Difference between revisions of "Making Second Life run faster"
From Second Life Wiki
(Revised Parature import)
m (1 revision)
Revision as of 17:54, 6 October 2009
If you're using Second Life from an older computer, you may find yourself dissatisfied with your viewer's framerate. Here are a few quick tips to try to boost Second Life's performance on slower computers:
- Try turning down your graphics settings from Edit > Preferences > Graphics tab. In particular, try checking Avatar Impostors and sliding the Avatar Mesh slider to its minimum setting. This will make it a lot easier for Second Life to draw avatars around you, at the cost of some visual quality.
- Try turning off "classic clouds" in your Advanced Sky Editor. Classic clouds can detract from your performance in some cases.
- You can get to the Advanced Sky Editor by selecting World > Environment Settings > Environment Editor
- Then press the Advanced Sky button in the Environment Editor window.
- In Advanced Sky Settings, choose the Clouds tab, then un-check the Classic Clouds checkbox.
- Try turning off Particles by selecting View > Beacons > Hide Particles. A large number of particles on your screen can significantly slow down your Second Life experience.
- Try disabling View > Property Lines and View > Land Owners. These features use rendering power that could otherwise be used to help the Second Life viewer run more smoothly.