Havok 7 Beta Home
Havok 7 is currently scheduled for a 1.42 server release
What is Havok 7
The Havok 7 upgrade should be considerably different to the Havok 4 upgrade from Havok 1, for that upgrade we had to rewrite alot of code and introduce an abstraction layer, this time around it was mostly about just updating the Havok libraries although there has been some extra work done by falcon to introduce some performance optimizations in our code ontop of the optimizations that are included in the updated havok 7 libraries.
The end result is that we are hoping there should be no differences in behaviour between havok 4 and 7 with exception of performance increases, there are no new features in this release but we need your help to make sure that all content behaves as usual.
An early preview is available for testing on the following select regions which are accesible to memebers of the group Second Life Beta on ADITI.
Regular Server Build
Oatmeal 6 Oatmeal 7 Oatmeal 10 Oatmeal 11
Debug Server Build
Oatmeal 9 Oatmeal 13 Oatmeal 14
The debug builds enable some extra logging in the havok code area, this might make them slightly slower than the regular build.
If you are able to find a crash or a bug on a regular build and can reproduce it, could you also reproduce it against the debug build, as well as filing a jira for that crash.
Note - We currently have a crash mode on the debug build that doesnt happen on a regular build.
Bug filing procedure:
- Bugs can be entered here:
- https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa (you need to be logged in first)
- Project: "2. Second Life Service - SVC"
- Issue Type: "Bug"
- Affects Version/s: Havok 7 Beta (Unreleased Version)
- If you find a bug please attempt to repro the bug on Oatmeal 9, 13, or 14 and include that info in your bug report.
- Always enter an 'environment'. This is best done as a cut and paste from "About Second Life" in the viewer.
Click Here for a list of current bugs
Thanks for all the help.
Remember to attend the weekly office hours and join the mailing list for all the latest info. Beta_Server_Office_Hours