Release Notes/Second Life Server/1.24
From Second Life Wiki
Release Notes for Second Life Server 1.24
- Mono is an alternate way to run ordinary LSL scripts. It has advantages of speed and memory management over the current script engine. For more information about Mono see the wiki article: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mono.
- Note: Although no special viewer is needed to run Mono scripts, to create them you will need a viewer version of 1.21 or later.
- The 1.21 Release Candidate Viewer is expected to be available the week of August 25th.
- Enabled group moderation features for voice chat.
Changes that require both 1.24 Server *and* 1.21 Viewer (available here):
- New LSL calls for touch "position" in the touch_start(), touch(), and touch_end() events. Each touch() event provides the current surface point data (allowing grabbing, sliders, levers, and all sorts of pseudo GUI builds!):
- llDetectedTouchUV() - returns the UV coordinates of the point touched.
- llDetectedTouchFace() - returns the face of the point touched.
- llDetectedTouchPos() - returns the world coordinates of the point touched.
- llDetectedTouchNormal() - returns the surface normal of the point touched.
- llDetectedTouchBinormal() - returns the surface bi-normal of the point touched.
- llDetectedTouchST() - call to query surface coordinates.
- Script performance now measured in "events per second" (eps) instead of "instructions per second" (ips)
- 1.21 viewers will show "Script events" in the statistics window (ctrl-sht-1), but the metric will only have useful data for regions running 1.24.
- Earlier viewers will show the legacy "Script perf" in the stat window, but its value will only be useful for regions running 1.23.
- Once 1.24 is deployed gridwide, the only way to obtain useful script performance info will be with a 1.21 or later viewer
- New feature to return all objects on an estate
- MISC-713: Add "Return All Objects" as an estate-wide feature for a specified resident
- New info added:
- Add Time Stamp to Parcel Object List
- Add Time Stamp to Top Scripts Colliders List
- Add more categories to Help -> Report Abuse..
- Three security fixes