Linden Lab Official:Account Security
From Second Life Wiki
Revision as of 11:02, 14 December 2010 by Rand Linden
Help! My account has been compromised!
If you suspect your account has been compromised, contact us immediately.
Follow these steps:
- Login to your account.
- Login to the Support Portal.
- If you cannot log into your account, use our Guest Access Log In.
- Submit a Ticket.
- In the Ticket Type Field, select "Special Questions — Basic Account or Guest Login" from the drop down menu
- Select "My account has been shut off and I don't know why"
- Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
- Copy the Tracking Number for your new ticket
- You will receive an email containing your ticket information.
- Call the Fraud number: 800-860-6990
- Once we look over your submission, Linden Lab will place your account on hold, and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days in some cases. Once we have finished the investigation, we will send you an email explaining our conclusion and explaining the action that will be taken with respect to your account. As a reminder, all transactions involving Linden Dollars are subject to our Terms of Service (TOS).