Your contributions and use of content on the Second Life® Wiki are subject to the terms below. These terms are in addition to those provided in the Second Life Terms of Service.
Contributing to the Wiki
By contributing content to the Second Life Wiki, you indicate your agreement to the Editing Guidelines for acceptable Wiki content and to the Second Life Project Contribution Agreement, under which you license your contributed content. Please read the Editing Guidelines and Contribution Agreement carefully. If you don’t agree to their terms, then don’t submit any content.
Using Wiki Content
Unless otherwise noted, you have permission to reproduce, distribute, and adapt content from the Second Life Wiki under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. Here are the complete license terms.
When using content from the Second Life Wiki, you must do all of the following:
- acknowledge that the content is from the Second Life Wiki
- include the URL for, or link to, the original copy of the content on the Second Life Wiki
- include our copyright notice: “Copyright © 2008 Linden Research, Inc.”
- indicate that the content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License; and
- include the URL for, or link to, at least the license summary at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0 (and, if possible, to the complete license terms at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode).
For example, a notice for a work that uses content from the Second Life Wiki article Viewer Architecture might read:
This work uses content from the Second Life® Wiki article Viewer Architecture. Copyright © 2008 Linden Research, Inc. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License (see the complete license terms).
Linden Lab’s Trademarks
Notwithstanding the foregoing, all of Linden Lab’s trademarks, including but not limited to the Second Life brand name and Second Life Eye-in-Hand logo, are subject to our Trademark Guidelines.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Linden Lab provides the content on the Second Life Wiki “as is” without any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to about the content’s accuracy, fitness for any particular purpose, title, or non-infringement of third-party rights. You use content on the Second Life Wiki at your own risk.