Linden Lab Official:Community Gateway
Introducing the new Community Gateway (CG) Program! The purpose of this program is to allow your community/group the opportunity to assist new residents in beginning their journey into Second Life, to lend a guiding hand in the creation of their new avatar personas, and assist with increasing new user retention.
As a member of this program the following criteria must be met:
- At this time, participation is by Support Case application only. Please visit https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ and submit under the Case Type Land & Region > Community Gateway Application
- Each Community should be clearly represented by an owner and/or officer(s) (the “Community Leaders”). CG Participants must notify Linden Lab if there is any change in the Community Leaders’ roles.
- Each Community must show activity within Second Life for at least one (1) year
- Beginning eighteen (18) months prior to the submission of a CG application and continuing for the duration of CG participation, CG Participants must maintain an account in good financial standing. For the purposes of CG, good financial standing requires a zero (0) or positive account balance. CG Participants must notify Linden Lab within seventy-two (72) hours of any failure to maintain good financial standing, and subject to Linden Lab’s discretion, propose a plan to restore good financial standing.
- The region containing the welcome area for new Residents must be a Regular Full region, owned by the recognized main applicant responsible for entry into the CG program. Homesteads and Openspaces are not permitted.
- If it becomes necessary to transfer the CG region to a new owner, it may be removed from the CG program and the new owner must apply for membership to continue as a CG region.
- The region should contain a welcome area with tutorials/help content.
- Your region must not have any tenant/lease/rental objects. There should be no parcels available for sublease within the region.
- As a CG member you will represent Second Life in an appropriate manner and respect other CG program members and their services as well as Linden Lab employees.
- Keep CG information current – update Linden Lab about any changes immediately such as: Landing locations, team members and ownership.
- Create and maintain a land access group for all volunteers to access the region and allow appropriate land and region permissions.
- Create and maintain a resident help group to allow new residents to return to the region as needed, as well as provide any additional group dispersed new user information.
- Create and maintain a website which allows for new user registration via Linden Lab RegAPI.