LSL Protocol/Restrained Love Relay/Reference Implementation
This particular example that anyone can distribute freely as open-source only (you are not allowed to sell this code) and including the header comments is just meant to give an idea of how a relay basically works. You can find the change history at Change History.
What it does
- Implements the specification described hereabove.
- Commented to facilitate reading and learning.
- Tested and working with test objects and with real cages.
What it doesn't do
- Access lists.
- Lock on the avatar.
- Handle more than one object.
- Reject some commands by nature.
- And so much more that makes good scripts stand out in the crowd.
How to use it
- Create a prim in which you put a script containing this code (don't forget to name it correctly by following the "RLVnnn" requirement).
- Wear the prim, it says its current on/off status
- Click on the prim to switch from "Off" to "On with permission" to "On without permission" and back to "Off"
- Find an object that implements this specification and test.
- Chorazin Allen for reviewing the code, giving ideas, coding and re-coding his own scripts to make sure everything works properly between the relay and the cage, and for not killing me every time I change my mind here and there on the spec.
- Azoth Amat and Nano Siemens for helping to find a solution to the "force sit on login" problem
- Gregor Mougin for discovering and fixing the not-pong reply on login.
The code that used to be here got rather outdated and had a number of unfixed bugs. Please have a look at Maike Short's Relay instead