Category: New Resident Help
The following Resident Help Network groups have a primary focus on assisting new Second Life Residents.
- This group will maintain open enrollment and present easy opportunities for newcomers to join and to send IMs to request help. Along with Hobo Junction, we are a community working together to build the kind of virtual village we want to live in.
- Cookie Town Center, Calleta's Hobo Railroad Info Hub.
- Hobo Helpers Information page - Hobo Helpers HQ, Cookie
New Citizens, Inc (NCI)
- NCI is a voluntary association, dedicated to providing information, education and assistance to Second Life users (new and old), in order to maximize the benefits that they can gain from Second Life.
- 4 major sites (Kuula, Hamnida, NCI Dream Seeker, Fishermans Cove), 18 minor sites stocked with information and freebies, 60+ free class and event sessions per week, 15 in-world groups. Live help via IM. 1:1 mentoring.
- Forum - Blog - New Citizens, Inc Locations - Website
Phoenix Wave Team
- Provides help and support for Second Life residents, including multi-language support.
- Provides a friendly and informative point of contact for the diverse range of issues and questions posed by Second Life residents.
Phoenix Wave team Information page - Forum - Calendar - Facebook - Twitter - Team Headquarters
- SecondAbility Mentors group provides training for dedicated volunteers on how to appropriately assist real-life disabled individuals as they gain entrance into Second Life.
- Trained SecondAbility Mentors provide encouragement and assistance with a wide variety of issues that disabled residents may encounter, including understanding in-world behaviors and overcoming technical issues to the degree possible. SecondAbility Mentors also provide referral services to residents in helping them find the most appropriate on-going groups and services.
- SecondAbility Mentors Information page - Location
- Virtual Ability enables people with a wide range of disabilities by providing a supporting environment for them to enter and thrive in online virtual worlds like Second Life.
- We help our new members integrate into SL society and provide information, encouragement, training, companionship, referrals to other SL resources and groups,
- Whether you have a disability or not, if you have questions or want to get involved, please contact or join us!
- Virtual Ability Information page - Location - Path of Support- Cape Able Resource Center
White Tiger Mentors