Difference between revisions of "LSL HTTP server/beta"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
http-in server are the for testing.
Revision as of 08:46, 23 January 2009
[Update, 23 Jan 09] I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this beta. Thanks to your help with testing all the edges and corners of the http-in functionality we passed QA's integration testing. Http-in is now awaiting the lock to merge into trunk, hopefully for the 1.26 server version. The http-in beta sandbox regions are likely to go down for several days until we actually acquire the lock. At that time we'll redeploy the merged version for final testing.
- Aditi, the preview grid. Regions are named "Http In Sandbox n" where n is 1,2, or 3.
- What viewer should I use?
- Use a mono-compatible main grid viewer (version 1.21 or later), and have it log you into aditi. Shift-control-g at the login screen brings up the grid select dropdown. Aditi = preview grid, Agni = main grid.
- But the viewer won't know about the new functions
- When using a Mono-enabled viewer, all compilation is done server side. So make sure you are using a mono-enabled viewer and you will be able to compile a script with the new functions as long as you are in one of the http-in sandboxes. You do not need to have "Mono" checked (see this forum thread).
- How do I report bugs?
- Check this meta JIRA - . Existing issues for http-in are linked. Check the open issues to see if your bug is already listed. If so, consider commenting on that issue to add any insights you have. If not, create a new issue. Make sure you:
- JIRA should be SVC
- Title should start "http-in:"
- Component "Scripts"
- Affects version is unimportant
- Please include a minimal repro of the bug. Pare down the code to the minimum necessary to exhibit the issue.
- Link your issue "Relates to" SVC-3238
- What if I have questions?
- Several resources are available
- Use the discussion tab for this page to ask questions about the beta
- If you are a member of email@example.com you can post a question.
- Or try asking on the second life lsl forum.
- I (Periapse Linden) hold an office hour on Fridays at 3pm. Location is Beaumont, eastern edge, under the hill with the observatory dome.
- What about Teen Grid residents?
- Teen grid residents are welcome to participate in this beta. Log in to aditi with the appropriate viewer (see above). Teleport to "Http In Sandbox Teen".