on a Mac?
- What is a bot?
- What is the Library
- What's a relog?
- I see someone wearing really cool clothes! Where, and how, can I get a great look like them?
- How can I use Second Life from a different computer?
- I got stuck in a box or a cage or something. How do I get out?
- What does "SLT" stand for?
- Information Resources
- Linden Lab Official:Welcome Area Guidelines