From Second Life Wiki
Public Rezzing Areas
For public rezzing zones, see here
The Second Life Highway and Transport System
Exploring the world and linking up communities through a network of highways and byways; for details and maps see Second Life Road Network Directory.
Second Life Railroad
The SLRR is several miles of track on the Heterocera Atoll. Nigel Linden, Eric Linden, and Michael Linden created the first portions and systems; most of the stations were created by Residents in a contest; and the moles of the DPW have been extending and improving the right-of-way since then.
Visit the LDPW Second Life Railroad page.
The Second Life Coastal Waterway
Boating is a fabulous way to explore Second Life and the LDPW has been busily expanding the mainland waterways! Information about the Second Life Coastal Waterways.
LDPW's first project was the creation of a new type of Mainland Community to the west of the existing city Regions. Here's a look behind the scenes...
- Learn more about the community at the main wiki page, Bay City.
Visit Bay City North Channel
An ancient city uncovered by Magellan Linden.
- First sighting of the ancient and mysterious city
- Places to see in Nautilus
Visit Nautilus: Nautilus-Shalim
LDPW Parks and Recreation
The LDPW is constantly beautifying the mainland by adding unique builds, natural spaces and fun little bits and pieces for Residents to use as social, meeting, or event space. Set your home point to the Mole Mart, park your butt in a scenic park, or just spend the afternoon enjoying the view from Rivulet. Your World...expanding daily!
See the Parks and Recreation Directory.
- Check the recreation listing in the Parks and Recreation Directory.
- More information on sailing in Second Life is here.
- See the original blog post about Zindra, "the adult continent."
- Main Zindra continent information is here.
- What wonders await in the Wilderness? This Premium-only realm is the destination for fun and excitement in Second Life. Go fishing, explore the vast jungle and find new friends in this exclusive, expansive world of adventure. See the guide at http://secondlife.com/destinations/premium/wilderness