Difference between revisions of "SL5B"
m (→Main Organisers:: reverting removal of content, no reason given in https://wiki.secondlife.com/w/index.php?title=SL5B&diff=73499&oldid=73386)
|Line 99:||Line 99:|
[[User:Phaylen Fairchild|Phaylen Fairchild]]
[[User:Phaylen Fairchild|Phaylen Fairchild]]
=== Coordinators ===
=== Coordinators ===
Revision as of 10:50, 23 June 2008
- 1 General Information
- 2 Useful Forms
- 3 Other Useful Links
- 4 Guidelines/Policies for SL5B
- 5 Staff List / Event Contacts
- 5.1 Main Organisers:
- 5.2 Coordinators
- 5.3 Sim Coordinators:
- 5.4 Lindens | Linden Event Liason:
- 5.5 Music and Live Performance Team:
- 5.6 LSL Infrastructure Team:
- 5.7 Building Coordinators:
- 5.8 Layout | Infrastructure Layout:
- 5.9 Art Exhibits Team:
- 5.10 Exhibition Coordinators:
- 5.11 Terraform Artists:
- 5.12 Architecture:
- 5.13 Chief Baker:
- 6 Linguists:
- 7 Second Life Birthday Groups
- 8 Calendar of Events
- 9 Feedback Survey
Welcome to the official central resource for information related to Second Life's 5th Birthday! The event is being coordinated by the SL5B Committee, which is made up of Resident Volunteers and Lindens.
This year's birthday celebration is a 2-week event. The first week, June 23 to June 29, will be kicked off by speeches from Philip Linden and M Linden. Themes for that week will feature exhibits from cultures past and present, arts, fashion, machinima, and music. For these exhibits, we’ve extended the deadline to Thursday, June 5 at 6pm PDT. Applications are now closed.
The second week, from June 30 to July 7, will feature exhibits from business, education, health care and nonprofits. We’ll close with a ceremony including a special guest speaker with a very important announcement. The deadline for the business, education, health care and nonprofit exhibits was Tuesday, June 10 at 6pm PDT. Applications are now closed.
New information will be added here as we are able to make it available, to keep our fellow residents of Second Life informed on the progress of our 5th Birthday Event. Information in English is the most updated.
Second Life's 5th Birthday Event begins June 23, 2008 9:00 am (Monday) to July 7, 2008 11:59 pm (Monday)
- Notice: all times are in US Pacific time
- Latest news (June 22, 2008 7:45 PM PDT - PLEASE DISSEMINATE): Tomorrow we will be closing the entire estate in the interest of preperation for the launch. The Sims will be down from 7am until 9:45am PDT. Space to attend Philip and M Linden's opening speeches will be incredibly limited. We will be providing external links for residents to listen and/or watch the events remotely from private parcels around the grid. Thanks for understanding. -Phaylen Fairchild
- Latest news (June 22, 2008): Sims have returned to standard Linden time, with the sun rising and setting as expected. The sims will open to the public Monday, June 23, 2008 at 9 am PDT. Have a great time! - Shoshana Epsilon
- Latest news (June 16, 2008): This event has grown from one week to two, and some people are confused about how long they will be allowed to exhibit. If you are part of the arts and culture sections, you should be ready to exhibit and start doing your fine tuning on June 20, 2008. The gates open on June 23, 2008. You are welcome to exhibit for the whole two weeks of the event, and we hope you will! Beginning on week 2 (June 30), we will begin to shift focus a bit and add more events and exhibits in the Education, Business Solutions and Nonprofit categories. These folks have an extra week to prepare (until June 27, 2008), and are located on the regions called Edit, Linked, Rotate and Stretched. However, if they can complete their exhibits on time for the opening on June 23, they should! They will get far more visibility on their exhibits if they too can be open for the full two weeks. But no one will pressure them to be ready by June 23, since they are getting a late start. -Dusty Linden
- Live Music/DJ Availability Form
- This form will assist performers/DJ's in showing their available time slots.
- Availability Form, Click Here
- Signup Form for Linguists, Greeters, and Volunteers
- Linguists and Greeters help event attendees and exhibitors find exhibits and assist in translation.
- [Signup Form, Click Here]
Other Useful Links
Week 2 - Confirmed
Official Flickr - Image Sharing
Share your Second Life Birthday Images at http://flickr.com/groups/secondlifebirthday/
Even if you don't have images join! You can view share and discuss the event on Flickr with others! : D
If you don't have a Flickr account go to http://flickr.com/ and sign up then visit the Event link to join the Second Life Birthday Event Flickr Pool.
Event staff / Coordinators please join and contact an Admin once you have joined the group!
SL5B Stage Coordinates
Center Stage - Main Stage (at confluence of 4 sims, approach by any of the following SLURLs)
- SW side(Second Life Birthday/226/228/25)
- SE side(SL5B Physical/29/230/25)
- NE side(SL5B Phantom/33/38/25)
- NW side(SL5B Hippos/223/23/25)
Bayjou Machinima Theater (SL5B, original at Bay City)
The website to get informed about the DJ's & other performers during the SL5B! http://220.127.116.11/SL5B/html
Guidelines/Policies for SL5B
Exhibit / Building Guidelines
- No Mega Prims
- No use of temp-on-rezzers to create permanent structures
- All Exhibits must be PG, if an Exhibit contains Mature Content this content may be Returned by a Coordinator
- No commercial advertising or objects for sale
- No Tip Jars
Under the definition of PG some of but not limited to the following will be prohibited: Nudity: Exhibits must not contain Mature content, if you are unsure of the rating of some of your content please contact a Coordinator. Ropes and Chains, graphic images or exhibits showing someone being bound will not be allowed, this also includes other content that may represent someone being bound in a sexual way.
Group Chat Guidelines
Follow the Second Life Community Standards when talking in Group Chat. Please Do Not spam. Please Do Not advertise in Group Chat. Don't be abusive towards other exhibitors or event staff in Group Chat. If you have a private dispute take it to Instant Message with that person, if you have a general Event Dispute please contact a Coordinator.
We all enjoy general chit chat, as it helps boost moral and awareness between exhibitors but please be respectful.
If you come across a griefer (Anything or anyone that is in breach of the Second Life ToS and / or Community Standards) please file an Abuse Report by going to 'Help' and 'Report Abuse...' and also contact a Coordinator.
If you come across griefing objects such as particle spammers please file an Abuse Report and contact a Coordinator to return the object. Please do not aggravate the situation in any way.
If you're found to be griefing you will be Reported and banned from the Event and SL5B Sims. Anything that breaches the Second Life ToS and / or Community Standards and makes a Residents Second Life Experience less enjoyable is griefing and will not be accepted or tolerated.
Please don't be abusive towards SL5B Staff, we're here to do a job and make the event enjoyable for all so help us to help you. : D
Staff List / Event Contacts
- Long hours, late nights, true dedication and commitment. That sums up the monumental task our staff has in preparing and organizing this birthday. But we do it all for you -- the amazing and creative residents of Second Life. And that makes it all worth it. We hope you enjoy the event as much as we have in our path to get to the finish line.
(previously SignpostMarv Martin)
(previously Trinity Coulter)
Meghan Dench: General Coordinator
Dusty Linden: SL5B Edit, SL5B Linked, SL5B Rotate, SL5B Stretch
Evie Fairchild: SL5B Rebake, SL5B Ruthed, SL5B Hippos, SL5B Prim
Kit Maitland: SL5B Phantom, SL5B Second Life Birthday, SL5B Physical, SL5B Move, SL5B Copy
Katier Reitveld: SL5B Dwell, SL5B Avatar, SL5B Delegoose, SL5B Rezzed
Shoshana Epsilon: SL5B Flexi, SL5B Sculpty, SL5B Render
Lindens | Linden Event Liason:
Music and Live Performance Team:
For Live Music Enquiries please contact Roxi Bingyi, Live Music Coordinator.
For DJ Enquiries please contact Chel Norfolk, Live Performance Coordinator.
LSL Infrastructure Team:
Layout | Infrastructure Layout:
Art Exhibits Team:
Atashi Yue: first contact for Exhibitors
[to be updated]
How to get involved!
If you'd like to Volunteer to Get Involved and Translate for the SL5B Event please fill in this Form!
Note to Linguists
Please list in your In-World Second Life Profile the languages you speak and are available to translate into, as well as any other useful information about your availability.
Second Life Birthday Groups
SL Birthday Exhibitors
For staff and Exhibitors and others who may wish to join. This is the main group.
Second Life Birthday Staff
For Event Staff only.
SL Birthday Performers
For exhibitors, staff and Event Performers including DJs : D
Calendar of Events
- (Information being developed)
- Opening Event/Keynote
- Live Performances
- Second Life Cultural Events
- Industry Roundtables, Tours, Talks
- Closing Presentations
- (To be added)