- 1 Founder:
- 2 History
- 3 Total Group Members:
- 4 Group Charter
- 5 Mission Focus & Statement
- 6 Best Practices:
- 7 Group Representatives:
- 8 Group Documentarians:
- 9 Requirements to Join
- 10 (Optional) Group Related Links / Projects / Memorable Triumphs / History / etc.
Created in October, 2007
Total Group Members:
1) To identify, showcase and promote quality content creation that would not be possible in Real Life; 2) To seek and disseminate knowledge that empowers content creators
Mission Focus & Statement
A central goal for us is to collect and distil what's really happening out there and pare down your options to the essence of what's cool, trendsetting and even ground breaking, always within the context of that which is Not Possible IRL. This is not intended as a calendar of events and our selections are, by necessity, subjective and opinionated.
Impossible IRL is focused on identifying, sharing and showcasing quality content in world that would not be possible in real life: art, architecture, animations, fashion, scripts, landscaping, tools, and more. Show me, I'll show you.
While some of the activities are not readily understood by new users in Second Life, Impossible IRL is a proven source for information and Landmarks to many of the best content and content creators on the grid, thus providing all members with compelling places to visit and new ways to evolve and grow their own experience.
New and new-ish users with an interest in art, architecture and high-end fashion benefit especially because they are immediately directed to (and plugged in) to quality content and the people who create it.
- Information distribution:
- Frequent in-world notices
- Not Possible IRL blog: http://npirl.blogspot.com
- A web-based forum for members and by members
Requirements to Join
- Open registration
- Members agree not to spam the group
- Members agree not to initiate Group IMs
(Optional) Group Related Links / Projects / Memorable Triumphs / History / etc.
- (Impossible in Real Life)
- Not Possible In Real Life - QUALITY Content Creation - NPIRL
- Avatars - Not Possible in Real Life (NPIRL)
- Situations Not Possible in Real Life (NPIRL)
- NPIRL Fashion - Not Possible in Real Life
- Garden of NPIRL Delights
- Dozens of Impossible IRLers participated and contributed to the Garden of NPIRL Delights Build Festival April 27 - June 23, 2007
Hundreds of shared discoveries of quality content throughout the Second Life grid. Several people who had ceased to participate in Second Life have returned because of what they read on the Not Possible IRL blog, and are now active members of the Impossible IRL group.