MLPV2 Version Tracking
note: this page is about MLP - see http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/MLPV2 for more info - author may want to make this clearer somewhere in this page - also, page may be renamed to something more specific (maybe MLPV2_Version_Tracking ?) --oobscure 12:02, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
MLP 2.x Version Tracking
2.4 d Bug fix: SAVE after SWAP should now work correctly. Note: don't SWAP while editing a pose; it'll reset it to the previously saved position. Instead, save and then swap, after which you can save and it'll do the right thing. I should put this in the wiki!
~timeout put back in
HIDDEN attribute for menus (instead of "ALL/GROUP/OWNER") for menus used only by sequences.
NOCHAT option for sequences (use "SEQUENCE | seqname | NOCHAT") -- disables bed chatting pose name during sequence.
SWAP behavior configurable per-pose (for poses with more than 2 balls). See "CONFIGURING SWAP FEATURE" above.
2.3k: fixed startup race condition (stopping before reading MENUITEMS), fixed sequence labels not found
2.3j: height menu bug fix (probably broken since 2.3's reorient menu added)
2.3i: bug fix (remenu broken in 2.3h)
2.3h: sequences: rez balls on sequence start
2.3g: reset fixes:
- kill balls on reset in ~menu startup
- don't say "click to start" until ready, in ~run
CHANGES in MLPV2 Version 2.3:
- Supports sounds
- Supports up to 6 avatars (poseballs)
- Sequences (tours) -- set up a menu button that plays a sequence of poses and chats. You configure the sequences in a new .SEQUENCE type of notecard. More info on that here:
- When rezzed, balls are now named ~ball0 .. ~ball5, to support easy sitting for bot clients (used for machinima, not camping!) The object name in inventory has not changed.
- "Adjust Pos" is now a toggle. Try it and see! Avs can hop on and off and balls return to the 'adjusting' shape. You can also use STOP to return to normal mode.
- EZ-Adust! Now, when you're in adjust mode and you change poses, it saves the current pose before swithcing to new pose. To abandon changes, quit adjust mode, STOP, or just re-select the current pose.
- TOOLS PACK:
- "Reorient" menu for more easily adapting an existing pose set to a new furniture item
- script to check anim permissions
- script to check for unused animations
- Three different example xcite adaptor scripts (requires Xcite! Partner script from Xcite) - AutoZhao adaptor script
- touch passer moved here, since it's never required in the MLP prim
CHANGES in MLPV2 Version 2.2 (unreleased other than to MLPV2 group)
- Added LMs when avs sit or unsit, to make it possible to add support for things like xcite and cuffs without modifying MLP scripts. Read more here:
- Cleaner chat on DUMP (omits object name)
CHANGES in MLPV2 Version 2.1:
- Props! Rez an object per pose. Object is deleted when changing to new pose, or after 3 minutes if bed is deleted.
- 15 ball colors supported!
- AUTOBACK - automatically inserts BACK before MORE--> button (optional, off by default)
- Bug fix for AUTOMORE on main menus with too many buttons. AUTOMORE no longer supported for main menu. Might be fixed some day.
- Bug fix for AUTOMORE menues with more than one extra page.
- Expression control code removed -- didn't work out. MLPV2 no longer takes controls. Of course, still compatible with all MLP and MLPV2.0 scripts.
CHANGES in MLPV2, Version 2.0:
- Now supports Solo, 3some, and 4some menus.
- Memory optimized: now holds over 70 couples poses.
- Expressions supported (20 expressions, constant or periodic). See "TO ADD POSES" above.
- Extended menus. (Automatic "More-->" button for menus with more than 12 buttons.)
- Menu buttons now appear in menus in the same order as in the configuration but only if the new MENUORDER config item appears -- otherwise order is same as before, for backwards compatibility).
- Modular configuration: reads all *.MENUITEMS* and *.POSITIONS* files, in sort order (same as in object contents).
MENU config lines with no corresponding TOMENU lines get added to the main menu (replacing a blank "TOMENU -" line).
This allows makers to easily provide add-on packs, each being folder containing .MENUITEMS*, .POSITIONS*, and animations files. Customer simply drops the folder in and resets.
- Backwards-compatible with MLP V1.2 configurations.
- Ball timeouts have been disabled. This should make MLPV2 a little more efficient. However, if you move a bed with balls rezzed, you'll need to delete the balls manually.
- Set poseball's floating text and pie menu sit text by changing its description. Also, if the ball's description begins with an asterisk ("*"), the poseball is phantom. After changing ball's description, STOP to delete any balls and then select any pose.
- New LM button type, to pass LMs to other scripts/prims. This allows adding features to furniture, with buttons in the MLP menus, without changing any MLP scripts.
- Warning for duplicate entries in .POSITIONS* files.
- Configuration consistency checker: try "ConfigCheck" in Shutdown menu NOTE: this will reload .POSITIONS.* files, so backup any saved positions first! It will find buttons with no positions and vice versa.
- AutoZhao support
- Restart menu reorganized:
Use "Pos Reset" button after changing *.POSITIONS* files.
Use "Menu Reset" button after changing *.MENUITEMS* files.
Use "Restart" button to restart all. This used to do only a menu reset.
- MLP bug fix: if you rez a copy, it uses the same channel as the original, and on MLP V1.2 you'd get crosstalk.
The menu script is now reset on rez. This does not reset positions; saved positions are not lost.
- MLP bug fix: Avoid reanimating a non-sitting avatar! This happened in these cases that I'm aware of:
A) Avatar is posed and STOP button is hit and then a new pose is selected. The avatar (no longer sitting) would get animated.
B) Same as above, but instead of STOP button, avatar teleports or relogs