|LSL Portal||Functions | Events | Types | Operators | Constants | Flow Control | Script Library | Categorized Library | Tutorials|
What is a Holodeck?
A Holodeck is a product used to save different forms of content (either furniture settings or even an entire environment), similar to 'Holodecks' used in various sci-fi television shows and movies. For Second Life purposes, a holodeck allows you to rez a large variety of rooms or scenarios in limited space. Some systems even allow the scene to be located far away from its control panel, offering the convenience of large, rez-on-demand structures without tying up a large space in your house.
A handful of the known holodeck and panocube products:
(Please add to this list as you come across other holodeck-type products!)
- The 'Holodeck' by Loki Clifton
- 'Horizons' by Cheshyr Pontchartrain
- 'HyperCube' by D-VTech
- 'Super Sofa' by LayZeeBones
- 'Holodeck' by Soulmates Creations
- 'Paradise Blanket' by OctoberWerks
- 'HoloRez' by HoloRez Rang
- 'Skyboxer' by Ethereal Fremont
- 'Primitizer' by Revolution Parenti
- 'The Titan' by Jack Hathor
- 'Room Switch' by Loki Ball
- 'The Green Wonder' by Tina Freund
- 'Holodeck' by Professor Eisenberg (Panocube)
- 'The Virtual Reality Room' by Stephane Zugzwang (Panocube)
- 'Krull's VR Room System
- 'Mobius Box' by Fox Absolute
- 'DRUID Holodeck' by Darwin Recreant and Ui Beam
A holodeck-panocube consists of photos. The picture changes on every wall, plus the floor and ceiling, making a total immersed "single" image. A regular holodeck will rezz and derezz prims such as different houses with furniture, and might rezz surrounding panocube images in addition.