Open Grid Public Beta/Teleport How To
From Second Life Wiki
Download and Install Open Grid Viewer
- Download the viewer from here.
- The viewer is named "Open Grid" so you can install it without conflict with your existing Second Life viewer.
- Launch the viewer.
- Note the new field, "Region URL" in the lower right hand pane of the splash/login screen.
- Enter "http://sim1.vaak.lindenlab.com:13000", without quotes and without a trailing slash (see VWR-8382 )
- Enter your user name and password, and press connect. (Your avatar must belong to the Gridnauts inworld group)
- When you login, you will be 'ruthed'.
- The system may also ask if you want your avatar to be male or female.
- Note that you will not have access to your inventory.
Teleporting to an Open Sim Region
- From the "World" menu, select "Teleport Region".
- The teleport floater will only display if you originally logged in with a Region URL.
- Enter the URL of your patched OpenSim region.
- Press teleport.
- You will rez, once again, 'ruthed' on your OpenSim region.
- You can check "Help" > "About" from the menu to confirm that you are on your OpenSim region.
Congratulations! Gridnaut. You've Teleported Across The Grid!
A list of public regions to connect to is here: Public Regions
Send a screenshot of your avatar (with nametag) and the about screen to the gridnauts list for your special Gridnaut bear.
- If you see the not in gridnauts message when logging into the Open Grid viewer, please check your account on the beta grid with a release viewer to confirm you are in the gridnauts group.
- You may see a "you do not have access to that teleport destination" message, even if you successfully teleported.
- If you get an invalid region error when you attempt to teleport, check your OpenSim's bin/Regions/default.xml
- The attributes sim_location_x, and sim_location_y should not conflict with coordinates on the Second Life grid.
- Check the page Map_Locations and claim a non-conflicting set of coordinates.