From Second Life Wiki
Revision as of 21:45, 15 January 2014 by Miranda Umino
|LSL Portal||Functions | Events | Types | Operators | Constants | Flow Control | Script Library | Categorized Library | Tutorials|
The integer constant PRIM_DESC has the value 28
Used to get or set the prim's description.
- The prim description is limited to 127 bytes; any string longer then that will be truncated. This truncation does not always happen when the attribute is set or read.
- The pipe character '|' and the newline character '\n' are not legal in a prim's description. They will be replaced with '?'.
- Note that when people have "Hover Tips on All Objects" selected in the viewer's "View" menu, they'll see the object description pop-up for any object under their mouse pointer. For that reason, it is good practice to only set human-friendly information in the description, e.g. keys and such.
- When an attached object is detached, changes made by script to the name and description (of the root prim) of the attachment will be lost. While the object is attached the name and description can be changed but it will not be reflected in inventory. This caveat does not apply to child prims.
- ^ The pipe character historically has been used to separate fields in the serialized version of inventory. The field is not multi-line so the newline character holds no meaning in this context.
integer PRIM_DESC = 28;