Release Notes/Second Life Beta Server/1.40
From Second Life Wiki
Havok 7 is currently scheduled for a 1.40 server release.
- 1.40 Beta Server Region Signup. Submit here regions that you would like to see on ADITI for the duration of 1.40 server testing.
- Havok 7
- testing guidelines
- use physical stuff
- hit it hard
- HTTP Textures
- Transport of textures from the simulator over HTTP instead of via UDP this should enable more reliable and faster texture loading in the viewer, to enable the feature in viewer 2 use the develop menu and enable HTTP Textures.
- LSL Changes
- Region Crossing Improvements
- (improvements for avatars with and without attachments on region crossings and teleporting into regions) Improvements are based on how the region handles the crossing and not related to changes in the scripting engine, these improvements dont apply to region crossing on a vehicle. These improvements should allow faster crossing as well as a less spiky simulator fps when avatars enter a region.
- Maintenance Bugfixes
- llGetScriptName() returns script's old name :
- llPassCollisions() to provide PASS_ALWAYS, PASS_IF_NOT_HANDLED, and PASS_NEVER as explicit options : Add enumeration to
- STATUS_BLOCK_GRAB only affects individual prims in a linkset :
- User can still access a group owned location after being ejected from the group if their home location is set to the group land.
- : Intra-Region teleport not possible when region is full
- llOverMyLand returns false positives when avatar is not over owner's land but close by in another sim :
- A few more things that require a new viewer and will be going into public beta soon.
- Havok 7
- Getting private regions into ADITI for 1.40 testing (please use
- I'm locking this at the end of the week.
- Bug filing tips:
- Click "Create New Issue"
- Select Project: "2. Second Life Service - SVC"
- Select Issue Type: "Bug"
- Choose Affects Version/s: 1.40 Server (Unreleased Version)
- If you know it's a Havok 7 bug you can select "Havok 7 Beta" for the Affects Version/s.
- Be verbose and descriptive.
- Be sure to add your evnironment.