Make a movie in SL
From Second Life Wiki
Revision as of 18:01, 8 August 2008 by Samantha Poindexter
Before you begin you may need the following:
- Windows Media 8.0 and 9.0 codecs (if you don't already have them). You can search these at: .
- Video editing software
- Log into Second Life
- Set your movie resolution.
- From the 'File' menu, select 'Set Window Size' and '800x600'.
- IMPORTANT: your Second Life window will be reduced significantly.
- During filming, you must leave the SL window at this size on your screen.
- Hide the User Interface.
- Press Ctrl-Alt-1 to hide the UI so that it won't appear in your movie.
- Start your movie.
- Press Ctrl-Shift-A to start the movie (this command also stops filming).
- Pick a place to save your movie.
- IMPORTANT: select or create a folder NOT on your desktop; for example, on Windows-based machines, any folder on your C: drive will work.
- Once you have your folder selected, click Open.
- Click Save.
- Choose video compression.
- Select Full Frames/Uncompressed.
- IMPORTANT: this will generate a large uncompressed video file - about 1 GB per minute - which you will need to compress during or after editing. OR
- Select Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec.
- Click OK. Filming begins.
- Capture your raw footage.
- To stop filming, press Ctrl-Shift-A.
- Edit your movie using your choice of video editing application.