From Second Life Wiki
Revision as of 01:19, 30 July 2007 by ZenMondo Wormser
Feature Design Document
- Materials are Stone, Metal, Glass, Wood, Flesh, Plastic, Rubber, and Light(depricated).
- Material can be changed via script, llSetPrimitiveParams.
- Material can be changed via UI,j Edit window > Object tab > Materials.
- PRIM_MATERIAL_LIGHT is depricated and cannot be set via the UI, but can still be set via script, llSetPrimitiveParams. An light made this way is "Fullbright" and does not cast light onto objects around it, it only appears to be brightly lit. You can also get this same effect by simply checking the Full Bright option in the Texture tab.
- PRIM_MATERIAL_LIGHT was depricated because we have a new, more definable, light in the Features tab.
- PRIM_MATERIAL_LIGHT merely makes the object appear Full Bright
- Material does not affect the Mass of a primitive.
- Material affects the friction of a primitive.
- Glass is the most slippery.
- Material affects the collision sound an object makes by default.
- You can change the collision sound via llCollisionSound.
Discussion for future improvements
Relationship to other features
List of features that need to be tested when this feature changes, and why.
llGetMass - make sure objects are still the same mass.
llGetObjectMass - make sure objects are still the same mass.