Difference between revisions of "Linden Lab Official:Second Life Blogger Network Terms and Conditions"
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
<li>As an optional condition of your participation, you may include the Second Life Blogger Network badge, containing our trademark as provided to you by Linden Lab, on your main site associated with your blog, in the persistent header, footer or sidebar, and make such badge link back to [https://community.secondlife.com https://community.secondlife.com].</li>
<li>As an optional condition of your participation, you may include the Second Life Blogger Network badge, containing our trademark as provided to you by Linden Lab, on your main site associated with your blog, in the persistent header, footer or sidebar, and make such badge link back to [https://community.secondlife.com https://community.secondlife.com]. </li>
Revision as of 08:03, 26 September 2019
These Terms and Conditions govern your submission to Linden Research, Inc. (“Linden Lab”) of your blog or derivative works thereof, (“Submission”) for possible inclusion in the Second Life Blogger Network “Community News” section of the SecondLife.com website (https://community.secondlife.com) and the Second Life Viewer (collectively, "Second Life Blogger Network"). Please review the following terms and indicate your agreement below. If you do not agree, do not submit any Submission.
- License To Use your Submission.
- By submitting a Submission to Linden Lab, you grant Linden Lab an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully-paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Submission, including all copyrights therein, in connection with Second Life Blogger Network and Linden Lab's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including but not limited to promoting, marketing and redistributing part or all of your Submission (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats now known or later created and through any media channels. You represent and warrant that you have all rights, permissions and authority necessary to grant such rights to Linden Lab.
- If you submit an image associated with a Creative Commons license with your Submission, then in addition to the licenses granted above, you agree that Linden Lab may in its sole discretion make the image available to third parties for use under the terms of the associated Creative Commons license. You alone are responsible for selecting and maintaining the association of the image with any Creative Commons license. Any resulting licensing relationship shall be between you and the third party and shall not involve Linden Lab. Linden Lab shall not be responsible or liable for any third party's use of the image.
- You may not use any trademarks or logos or Linden Lab as part of your blog’s domain name, including “LINDEN”, “LINDEN LAB”, “SL” or “SECOND LIFE”.
- You represent and warrant to Linden Lab that your Submission is your own original work and that it does not contain any material that violates or infringes the privacy rights, rights of publicity, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. You agree that you will not submit any material that is copyrighted or otherwise subject to third-party proprietary rights, including but not limited to trademark, trade secret, privacy, and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from the rightful owner to submit the material and to grant Linden Lab all of the license rights granted herein. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights and permissions to use and authorize Linden Lab to use your Submissions in the manner contemplated by Second Life Blogger Network and these Terms and Conditions.
- You also agree that you will not submit material that is contrary to the Terms of Service (https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/second-life-terms-and-conditions) or Community Standards (https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/community-standards), which may be updated from time to time, or contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations. Your Submission must comply with the Linden Lab Content Guidelines as updated by Linden Lab from time to time.
- You shall be solely responsible for your Submissions and the consequences of suggesting them for inclusion in the Second Life Blogger Network.
- No Obligation To Use.
- Linden Lab has complete discretion whether or not to publish your suggested blog post and Linden Lab will not have any obligation to use any Submission or to develop, distribute, or promote the Submission. Linden Lab reserves the right to remove material from the Second Life Blogger Network for any reason without notice. If properly notified that your Submission infringes another's intellectual property rights, Linden Lab will remove it from the Second Life Blogger Network.
- As an optional condition of your participation, you may include the Second Life Blogger Network badge, containing our trademark as provided to you by Linden Lab, on your main site associated with your blog, in the persistent header, footer or sidebar, and make such badge link back to https://community.secondlife.com. Any use of the Second Life Blogger Network badge must be accompanied by the following disclaimer: "[Blogger’s] use of the SLBN logo does not constitute approval by or a representation or endorsement from Linden Lab."
- Logo Licenses.
- Subject to each party’s compliance with this Agreement, each party hereby grants to the other a limited, revocable, paid-up, royalty-free, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the trademarks and/or logos provided to the other party pursuant to this Agreement to promote the Second Life Blogger Network, and for Linden Lab, in connection with marketing and promotion of Linden Lab’s products and services, whether in printed or electronic format, including its website. Use of each party’s trademarks or logos shall be subject to the trademark owner’s trademark usage guidelines and logo usage guidelines. Each party is expressly prohibited from any use of the other party’s trademarks in a manner that is likely to cause confusion or that will disparage the other party or its products or services, or otherwise diminish or damage its goodwill in its trademarks. As between the parties, all rights, title and interest throughout the world in and to each party’s trademarks are owned exclusively by that party. Each party agrees not to contest or aid in contesting the validity or ownership of the other party’s trademarks or take any action in derogation of the other party’s rights therein. Either party may terminate the trademark license under this Section at any time and upon such termination, all rights and licenses granted under this Section shall immediately terminate and the parties shall cease all display or use of the trademarks licensed hereunder.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Linden Lab and its directors, officers, employees and contractors against any claim, action, demand or suit (“Action”), whatever their nature and however arising, arising out of, or related to, your Submission or your violation of any of these Terms and Conditions. You shall also pay any damages and expenses, including fees and costs of attorneys and experts, that are awarded against Linden Lab in any such Action or that are agreed-to in a court-approved settlement of any such Action.
- Limitation of Liability.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL LINDEN LAB BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, EVEN IF YOU BEEN INFORMED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- These Terms and Conditions will continue until terminated by either party. Either party may terminate this Agreement for any reason. Sections 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 13 and 14 will survive the termination of these Terms and conditions indefinitely.
- These Terms and Conditions, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Linden Lab without restriction.
- No Partnership.
- Linden Lab has no obligation to provide any type of support for your product or service. You acknowledge that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Linden Lab.
- Contact Information.
- The name, contact, and other information that you provide when submitting a Submission must be true and correct. You shall inform Linden Lab in writing of any change in your contact information by sending a notification with the updated contact information to Linden Lab by mail, facsimile, or email to: Linden Lab, Marketing Department, Attn: Editorial, 945 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111. Fax: 415-243-9045 Email: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Community Directory.
- You agree that Linden Lab may include your, or your company’s or organization’s, blog name, domain name and/or logo in a public listing or index of Second Life community members pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- Choice of Law and Venue.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of law principles. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the City and County of San Francisco, California to resolve any legal matter arising from these Terms and Conditions or your Second Life Blogger Network Submission. If a court of competent jurisdiction holds invalid any of the Terms and Conditions, all remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect, and the invalid provision shall be changed and interpreted in order to best accomplish the original provision's objectives to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Complete Agreement.
- These Terms and Conditions and the information you provide when submitting a Submission constitutes the entire agreement between you and Linden Lab concerning your Submission, and the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior agreements or communications between Linden Lab and you regarding the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may only be amended by a written amendment signed by both parties.